Silly commuting racing

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
itboffin

Re: Silly commuting racing

Postby itboffin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 08:38 am

Faaaaaark! that was wet last night could have swam home :evil:
Rule #5 // Harden The fark Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

whitebait01

Postby whitebait01 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 08:51 am

itboffin wrote:Faaaaaark! that was wet last night could have swam home :evil:

I rather enjoyed it, ss jersey, bib shorts, overshoes and a buff. Perfect temperature! Gonna clean the poor old bike today so apologies in advance for Monday's weather...
Ribble Audax - FCN 5
Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3

itboffin

Postby itboffin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 08:54 am

Wobbling from the 'Peth to Paddington on the BSO in that wasn't much fun neither was bouncing off the verge and road curbs as I wiggled my way home only to be delayed on the train for an hour and no food in the house.

Not cool and i'm still hungry.
Rule #5 // Harden The fark Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Paul E

Postby Paul E » Sat Oct 06, 2012 08:56 am

Feet were a bit wet and lower legs but apart from that I was dry under my waterproof and my ars*/back/bag stayed dry (at last) no rubbing or moving from my race blade xl's either!

The wet on the road this morning was a tad gritty, I could hear it under the tyres and being flicked up against the guards
bartman100 wrote:The OP is a troll = moron
The OP actually believes this = moron

cjcp

Postby cjcp » Sat Oct 06, 2012 09:18 am

whitebait01 wrote:
itboffin wrote:Faaaaaark! that was wet last night could have swam home :evil:

I rather enjoyed it, ss jersey, bib shorts, overshoes and a buff. Perfect temperature! Gonna clean the poor old bike today so apologies in advance for Monday's weather...

Were you on Embankment last night? There was a tall, thin chap on a blue Ribble last night riding with myself and Edds.
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

whitebait01

Postby whitebait01 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 09:29 am

Nope, not me. A1 then A503. Need to head back down and do an extended commute via embankment. I miss the commuter peloton!
Ribble Audax - FCN 5
Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3

JonGinge

Postby JonGinge » Mon Oct 08, 2012 08:29 am

Morning, Tom.
FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
Planet-x Scott
Rides

cjcp

Postby cjcp » Mon Oct 08, 2012 08:36 am

Rode in with Edds this morning. Saw him just after he entered RP and thought "please don't turn right. Please don't turn right." (Turning right would mean he'd be going up Dark Hill and I'd naturally be obliged to follow.)

He didn't. He went straight on. Awesome. Made my morning, that.
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

Paul E

Postby Paul E » Mon Oct 08, 2012 08:41 am

Felt quite good this morning, left earlier as I have to start earlier today, have put my spd's back on to save my better shoes now the weather is grimmer, not sure if he is on here but a very rapid guy on a red and black cervelo with deep wheels had brown camo 3/4 shorts on and didn't hang about on the road that runs parralell to tooley street thats snakes under the railway line

Wrath Rob

Postby Wrath Rob » Mon Oct 08, 2012 08:57 am

Rubbish weekend, filled with a nasty cold plus a knackered shoulder. Cold is getting better but the shoulder is keeping my off of the bike. Physio tomorrow so hopefully I'll be back on the bike after that. Hopefully. PT sucks.
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

cyclingprop

Postby cyclingprop » Mon Oct 08, 2012 09:01 am

Wrath Rob wrote:Rubbish weekend, filled with a nasty cold plus a knackered shoulder. Cold is getting better but the shoulder is keeping my off of the bike. Physio tomorrow so hopefully I'll be back on the bike after that. Hopefully. PT sucks.

PT does indeed suck donkey balls. #fortheforseeable
What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?

iPete

Postby iPete » Mon Oct 08, 2012 09:05 am

slowest average ever this morning, could not be arsed with a headwind then loads of traffic. 13.7mph!

Paul E

Postby Paul E » Mon Oct 08, 2012 09:06 am

I saw loads of people doing an odd upturned bike ritual, lots more than normal, the rain must have driven bits into their tyres and they have worked their way through at last this morning, I spent an age picking stuff out of my front tyre (swapped it for a better nick spare) and will super glue up the nicks later tonight.

MTB-Idle

Postby MTB-Idle » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:45 am

cracked a couple of ribs whilst out on the MTB yesterday. That made the morning cycle commute tough today. trying not to breathe too deeply. :cry:
FCN = 4

willy b

Postby willy b » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:07 pm

No SCR, instead a nice 50 miles through Hertfordshire countyside. Only got rained on for the last 20mins too, so that was a bonus.

Annoying though, you set a hood average and then on the way back into London, traffic just keeps knocking it down, ah well.

pangolin

Postby pangolin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 pm

^ Averagez from da hood ^

Came in an hour earlier than normal today. Nice and dark in the park, only a couple of other cyclists in there at that time. Cars hadn't quite been allowed in either, always love passing the queue at the gate :)

Being dark when you leave makes it seem colder I think. Had to convince myself not to wear more, and was glad I did as I was warm pretty quickly. In early enough to dodge the rain too.
Genesis Croix de Fer

Paul E

Postby Paul E » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 pm

The rain that wasn't forecast on the BBC website (normaly quite accurate) luckily I have my guards on all the time now and a shower proof in my bag, only caught the very start of the rain right at the end of my run in

hegyestomi

Postby hegyestomi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 13:13 pm

Paul E wrote:The rain that wasn't forecast on the BBC website (normaly quite accurate) luckily I have my guards on all the time now and a shower proof in my bag, only caught the very start of the rain right at the end of my run in

Try accuweather, browse their website on your mobile (the desktop browsing is useless IMO), they have an hourly weather forecast that I found very accurate.

Also anybody here from the morning (8:30ish) through Old Kent Road, black Spesh(i think allez) and spesh glasses? Nice pace with some crazy amount of spinning...

tetm

Postby tetm » Mon Oct 08, 2012 13:14 pm

JonGinge wrote:Morning, Tom.

Good day, sir. I failed to hear Jens Voight in my head going through the tunnel, your tow from that van was too much for me without his wise words.

JonGinge

Postby JonGinge » Mon Oct 08, 2012 13:50 pm

tetm wrote:
JonGinge wrote:Morning, Tom.

Good day, sir. I failed to hear Jens Voight in my head going through the tunnel, your tow from that van was too much for me without his wise words.
Heh heh. Yes, that was a very handy van; accelerating at just the right amount at the start of the tunnel.

The stretch from temple was the only bit of the ride where I could open the taps fully. Busy and wet for the rest.
FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt

Planet-x Scott

Rides

Return to “Commuting Chat”