I want a tattoo (Cycling)

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Davdandy

Re: I want a tattoo (Cycling)

Postby Davdandy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 09:19 am

Tattoos are personal.

I dont give two s***s whether others like them or not,it is my body and i will do as i like.Some like jewellery,i don't but thats my choice not theirs.Some like designer clothes,i dont care but thats my choice too.

Do it for YOU and not someone else.
Cannondale CAAD 8 105
Rockrider 8.1

nweststeyn

Postby nweststeyn » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:13 am

My bands drummer just got a new addition to the final patch of untattooed skin left on his forearms - a robot boxer with the slogan 'fear the future'.

I don't have any tattoos.

I don't know why it always has to be us vs. them. Get something if you really want, who should really care but you?

Tom Butcher

Postby Tom Butcher » Sat Oct 06, 2012 15:21 pm

If you can find something that you would want tattooed on your body then get it done - personally I've never found anything I like that much. For myself it'd have to be something with meaning personal to me. Can't really see the point of the celtic knotwork/tribal stuff that seems popular - if it's just a pretty pattern to look at then it seems easier to get some new wallpaper.
------------------------
it's a hard life if you don't weaken.

Davdandy

Postby Davdandy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 15:26 pm

I find the tribal to be extremely lame to be honest.They have no meaning or merit other than someone wanting a tattoo for the sake of wanting one.Unless you are a Maori or aborigine they are pointless.
Cannondale CAAD 8 105
Rockrider 8.1

rodgers73

Postby rodgers73 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 18:41 pm

I heard a story about a woman getting a Chinese character tattooed on her that she was told mean "good luck" (or something). Turned out it meant "supermarket"

:lol:

Carl_P

Postby Carl_P » Sat Oct 06, 2012 19:44 pm

A guy at the gym I go to has the Nike "Swish" on his upper arm. Actually looks quite cool.

Can't think of a similar cycling image though.
Van Nicholas Euros
Dolan Preffisio
Giant SCR2
Specialized Langster

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...

ThomThom

Postby ThomThom » Sat Oct 06, 2012 20:07 pm

What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?

Written somewhere visiable to anyone anytime.

RoyPSB

Postby RoyPSB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 08:35 am

Carl_P wrote:A guy at the gym I go to has the Nike "Swish" on his upper arm. Actually looks quite cool.

I don't like them but that's just my opinion. You should care tuppence what others think.

I have to say though that having that Nike logo is bloody ridiculous. No imagination, just branding.

RoyPSB

Postby RoyPSB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 08:37 am

RoyPSB wrote:
Carl_P wrote:A guy at the gym I go to has the Nike "Swish" on his upper arm. Actually looks quite cool.

I don't like them but that's just my opinion. You should care tuppence what others think.

I have to say though that having that Nike logo is bloody ridiculous. No imagination, just branding.

Whoops! Just re-read that. Should say shouldn't care tuppence.

Davdandy

Postby Davdandy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 08:54 am

For some inspiration type `cycling tattoos` into Google images.
Cannondale CAAD 8 105
Rockrider 8.1

BowtomePhil

Postby BowtomePhil » Tue Oct 09, 2012 13:55 pm

If you want one, get one.

I like some tatoos on people, some I don't like. They are body art.

The only thing I don't get is: When a heavily tatooed guy walks towards me and I am looking at the tatoos, he says "What the f&^k you looking at?"

Davdandy

Postby Davdandy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 13:32 pm

Well Mallorcajeff,have you had one or got a booking for one?
Cannondale CAAD 8 105
Rockrider 8.1

markyone

Postby markyone » Sun Oct 21, 2012 17:42 pm

rodgers73 wrote:Just think how crap it will end up looking when you're older.

The ink is permanent but the state of your skin/muscle isn't. There's a lot of people out there who are going to look a right mess in the future. If I had some spare cash I'd invest it in anyone developing improved tattoo removal technology - that's going to be a boom industry!

Totally agree,look at all these young girls with tattoos,what would a 50 year old woman look like covered in ink?
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Enigma evade Dura Ace 9000
BeOne CRD Pro Alloy 29er

RoyPSB

Postby RoyPSB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 14:28 pm

I see one of the young girls on Strictly Come Dancing has a tattoo on each calf. She can only be about 18 - they look hideous. Just my opinion though, each to their own.

BowtomePhil

Postby BowtomePhil » Tue Oct 23, 2012 07:25 am

RoyPSB wrote:I see one of the young girls on Strictly Come Dancing has a tattoo on each calf. She can only be about 18 - they look hideous. Just my opinion though, each to their own.

I think one of them looks okay the other looks awful.

Each to their own.

Nick Fitt

Postby Nick Fitt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:34 pm

RoyPSB wrote:
RoyPSB wrote:

Whoops! Just re-read that. Should say shouldn't care tuppence.

Nope, you were right the first time I think; ..."should care tuppence' is implying little value, whereas "shouldnt care tuppence" implies a value higher than tuppence?? Its the "couldn't care less" "could care less" that gets misused - by the yanks mainly

Saw a bloke from Brighon on an Etape trip once who had the Colnago logo tattoed on his arm and it looked quite cool.

Edit: Actually, Im not so sure about what I wrote there, the tuppence not the Colnago tattoo

Velonutter
Lives Here

Postby Velonutter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 13:50 pm

When I was having the tats of my dogs paws on my chest I chose for a bit of a laugh to have the following tattoed on my left calf, don't really care what people think but when I met "The Mr Campagnolo" himself at the Cycle Show this year he was impressed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

coriordan

Postby coriordan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 14:20 pm

I think it is supposed to be 'I couldn't care less': As in "I currently care so little, that it is not possible for me to care any less about the issue'

I would presume that "Couldn't care tuppence" is again, because you care so little, that even a payment of tuppence for your troubles, is too much.

Anyway. Tattoos are bloody cool on some, sh!t on others. I really appreciate them, depending on what/who/where, but on a personal note: not for me.

Eg: lanky pasty chav with tribal thing round bicep = looks stupid (imo).
A cheeky chainring on your calf - perhaps a bit corny, but probably quite cool.
GIrls in tattoos - dependant - can be awful or great. Tribal tattoos on the small of your back are tacky IMV, but plant/vine-like things on ankles/feet are cool.

Opinion, innit.

Secteur

Postby Secteur » Fri Oct 26, 2012 15:59 pm

rozzer32

Postby rozzer32 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 16:19 pm

This isn't my tattoo. But it looks awful and now bet the guy hates it.

I don't mind people who have tattoos for a reason, like a family member passing, a turning point in their life etc. But these people who get it because they fancied it or thought it looked good, like people who just get stars on their wrist or something, those are the ones that I think look awful and tacky.
**** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2011 *****

Return to “The Cake Stop”