Dropper Seatpost Development

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
Conor-Craig

Dropper Seatpost Development

Postby Conor-Craig » Tue Nov 13, 2012 08:02 am

Hi All!

My name is Conor Craig from MADMTB in Dublin, Ireland. I’m currently in my final year of my Mechanical Engineering Degree and as part of one of my modules I am doing a project on Dropper Seatposts. This project involves designing our own Dropper Seatpost, and then developing a business plan to manufacture, market, distribute and sell this product while developing a sustainable business.

With this in mind I am currently conducting market research into the topic of dropper seatpost. I would hugely appreciate if you all could take the time to fill in this survey, it won’t even take 5 minutes and you don’t need to own a Dropper Seatpost to complete the survey! In fact, the opinions of those who do not own a Dropper Seatpost are just a useful as those who do own them.
Your time and input is very much appreciated and I am very thankful.

Survey Link - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DIT-Dropper-Seatpost

Thanking you all in advance,

Conor Craig

RevellRider

Re: Dropper Seatpost Development

Postby RevellRider » Tue Nov 13, 2012 08:11 am

Done

Just a small improvement, limiting the style of riding choices to XC, DH and enduro really doesn't cover the whole spectrum of riding. Is the XC racing or is the XC trail centres because that will have an influence on who is going to have a dropper post

warpcow

Postby warpcow » Tue Nov 13, 2012 08:27 am

Done.

Agree with RR above. It's also hard not to let the 'ranking'-type questions be skewed by whatever post you happen to own; e.g. ease of servicing and reliability are probably going to be quite different between GD and CB owners, but maybe that's what you wanted see.

Conor-Craig

Postby Conor-Craig » Tue Nov 20, 2012 18:59 pm

Thank you all for your replies. Keep them coming!

Murphybarnes

Postby Murphybarnes » Tue Nov 20, 2012 19:03 pm

What's a dropper seat post?
Voodoo Hoodoo

Return to “MTB General”