DHB pads

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
ALIHISGREAT

DHB pads

Postby ALIHISGREAT » Sun Oct 07, 2012 23:00 pm

I've got some DHB Aeron pro summer shorts.. and I'm looking at some DHB vaeon roubaix shorts for the autumn..

but given that the 'tour' pad in the aeron pros isn't that thick.. I'm a little concerned about the cheaper 'giro' pad in the vaeon shorts...

can anyone with experience of both pads shed any light?

IShaggy

Re: DHB pads

Postby IShaggy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 08:06 am

The 'cheaper' pad in the Vaeon shorts is thicker - and therefore less comfortable IMO. But we're all different I guess. There's a guide on the sales page here - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-vaeon-rouba ... bib-short/

I've got the 3/4 Vaeon roubaixs - which I use autumn, spring , and winter when the temp gets below 10 degrees. I much prefer them to full length tights and even wear them when it gets below freezing - with a good pair of merino wool socks.

Bozman

Postby Bozman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 08:46 am

IShaggy wrote:The 'cheaper' pad in the Vaeon shorts is thicker - and therefore less comfortable IMO. But we're all different I guess. There's a guide on the sales page here - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-vaeon-rouba ... bib-short/

I've got the 3/4 Vaeon roubaixs - which I use autumn, spring , and winter when the temp gets below 10 degrees. I much prefer them to full length tights and even wear them when it gets below freezing - with a good pair of merino wool socks.

Snap

The Fuggler

Postby The Fuggler » Mon Oct 08, 2012 08:56 am

I have a set of Vaeons. Absolutely fine for up to 40 miles or so. Couldn't tell you beyond that.
FCN 3 / 4

Calpol

Postby Calpol » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 pm

I have last years DHB roubaix longs and the Aeron Pro bib shorts. No question that the shorts are much better particularly the longer you ride. Having said that my Castelli shorts are significantly more comfortable at 40+ miles than the DHBs. The Roubaix longs are a nice fit and quite toasty and i don't tend to ride as far in the winter.

buzzwold

Postby buzzwold » Mon Oct 08, 2012 15:17 pm

I've got the Pace Roubaix tights with the same pad. Looking at Wiggle site these appear to be the same tight as the Vaeon, new name for 2012/3. I've found these to be v comfortable if the weather is on the cooler side. If weather too warm the build up of heat in the nether regions begins to take its toll. The summer DHBs Aeron Race that I have supposedly have the same pad as the Pace, which is even quicker to heat up.

Too be honest, I'm happy to stick with the Pace Roubaix - so the Vaeon should be OK - but I'm going to uptrade for better summer shorts next year.
Someone's just passed me again

ALIHISGREAT

Postby ALIHISGREAT » Mon Oct 08, 2012 22:58 pm

Just ordered:

1x Vaeon Roubaix Bibshort
1x Merino baselayer SS
1x SIS Go Electrolyte lemon and lime (18x sachets)

But I'm most excited about the Haribo

(thats £80 though! not cheap!)

Return to “Road Buying Advice”