Are Time Trials Safe?

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Trev The Rev » Mon Oct 29, 2012 08:56 am

NewTTer wrote:I am sure with your very warped and bigotted viewpoints you must be used to abuse, you attitudes and the way you try to force your strange ways onto others is bound to attract abuse, in the same way as a turd attracts flies.

So go figure.


NewTTer,

Are you on timetrialling forum? There are a small minority of people on there too who can't argue without resorting to abuse.

Trev.

PS. I no longer hold the opinion that time trials on dual carriageways should be banned. But I do think there should be more closed circuit or closed road events for those that prefer not to ride on dual carriageways.

NewTTer
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby NewTTer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 16:40 pm

Trev The Rev wrote:
NewTTer wrote:I am sure with your very warped and bigotted viewpoints you must be used to abuse, you attitudes and the way you try to force your strange ways onto others is bound to attract abuse, in the same way as a turd attracts flies.

So go figure.


NewTTer,

Are you on timetrialling forum? There are a small minority of people on there too who can't argue without resorting to abuse.

Trev.

PS. I no longer hold the opinion that time trials on dual carriageways should be banned. But I do think there should be more closed circuit or closed road events for those that prefer not to ride on dual carriageways.

No I am not on Timetrialliing forum, I went there to look, and your presence and the nonsense I have read written by you put me off registering, and then to find you have come to poison BR, I am very alarmed.
Most radicals like yourself tend to attract abuse Trev, thats because you cannot see any any other way, other than your own, and you always want to force your minority views on the majority (a sickness of this country the noisy minority). Ergo out of frustration abuse normally ensues, however if you think my tame remarks are abuse , boy have you got a shock coming should someone really gets going on you
Last edited by NewTTer on Mon Oct 29, 2012 18:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Trev The Rev » Mon Oct 29, 2012 16:50 pm

NewTTer wrote:
Trev The Rev wrote:
NewTTer wrote:I am sure with your very warped and bigotted viewpoints you must be used to abuse, you attitudes and the way you try to force your strange ways onto others is bound to attract abuse, in the same way as a turd attracts flies.

So go figure.


NewTTer,

Are you on timetrialling forum? There are a small minority of people on there too who can't argue without resorting to abuse.

Trev.

PS. I no longer hold the opinion that time trials on dual carriageways should be banned. But I do think there should be more closed circuit or closed road events for those that prefer not to ride on dual carriageways.

No I am not on Timetrialliing forum, I went there to look, and your presence and the nonsense I have read written by you put me off registering, and then to find you have come to poison BR, I am very alarmed.
Most radicals like yourself tend to attract abuse Trev, thats because you cannot see any any other way, other than your own, and you always want to force your minority views on the majority (a sickness of this country the noisy minority). Ergo out of frustration abuse noramlly ensues, however if you think my tame remarks are abuse , boy have you got a shock coming should someone really get going on you


Trev The Rev was an online fictional character. His posts were intended to be amusing, satirical, or wind ups. Sorry so many of you did not find him funny.


Trev The Rev did not really want time trialling banned - it was a joke. A deliberate wind up. Sorry.

I wish good luck in the future to everyone on bikeradar forum and may you all set PBs and increase your functional threshold power next season.

Trev The Rev was killed earlier this morning when out testing a new TT bike & power meter on a dual carriageway. Whilst trying to consume a gel, his tri bars slipped and he swerved into the path of a fast overtaking HGV and was killed instantly despite his wearing an aero helmet.


I realise the timing of my retirement will lead to speculation given what is currently going on in the sport but I can walk away with my head held high knowing I have done nothing wrong.

Trev.

User avatar
Rushmore
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 16:45 pm

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Rushmore » Mon Oct 29, 2012 19:53 pm

Trev The Rev wrote:
NewTTer wrote:
Trev The Rev wrote:
NewTTer wrote:I am sure with your very warped and bigotted viewpoints you must be used to abuse, you attitudes and the way you try to force your strange ways onto others is bound to attract abuse, in the same way as a turd attracts flies.

So go figure.


NewTTer,

Are you on timetrialling forum? There are a small minority of people on there too who can't argue without resorting to abuse.

Trev.

PS. I no longer hold the opinion that time trials on dual carriageways should be banned. But I do think there should be more closed circuit or closed road events for those that prefer not to ride on dual carriageways.

No I am not on Timetrialliing forum, I went there to look, and your presence and the nonsense I have read written by you put me off registering, and then to find you have come to poison BR, I am very alarmed.
Most radicals like yourself tend to attract abuse Trev, thats because you cannot see any any other way, other than your own, and you always want to force your minority views on the majority (a sickness of this country the noisy minority). Ergo out of frustration abuse noramlly ensues, however if you think my tame remarks are abuse , boy have you got a shock coming should someone really get going on you


Trev The Rev was an online fictional character. His posts were intended to be amusing, satirical, or wind ups. Sorry so many of you did not find him funny.


Trev The Rev did not really want time trialling banned - it was a joke. A deliberate wind up. Sorry.

I wish good luck in the future to everyone on bikeradar forum and may you all set PBs and increase your functional threshold power next season.

Trev The Rev was killed earlier this morning when out testing a new TT bike & power meter on a dual carriageway. Whilst trying to consume a gel, his tri bars slipped and he swerved into the path of a fast overtaking HGV and was killed instantly despite his wearing an aero helmet.


I realise the timing of my retirement will lead to speculation given what is currently going on in the sport but I can walk away with my head held high knowing I have done nothing wrong.

Trev.


You sir.... are a c0ck...
Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
De Rosa R838

mattshrops
Posts: 1150
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 22:18 pm

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby mattshrops » Tue Oct 30, 2012 13:28 pm

Trev The Rev wrote:
NewTTer wrote:
Trev The Rev wrote:
NewTTer wrote:I am sure with your very warped and bigotted viewpoints you must be used to abuse, you attitudes and the way you try to force your strange ways onto others is bound to attract abuse, in the same way as a turd attracts flies.

So go figure.


NewTTer,

Are you on timetrialling forum? There are a small minority of people on there too who can't argue without resorting to abuse.

Trev.

PS. I no longer hold the opinion that time trials on dual carriageways should be banned. But I do think there should be more closed circuit or closed road events for those that prefer not to ride on dual carriageways.

No I am not on Timetrialliing forum, I went there to look, and your presence and the nonsense I have read written by you put me off registering, and then to find you have come to poison BR, I am very alarmed.
Most radicals like yourself tend to attract abuse Trev, thats because you cannot see any any other way, other than your own, and you always want to force your minority views on the majority (a sickness of this country the noisy minority). Ergo out of frustration abuse noramlly ensues, however if you think my tame remarks are abuse , boy have you got a shock coming should someone really get going on you


Trev The Rev was an online fictional character. His posts were intended to be amusing, satirical, or wind ups. Sorry so many of you did not find him funny.


Trev The Rev did not really want time trialling banned - it was a joke. A deliberate wind up. Sorry.

I wish good luck in the future to everyone on bikeradar forum and may you all set PBs and increase your functional threshold power next season.

Trev The Rev was killed earlier this morning when out testing a new TT bike & power meter on a dual carriageway. Whilst trying to consume a gel, his tri bars slipped and he swerved into the path of a fast overtaking HGV and was killed instantly despite his wearing an aero helmet.


I realise the timing of my retirement will lead to speculation given what is currently going on in the sport but I can walk away with my head held high knowing I have done nothing wrong.

Trev.



Well done trev that was f@cking hilarious.How we all laughed.

Please can you go back to the tt forum now.
Death or Glory- Just another Story

Neil Buckley
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 14:37 pm

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Neil Buckley » Tue Oct 30, 2012 13:38 pm

You sick bastard. Dont go back to the TT Forum please.
Helmand Province is such a nice place.....

Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Trev The Rev » Thu Nov 01, 2012 09:06 am

Neil Buckley wrote:You sick bastard. Dont go back to the TT Forum please.


I'm on there but Molteni Mike has not sussed the identities yet.

Troll69
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 18:35 pm

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Troll69 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 20:08 pm

Hey Trevvy dude !

Great to see you're pissing everyone off here as well ... did they kick you off the CTC forum as well ?

Glad to see you didn't take up my mate's offer of a one way ticket to Switzerland

Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Trev The Rev » Fri Nov 02, 2012 09:08 am

Troll69 wrote:Hey Trevvy dude !

Great to see you're pissing everyone off here as well ... did they kick you off the CTC forum as well ?

Glad to see you didn't take up my mate's offer of a one way ticket to Switzerland




The police are investigating Trev The Rev's death, the HGV driver claims he swerved out into the his path deliberately and another motorist has also said he had to take emergency action to miss him earlier that morning on the same dual carriageway.

NewTTer
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby NewTTer » Sat Nov 03, 2012 06:58 am

You are a warped individual, not something we didnt already know from the nonsense you post. I cant wait to meet you which wont be to long, be interesting to have a face to face dicussion and listen to you trying to justify your moronic behaviour

Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Trev The Rev » Mon Nov 05, 2012 08:52 am

NewTTer wrote:You are a warped individual, not something we didnt already know from the nonsense you post. I cant wait to meet you which wont be to long, be interesting to have a face to face dicussion and listen to you trying to justify your moronic behaviour




I doubt you will ever meet a fictional character let alone a dead one.

User avatar
sub55
Posts: 1007
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 17:11 pm

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby sub55 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 18:59 pm

Trev The Rev wrote:
NewTTer wrote:You are a warped individual, not something we didnt already know from the nonsense you post. I cant wait to meet you which wont be to long, be interesting to have a face to face dicussion and listen to you trying to justify your moronic behaviour




I doubt you will ever meet a fictional character let alone a dead one.


There can't be many dead ex cyclist's that can type
constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly

Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Trev The Rev » Tue Nov 06, 2012 08:40 am

sub55 wrote:
Trev The Rev wrote:
NewTTer wrote:You are a warped individual, not something we didnt already know from the nonsense you post. I cant wait to meet you which wont be to long, be interesting to have a face to face dicussion and listen to you trying to justify your moronic behaviour




I doubt you will ever meet a fictional character let alone a dead one.


There can't be many dead ex cyclist's that can type


The Mods won't allow me to change the name, or have not replied to my emails anyway, and I can't re join from this computer in a different name so I'm lumbered.............

Trev

NewTTer
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby NewTTer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Trev The Rev wrote:
sub55 wrote:
Trev The Rev wrote:
NewTTer wrote:You are a warped individual, not something we didnt already know from the nonsense you post. I cant wait to meet you which wont be to long, be interesting to have a face to face dicussion and listen to you trying to justify your moronic behaviour




I doubt you will ever meet a fictional character let alone a dead one.


There can't be many dead ex cyclist's that can type


The Mods won't allow me to change the name, or have not replied to my emails anyway, and I can't re join from this computer in a different name so I'm lumbered.............

Trev

No you are not lumbered, JUST GO AWAY and stop being a nuisance
Last edited by NewTTer on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Trev The Rev » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 am

Some info from Cycling Time Trials

"The accidents statistics for this year reveal a fairly average year. 69 accidents reported in total.
Unfortunately there were two fatalities, both were due riders being hit from behind by vehicles.

A third of accidents involved moving vehicles. The vast majority of accidents did not result in serious injury to the rider.

50% of accidents were due to riders falling off on wet or rough surfaces or losing control of their bike (racing accidents)."

NewTTer
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby NewTTer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:46 pm

And there are over 100 general fatalities for 2012 to date;

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/cy ... 313260.ece

quick quick lets ban all cycling

You really are a piece of work, get some therapy for your own sake

Tom Butcher
Posts: 7046
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 22:07 pm

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Tom Butcher » Wed Nov 07, 2012 15:24 pm

Some of the reactions to the Rev's posts are more worthy of banning than the Rev himself.
------------------------
it's a hard life if you don't weaken.

NewTTer
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby NewTTer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 16:59 pm

Tom Butcher wrote:Some of the reactions to the Rev's posts are more worthy of banning than the Rev himself.

If this is worthy of a response I know not what it is, clearly the Rev with another name.
Tom I Suggest you read his posts with something approaching some understanding, then you will comprehend the irony in the response.

kev the rev
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 00:04 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby kev the rev » Wed Nov 21, 2012 00:29 am

no...time trials are not safe. - like others have said, just watch what happens...stand at one of the roundabout turns on any tt event, club or open, and observe the dynamics, partic if you've done it yourself..... factor in the sense of adrenaline fuelled racing invincibility which often impairs rider judgement,... then factor in the hgv driver (or sunday, garden-centre fundamentalist).... and 'tis not pretty or comfortable to watch. (all happens within a very short, 1,2, or 3 sec time frame?)

i want it to be better than this, believe me, (and i don't know what the alternative is,) in the past i have waved and encouraged riders through blind junctions, but no more....just watch and have the mobile ready.

i will be at it again next year,...fitness/health permitting, but have a different attitude to it, now regarding it as on the same level as high risk pursuits, everest, trans-arctic type engagements....i could die doing this.... and i know it. - but like the majority , in some sort of denial, i love it and i need to do it.

Trev The Rev
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 09:10 am

Re: Are Time Trials Safe?

Postby Trev The Rev » Thu Nov 22, 2012 16:53 pm

kev the rev wrote:no...time trials are not safe. - like others have said, just watch what happens...stand at one of the roundabout turns on any tt event, club or open, and observe the dynamics, partic if you've done it yourself..... factor in the sense of adrenaline fuelled racing invincibility which often impairs rider judgement,... then factor in the hgv driver (or sunday, garden-centre fundamentalist).... and 'tis not pretty or comfortable to watch. (all happens within a very short, 1,2, or 3 sec time frame?)

i want it to be better than this, believe me, (and i don't know what the alternative is,) in the past i have waved and encouraged riders through blind junctions, but no more....just watch and have the mobile ready.

i will be at it again next year,...fitness/health permitting, but have a different attitude to it, now regarding it as on the same level as high risk pursuits, everest, trans-arctic type engagements....i could die doing this.... and i know it. - but like the majority , in some sort of denial, i love it and i need to do it.


Kev,

Great post. Please pass on my best regards to all those on timetrialling forum - even the ones who wanted me banned. I only started this thread to wind them up.

Trev.


Return to “Amateur Race”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests