F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
OCDuPalais

Re: F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Postby OCDuPalais » Sat Oct 06, 2012 00:14 am

Sorry to be flippant in a doping issue that everyone's taking very seriously, but why is the Luxembourg Anti-Doping Agency 'NADA' and not 'LADA'?

Makes very nittle sense to me...

TimB34

Postby TimB34 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 20:07 pm

I think a small (freudian??) slip has crept into the latest cycling news story.

The Luxembougish Anti-Doping Agency is actually ALAD : http://www.alad.lu/

It would be too funny if the name of their anti-doping agency was the word for "nothing" in spanish!

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Mon Oct 08, 2012 15:49 pm

OCDuPalais wrote:Sorry to be flippant in a doping issue that everyone's taking very seriously, ...

Let's qualify that by changing "everyone's" to "SOME ARE". Hell, I take a diuretic every day and even tell people about it, and guess what? No one cares. So now I'm telling the world that I take a diuretic. Anyone out there care or give a rats *ss? Anyone?? Anyone??? :wink:

Pross

Postby Pross » Mon Oct 08, 2012 16:12 pm

dennisn wrote:
OCDuPalais wrote:Sorry to be flippant in a doping issue that everyone's taking very seriously, ...

Let's qualify that by changing "everyone's" to "SOME ARE". Hell, I take a diuretic every day and even tell people about it, and guess what? No one cares. So now I'm telling the world that I take a diuretic. Anyone out there care or give a rats *ss? Anyone?? Anyone??? :wink:

I think a middle aged Yank takes them for slightly different reasons to a top flight professional cyclist (or Frank Schleck) ;)

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Mon Oct 08, 2012 19:20 pm

Pross wrote:
dennisn wrote:

I think a middle aged Yank takes them for slightly different reasons to a top flight professional cyclist (or Frank Schleck) ;)

..... but you don't know that and even if you did it still poses the question of why care? :?

OCDuPalais

Postby OCDuPalais » Mon Oct 08, 2012 20:50 pm

dennisn wrote:
Pross wrote:
dennisn wrote:

..... but you don't know that and even if you did it still poses the question of why care? :?

I don't know why, I just do.

If you're lonely, I will call -
If you're poorly, I will send poetry

I love you
I am the milkman of human kindness
I will leave an extra pint

If you're sleeping, I will wait
If your bed is wet, I will dry your tears

I love you

Hold my hand for me I'm waking up
Hold my hand for me I'm waking up
Hold my hand for me I'm making up
Won't you hold my hand - I'm making up

If you are falling, I'll put out my hands
If you feel bitter, I will understand

I love you

nathancom

Postby nathancom » Mon Oct 08, 2012 21:20 pm

Dennisn still supporting dopers with his mock apathy...
Con-man stings granny for life savings. Bothered?
Banker stings country for savings of millions of lives. Bothered?
Athlete to get in Guinness Book of Records for number of needles stuck in body at one time. Bothered?

Why carry on living if life interests the you little...

edhornby

Postby edhornby » Mon Oct 08, 2012 22:45 pm

dennis wrote:Let's qualify that by changing "everyone's" to "SOME ARE". Hell, I take a diuretic every day and even tell people about it, and guess what? No one cares. So now I'm telling the world that I take a diuretic. Anyone out there care or give a rats *ss? Anyone?? Anyone??? :wink:

diuretics mask things like EPO, testosterone, corticosteroids and all the other things that are (not only) banned but also seriously dangerous to the health of those taking them in an uncontrolled manner

Do you actually want clean cycling Dennis ?

PS, you don't have to answer that if you want to, treat it as a rhetorical question - troll feeding time over
"I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
--Jens Voight

Pross

Postby Pross » Tue Oct 09, 2012 09:13 am

dennisn wrote:
Pross wrote:
dennisn wrote:

I know they're on the banned list for a reason and on that basis if Frank had a legitimate need to use them he should have obtained a TUE. He didn't which suggests he wasn't taking them for legitimate reasons.

amaferanga

Postby amaferanga » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:45 am

dennisn wrote:
Pross wrote:
dennisn wrote:

Why do you care that he cares? And before you say anything, I don't care that you care that he cares, I'm just asking a question and have no interest in the answer other than to continue another pointless debate :wink:
More problems but still living....

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 am

Contador is the Greatest

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:06 am

Contador is the Greatest

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Tue Oct 09, 2012 14:17 pm

amaferanga wrote:
dennisn wrote:
Pross wrote:
dennisn wrote:

Why do you care that he cares? And before you say anything, I don't care that you care that he cares, I'm just asking a question and have no interest in the answer other than to continue another pointless debate :wink:

I think you have finally gotten my point. Seriously. Pointless debate? Indeed it is.

Pross

Postby Pross » Tue Oct 09, 2012 14:40 pm

So discussing a pro cyclist testing positive for a banned substance and facing a hearing to determine if he gets banned on a forum dedicated to professional cycling is a pointless debate? I think you might be in the wrong place!

jimmythecuckoo

Postby jimmythecuckoo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 15:18 pm

When's the hearing?
http://fendrien.eu <<Blog/Photos/Kit

Graeme_S

Postby Graeme_S » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Just seen this
French sports newspaper “L'Equipe” has published an article suggesting that RadioShack manager Johan Bruyneel doped cyclist Fränk Schleck, so that the latter would be unable to leave the team.

http://www.wort.lu/en/view/french-newsp ... um=twitter
It sounds kind of plausible, but given the latest revelations so would "Bruyneel shot JFK" and "Bruyneel masterminded 9/11", but it doesn't mean he was behind those either. Will be very difficult to prove I'd have thought.

zx6man

Postby zx6man » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:11 pm

isn't coca-cola a diuretic..... maybe hes had a mcdonalds before the race

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 13:10 pm

Graeme_S wrote:Just seen this
French sports newspaper “L'Equipe” has published an article suggesting that RadioShack manager Johan Bruyneel doped cyclist Fränk Schleck, so that the latter would be unable to leave the team.

http://www.wort.lu/en/view/french-newsp ... um=twitter
It sounds kind of plausible, but given the latest revelations so would "Bruyneel shot JFK" and "Bruyneel masterminded 9/11", but it doesn't mean he was behind those either. Will be very difficult to prove I'd have thought.

Gee wiz. I would believe it.
Contador is the Greatest

andyp

Postby andyp » Fri Oct 12, 2012 13:11 pm

Colour me surprised.

ThomThom

Postby ThomThom » Fri Oct 12, 2012 13:43 pm

True or not. Frank will use it as defence. He's got nothing else.

Return to “Pro Race”