The GT Hardtail- updated

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)
leezer

Re: The GT Hardtail- updated

Postby leezer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 19:33 pm

nice bikes lads, check out my gt (signature)
Building GT Zaskar Pro from Scratch!

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 8#16932288

Hairylegs66

Postby Hairylegs66 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 15:56 pm

Hi there, would you recommend 140mm forks then over the standard 120mm length forks? My mate is looking to lighten up his standard Aggressor XC2 and I was going to suggest 120mm Reba RL's which can be had for under £300 and should lighten up the bike some. The riding position is quite 'sit up and beg' on the standard set up, did you use a lower rise stem/bar combo?

Nice kit you have there!

leaflite

Postby leaflite » Wed Apr 04, 2012 16:58 pm

Thanks!
The new stem is shorter and lower rise than the original, so the front end is slightly lower(the shifters just clip the top tube when the bar is turned).
I dont know if all GT aggressors are like this, but on mine the stock suntour fork had an axle to crown length of around 500-510mm(cant remember exactly). This made the stock fork, despite only having 120mm travel, the same length as a 140mm revelation. I originaly ordered a reba, thinking along the same lines as you, but had to send it back because it was significantly shorter than the suntours and I didnt want to steepen the head angle too much. I would measure the a2c on your mates before buying though -as I said, im not sure if all aggressors have this fork, or whether mine was just a fluke.

Hairylegs66

Postby Hairylegs66 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 17:22 pm

That's really useful to know, thanks for the info - we'll get the tape measure out!!

Pesky Jones

Re:

Postby Pesky Jones » Fri Nov 09, 2012 17:27 pm

z0tty wrote:Mr Leaflite .. you still got the xc2?? not long got hold of a mint xc2 frame for my self :).. identical to yours :D. also changed forks

hows yours coming along??

heres an updated picture :)..

You went back to black :( you know what happened to amy after she did that?

JAMe19

Postby JAMe19 » Fri May 31, 2013 14:39 pm

Hey, I've got a 2009 xc2 and I've upgraded it a little but was wondering if I could swap for a better frame. It's the standard aluminium one at the moment. Is a Zaskar frame the same? Basically is there anyway to upgrade the frame from the standard one to a better quality, lighter, stronger one? Thanks

raceface gt

Postby raceface gt » Fri May 31, 2013 15:40 pm

Aggressors, are Halfords bikes?

raceface gt

Postby raceface gt » Fri May 31, 2013 15:42 pm

JAMe19 wrote:Hey, I've got a 2009 xc2 and I've upgraded it a little but was wondering if I could swap for a better frame. It's the standard aluminium one at the moment. Is a Zaskar frame the same? Basically is there anyway to upgrade the frame from the standard one to a better quality, lighter, stronger one? Thanks

Zaskar's are made from lighter material, than your stock aggressor, avalanche.

leaflite

Postby leaflite » Fri May 31, 2013 16:12 pm

raceface gt wrote:Aggressors, are Halfords bikes?

Yes, I believe the frame is identical to an earlier model of Avalanche however.

JAMe19 wrote:Hey, I've got a 2009 xc2 and I've upgraded it a little but was wondering if I could swap for a better frame. It's the standard aluminium one at the moment. Is a Zaskar frame the same? Basically is there anyway to upgrade the frame from the standard one to a better quality, lighter, stronger one? Thanks

You could upgrade to a Zaskar frame, however I would suggest looking at a On One Carbon 456 or similar, as this will be cheaper and lighter still. It will also take larger forks better.

The Rookie

Postby The Rookie » Fri May 31, 2013 18:05 pm

raceface gt wrote:Aggressors, are Halfords bikes?

Halfords sold pretty much the whole GT range, I have an i-drive comp frame with a Halfords sticker on it.

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”