Probikekit - a company to avoid - returns lost in post

New to Cycling? Want some advice? Start here...
Thebigbee

Probikekit - a company to avoid - returns lost in post

Postby Thebigbee » Thu Nov 08, 2012 00:54 am

Just to inform people that I have had terrible "service" from this company. They give you a huge form to fill out with returns - which I followed to a tee. Saved them money by not sending recorded - as stated in their RMA.

Allegedly the item has not been received - even though sent 1st class on the 2nd - 6 days ago.

Funnily enough I sent a return back to CRC via their FREE returns a day after - and was refunded on Tuesday!

Of course - RM may have stolen this item. Doubt it as send 30+ items a month and haven't had one "disappear" in 6 months.

Probikekit - a bunch of thieves IMO. £32.70 down the drain.

Avoid at all costs.

Will happily revise / delete if I get my money back or even a response... Which I doubt is gonna happen as they responded asking me for "tracking details" - FFS - tried saving this company money as not included in their ridiculous RMA forms. Absolutely livid. A company to AVOID at all costs IMO.

Any problem - you will be fobbed off and told lies. Utter C Units!!!

Jokers

Thebigbee

Re: Probikekit - a company to avoid - returns lost in post

Postby Thebigbee » Thu Nov 08, 2012 01:22 am

Never had an issue with Wiggle or CRC - Probike kit - hmm - strangely my package has disappeared.

Bunch of thieves. Stick with Wiggle and CRC - they aren't thieves like PBK!!!

TakeTurns

Postby TakeTurns » Thu Nov 08, 2012 01:44 am

I doubt they'd intentionally steal £32.70. They're a well established business and it's merely peanuts to them. Why would they take the chance to damage their reputation for a small sum. Maybe they lost it after having received it or it was lost by RM. These things happen, which is why you need to use recorded. Haven't returned anything through them before, I do however like Wiggle's free returns service.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Thu Nov 08, 2012 04:58 am

Why are PBK to blame for RM or any courier companies inability to deliver?

I'm firin' up the popcorn machine. This is gonna be a good one

nochekmate

Postby nochekmate » Thu Nov 08, 2012 06:03 am

thebigbee comes back with a bang!

It's one thing to be unhappy about a company's customer service but you need to be careful about some of your accusations on a public forum.

colsoop

Postby colsoop » Thu Nov 08, 2012 07:45 am

I would delete your 5th paragraph bud, it may get you in a spot of bother.

As for not sending back recorded delivery for the sake of £1 is it worth not having the proof it was sent and potentially losing a whole chunk more money because of that.

If you see it from their side it could be so easily abused if they went on the word of every customer and just blindly refunded even if they hadn't received back an item.

ALIHISGREAT

Postby ALIHISGREAT » Thu Nov 08, 2012 08:17 am

I blame Wiggle

Mark Elvin

Postby Mark Elvin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 08:18 am

My 1st question is - did you send it recorded?
2012 Cannondale Synapse

Wacky Racer

Postby Wacky Racer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 08:20 am

Always worth sending goods back on a "to be signed for" basis. That way you can track a delivery and have some peace of mind for very little money.

6 days doesn't mean it won't turn up, I've had stuff arrive more than 6 days after it was sent, although I do live in the sticks.

This isn't a business I've had any experience with, but I'm not sure your description is wholly accurate or fair. Your post reminds me of a text sent in haste under the influence of alcohol, regretted next morning.
Ridley Orion

giant man

Postby giant man » Thu Nov 08, 2012 09:05 am

Of course it should have been sent recorded which requires a signature, this surely is common sense. Plus the fact that it comes with insurance. Does the OP realise this might not be PBK's fault at all? Royal Mail are notoriously bad at loosing goods imo .... 6 days sent at 1st class normal doesn't sound too outrageous to me. We recently sold an item on Ebay and sent it by courier, the buyer got it over 30 days after us sending, and that is a private company, so $hit can, and does, happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finding the right saddle is the holy grail for the cyclist, good luck, it may take some time .....

MattC59

Postby MattC59 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 09:24 am

So......... You decide not to send it recorded, it gets lost in the post, and you decide, in your usual fashion, to fly off he handle and have a go at someone, in this case PBK.

Did it not occur to you that it may have got lost, and PBK haven't set out to steal £32.70 from you. :roll:

Personally, I've never had an issue with PBK, but then I return goods by recorded delivery.

Sound like your own stupid fault to me.

Ever thought of talking to someone about your anger issues ?
:roll:
Last edited by MattC59 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 09:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Grill

Postby Grill » Thu Nov 08, 2012 09:33 am

Never ha an issue with PBK. They've always been super fast with great service. Perhaps it's just that the whole world is against you...
English Cycles V3 | Scott Plasma 3 TT | BMC TrackMachine TM01 | Ritchey Road Logic | Scott CX Team

pinarellokid

Postby pinarellokid » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 am

why would not send recorded ??
or at the very least get proof of postage.
you say you are a regular sender of parcels. 30+ a month and never had one go missing..

well this is your first..

anoying i know but your own fault.

i sell many things on here and alwas send recorded or get proof of postage.

you learn the hard way to do it that way
Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211

nferrar

Postby nferrar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 am

Are you saying their returns info advises you not to send back using recorded post or that you took it upon yourself to decide it wasn't worth it? If the former then probably just about worth having a rant over it, if the latter then you want to go and stand in front of a mirror and rant at what you see for being a muppet...

crooky13

Postby crooky13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 am

From recollection - the returns policy states what PBK considers to be acceptable forms of postage for returns. It doesn't stipulate that any items sent by normal post will automatically be eligible for refund/exchange. For anything of that value, I would have paid the extra for recorded (although I appreciate this must be a frustrating experience for you!).

You could make a claim with Royal Mail but am unsure how much you would be able to claim for (think there is a relatively low cap depending on the class of postage used).

alfablue

Postby alfablue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:50 am

The RM compensation limit is 100x the 1st class stamp price so it would cover this item.

OP has absolutely no grounds for his complaint about PBK, it is his error (either that or maybe it is Wiggle's fault). OP may have libelled PBK (or maybe Bikeradar has by publishing it).

racingcondor

Postby racingcondor » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:58 pm

PBK is one of the most efficient online retailers I've come across.

Your complaint is really with Royal Mail who lost your item. I'm afraid you'll have to learn from the mistake. Always send recorded delivery for anything which is worth money.

Thebigbee

Postby Thebigbee » Thu Nov 08, 2012 13:02 pm

Just to clarify for anyone who hasn't used PBK before or for people that have. Their own RMA says to post 1st or 2nd class and get Proof of Postage.

Nowhere does it say use recorded. Which I am regretting not doing. Just find it strange that over 6 months of selling 30+ items a month on Ebay - majority not recorded - haven't had one complaint.

It could be that RM have "stolen" or mislaid this item. Have to say it is very odd that have had no response from PBK after posting this message.

Have never had problems like this with CRC, Wiggle or Evans,

Makes me wonder...

Wacky Racer

Postby Wacky Racer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 13:05 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -week.html

Read that and then think about it in relation to your particular issue!
Ridley Orion

alfablue

Postby alfablue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 13:10 pm

Thebigbee wrote:Just to clarify for anyone who hasn't used PBK before or for people that have. Their own RMA says to post 1st or 2nd class and get Proof of Postage.
So you did this? Good, so then you claim from RM.
Nowhere does it say use recorded. Which I am regretting not doing. Just find it strange that over 6 months of selling 30+ items a month on Ebay - majority not recorded - haven't had one complaint.
luck!
It could be that RM have "stolen" or mislaid this item.
Why think they have stolen it? You are paranoid mate!
Have to say it is very odd that have had no response from PBK after posting this message.
Why on earth should they respond to this thread? Now I'm convinced you're Speed King!

Have never had problems like this with CRC, Wiggle or Evans,
well you haven't had a problem with PBK either, you have had a problem with yourself, and perhaps RM.

Makes me wonder...
well try thinking instead.

Return to “Road Beginners”