Boardman Team FS

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)
chez_m356

Re: Boardman Team FS

Postby chez_m356 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 am

aguire wrote:Hi.Having a bleed kit its good idea.Bleeding its easy to do and i find out its needed each time when brake pads need to be replaced.This allow to push pistons back to starting point.

if you have to bleed them when you change the pads you must be doing something wrong
Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011

allthegearnoidea

Postby allthegearnoidea » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 am

Agreed, no need to bleed every change of pads, yes its easier to undo the nipple a little and push the pisons in, But! They should push back in fine,
Only need to bleed if air has got in some how,!
Timmo.
After all, I am Cornish!
http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481

mrmonkfinger

Postby mrmonkfinger » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Bleed kits can be had from ebay, quite cheap e.g. here

Unfortunately it sounds like another case of a crap factory bleed by Avid. Give it a bleed and it should be fine - the Avid hardware always seems reasonably well made to me. Its just a shame their factory bleeds have a terrible rep.

Nice bike, btw :D

zanush

Postby zanush » Wed Oct 03, 2012 21:21 pm

mrmonkfinger wrote:Bleed kits can be had from ebay, quite cheap e.g. here
Unfortunately it sounds like another case of a crap factory bleed by Avid. Give it a bleed and it should be fine - the Avid hardware always seems reasonably well made to me. Its just a shame their factory bleeds have a terrible rep.
Nice bike, btw :D

Just ordered one from the ebay link ;)
I could prolly make a bodge up kit up with syringes etc from work but might aswell get a premade kit rather than faffing about myself lol
I'm liking the bike more and more, much better now i've changed the saddle and grips ;)
Boardman Fs Team
Felt F95

aguire

Postby aguire » Wed Oct 03, 2012 22:34 pm

Guys are right about bleeding,i go to far (each time),just happen to me after change the pads i had no room for rotor and i was not able to push pistons back.I was trying different brands of pads and maybe they was thicker.Nevermind.Its good to have tools and be able to do maintenance if needed.I have boardman ht 2010 model and since than i had to replace few bits(bb,wheel bearings,wheel rims,chainrings,etc).I am happy with breaks and i had no problems with fork so far.I wish you no problems with your bike and lots of fun.

kirby700

Postby kirby700 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 20:45 pm

Have you changed your tyres yet? I only reason ask as I have the small frame and have read on various reviews that the bike can take bigger tyres.
Last Sunday I went out and it felt like the bike was on Ice, slipping and skipping on the gloopy mud. This really caught me out as the tyres in the dry are excellent.
I have rubber queens 2.2 on my Giant and spent 30mins changing the tyres over but the back wheel wouldnt turn as it was grating on the chain stays.
If you have changed, what to?
GIANT XTC 2.5
BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP

zanush

Postby zanush » Tue Oct 09, 2012 22:01 pm

I'm still using the original tyres (mountain Kings 2.2), definitely not the best in sloppy mud but i've just dropped the pressure down a bit and i'll just get some different ones when these need replacing. It does look like there will be some restriction as to what tyres will fit though due to frame clearance as you have found out.
Boardman Fs Team
Felt F95

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”