Should i take food with me?

New to Cycling? Want some advice? Start here...
User avatar
Sprool
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 19:32 pm

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby Sprool » Sun Oct 14, 2012 21:00 pm

I like to take a roast chicken and a half bottle of claret with me if I'm going more than 4 miles. I may not be very fast but I really enjoy my riding.

Teisetrotter
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 14:14 pm

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby Teisetrotter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 21:18 pm

I went out after a good breakfast today. My cadence was pants, I struggled to get over a speed bump. Couldn't work it out. stopped about 20 miles out, eat a Jordan's breakfast bar and had half a bottle of water and within a little while I was doing a lot better and by the end of 40 miles I was feeling a lot lot better.

You never know where your bodies energy levels are, so just take some nutty, fruity stuff, sugary stuff. You never know.

I agree with the claret and chicken though if I am cycling to my river for a days fly fishing;)

User avatar
meursault
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 20:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby meursault » Mon Oct 15, 2012 17:39 pm

amaferanga wrote:I honestly had no idea that people actually take those rules seriously. I just thought they were a bit of attempted humour.


There is humour involved. The rules are the path to the calling.
Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire

User avatar
meursault
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 20:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby meursault » Mon Oct 15, 2012 17:40 pm

T.M.H.N.E.T wrote:
meursault wrote:
T.M.H.N.E.T wrote:
nolight wrote:No food is required for training under 4 hours.

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#91

The velominati isn't exactly credible advice.


There is no other advice.

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#5

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#91 especially if you want to lose weight.

Seriously though, I take a banana, and usually refill some munchies at coffee shop before finishing ride.

You can't be serious? Please tell me you're not being serious :?:


Deadly serious, banana and coffee shop for me.
Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire

User avatar
amaferanga
Posts: 6595
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 16:44 pm

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby amaferanga » Mon Oct 15, 2012 18:02 pm

meursault wrote:
amaferanga wrote:I honestly had no idea that people actually take those rules seriously. I just thought they were a bit of attempted humour.


There is humour involved. The rules are the path to the calling.


Right.
More problems but still living....

User avatar
meursault
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 20:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby meursault » Mon Oct 15, 2012 18:16 pm

amaferanga wrote:
meursault wrote:
amaferanga wrote:I honestly had no idea that people actually take those rules seriously. I just thought they were a bit of attempted humour.


There is humour involved. The rules are the path to the calling.


Right.


:)
Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire

RandG
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 09:14 am

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby RandG » Mon Oct 15, 2012 18:18 pm

A wee snort of coke before the off, and then some speed if and when required :roll:

nolight
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 19:20 pm

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby nolight » Mon Oct 15, 2012 18:31 pm

meursault wrote:
T.M.H.N.E.T wrote:
meursault wrote:
T.M.H.N.E.T wrote:
nolight wrote:No food is required for training under 4 hours.

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#91

The velominati isn't exactly credible advice.


There is no other advice.

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#5

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#91 especially if you want to lose weight.

Seriously though, I take a banana, and usually refill some munchies at coffee shop before finishing ride.

You can't be serious? Please tell me you're not being serious :?:


Deadly serious, banana and coffee shop for me.


And don't forget. No latte. Latte is for sissies. Cyclists don't drink latte.
http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#56

User avatar
thegreatdivide
Posts: 4245
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby thegreatdivide » Mon Oct 15, 2012 18:38 pm

RandG wrote:A wee snort of coke before the off, and then some speed if and when required :roll:


Aka 'a quick Boonen' :wink:
"Crevaison sur les paves..."

User avatar
meursault
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 20:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby meursault » Mon Oct 15, 2012 18:41 pm

RandG wrote:A wee snort of coke before the off, and then some speed if and when required :roll:


What about the EPO? you blood transfuse apres ride?

Image
Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire

RandG
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 09:14 am

Re: Should i take food with me?

Postby RandG » Mon Oct 15, 2012 19:47 pm

meursault wrote:What about the EPO? you blood transfuse apres ride?




I can get EPO also, drop me a PM, I'll sort you out. Keep it to yourself though :wink:


Return to “Road Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests