Who'd have thought it

New to Cycling? Want some advice? Start here...
Frank the tank
Posts: 6606
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 21:22 pm

Who'd have thought it

Postby Frank the tank » Fri Nov 02, 2012 23:07 pm

Soreen................................in the same mould as Marmite as in ya either lovr it or loathe it.


Yum,yum,yum! it makes me look like super Tommy Voeckler. :D :lol:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Insideinfo
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby Insideinfo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 20:18 pm

:shock:

User avatar
ALIHISGREAT
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 15:43 pm

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby ALIHISGREAT » Sat Nov 03, 2012 22:50 pm

Frank the tank wrote:Soreen................................in the same mould as Marmite as in ya either lovr it or loathe it.


Yum,yum,yum! it makes me look like super Tommy Voeckler. :D :lol:


I almost killed a man when they stopped stocking the sliced stuff at my local tescos.

Imagine the indignation of having to slice it yourself.

I blame wiggle.

Stuuu
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:34 am

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby Stuuu » Sat Nov 03, 2012 23:48 pm

Sliced Soreen is the best thing since sliced bread!

User avatar
MattC59
Posts: 5591
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 09:13 am

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby MattC59 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 23:48 pm

ALIHISGREAT wrote:
Frank the tank wrote:Soreen................................in the same mould as Marmite as in ya either lovr it or loathe it.


Yum,yum,yum! it makes me look like super Tommy Voeckler. :D :lol:


I almost killed a man when they stopped stocking the sliced stuff at my local tescos.

Imagine the indignation of having to slice it yourself.

I blame wiggle.


Sliced ?!?! FFS !
You heathen !

It dries out too much. Buy the blocks, cut it 1/2" thick and spread butter on it.
Oh.... And send me the crusts !
:D
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

User avatar
ALIHISGREAT
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 15:43 pm

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby ALIHISGREAT » Sat Nov 03, 2012 23:53 pm

MattC59 wrote:
ALIHISGREAT wrote:
Frank the tank wrote:Soreen................................in the same mould as Marmite as in ya either lovr it or loathe it.


Yum,yum,yum! it makes me look like super Tommy Voeckler. :D :lol:


I almost killed a man when they stopped stocking the sliced stuff at my local tescos.

Imagine the indignation of having to slice it yourself.

I blame wiggle.


Sliced ?!?! FFS !
You heathen !

It dries out too much. Buy the blocks, cut it 1/2" thick and spread butter on it.
Oh.... And send me the crusts !
:D



Sliced is much more handy though.. just tear off two and put in it a bag in your jersey -> perfect portion control.

(and as a student I reject cutlery due to the fact it has to be washed up at some point.. so slicing myself is a chore :wink: )

User avatar
MattC59
Posts: 5591
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 09:13 am

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby MattC59 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 23:57 pm

ALIHISGREAT wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
ALIHISGREAT wrote:
Frank the tank wrote:Soreen................................in the same mould as Marmite as in ya either lovr it or loathe it.


Yum,yum,yum! it makes me look like super Tommy Voeckler. :D :lol:


I almost killed a man when they stopped stocking the sliced stuff at my local tescos.

Imagine the indignation of having to slice it yourself.

I blame wiggle.


Sliced ?!?! FFS !
You heathen !

It dries out too much. Buy the blocks, cut it 1/2" thick and spread butter on it.
Oh.... And send me the crusts !
:D



Sliced is much more handy though.. just tear off two and put in it a bag in your jersey -> perfect portion control.

(and as a student I reject cutlery due to the fact it has to be washed up at some point.. so slicing myself is a chore :wink: )


But....... You'll find that a block of Soreen fits nicely not a jersey pocket, so you an just take a bite as and when you need one. (And there will be plenty left for 'just because') :D
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.

Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

User avatar
ALIHISGREAT
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 15:43 pm

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby ALIHISGREAT » Sun Nov 04, 2012 00:09 am

MattC59 wrote:
ALIHISGREAT wrote:
MattC59 wrote:
ALIHISGREAT wrote:
Frank the tank wrote:Soreen................................in the same mould as Marmite as in ya either lovr it or loathe it.


Yum,yum,yum! it makes me look like super Tommy Voeckler. :D :lol:


I almost killed a man when they stopped stocking the sliced stuff at my local tescos.

Imagine the indignation of having to slice it yourself.

I blame wiggle.


Sliced ?!?! FFS !
You heathen !

It dries out too much. Buy the blocks, cut it 1/2" thick and spread butter on it.
Oh.... And send me the crusts !
:D



Sliced is much more handy though.. just tear off two and put in it a bag in your jersey -> perfect portion control.

(and as a student I reject cutlery due to the fact it has to be washed up at some point.. so slicing myself is a chore :wink: )


But....... You'll find that a block of Soreen fits nicely not a jersey pocket, so you an just take a bite as and when you need one. (And there will be plenty left for 'just because') :D



haha 'just because' is the reason I'm not a racing snake yet.

User avatar
Bobbinogs
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 19:52 pm

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby Bobbinogs » Sun Nov 04, 2012 07:27 am

The GO bars make a nice change from flapjacks when on the bike, not as nice as the maltloaf though.

User avatar
lotus49
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby lotus49 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 16:30 pm

Bah, sliced indeed.

I didn't even know there was such a thing. What is the world coming to? The world's going to hell in a hand cart. I'm going to write to the Telegraph etc etc...

GSVBagpuss
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 16:52 pm

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby GSVBagpuss » Tue Nov 06, 2012 14:10 pm

Come now, Soreen is sooooo last year. Banana soreen is where it is at.

User avatar
marcusjb
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 19:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Who'd have thought it

Postby marcusjb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 16:28 pm

GSVBagpuss wrote:Come now, Soreen is sooooo last year. Banana soreen is where it is at.


An abomination!

A mate on a ride handed me a piece and just said "do you want some soreen?". I was most perturbed when I tasted banana (as I flipping well hate bananas (I know I can not possibly ever be a proper cyclist now I have admitted this!)). Had to make my excuses and drop in behind him to remove from my mouth and dispose of it.

I like the pre-buttered 2 slice packs (though they are pricey) - they are a great little snack to hit a couple of times in the day.


Return to “Road Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest