Gent Six help

For those who like going round in circles
durhamwasp

Re: Gent Six help

Postby durhamwasp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 17:20 pm

Aye, a very Belgian feel! Wonder if there will be a presentation for Joop on the Sunday then? Shame i wont get to see Astrid either!
http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....

durhamwasp

Postby durhamwasp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 08:40 am

Is there a public cloak room in the velodrome? Guessing its gonna be roasting inside and freezation on the walk in and home... (im in the track centre, so putting jacket under chair isnt an option)
http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....

risi

Postby risi » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 am

durhamwasp wrote:Is there a public cloak room in the velodrome? Guessing its gonna be roasting inside and freezation on the walk in and home... (im in the track centre, so putting jacket under chair isnt an option)

Yes there is. Much like a nightclub cloakroom where you stand in a big queue and eventually hand over your coat in return for a ticket. Then you do the reverse when it's time to leave. I have a seat so will be using the space under it.
Also, make sure you have a stack of change for the toilets - you have to pay to use them @ 20 cents a pop if I remember rightly.
Specialized Allez
Trek 6500

durhamwasp

Postby durhamwasp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 am

cheers for that, very useful!

Paying for the bogs? weird... thanks for the tip off.

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Thu Nov 15, 2012 13:45 pm

More importantly local crooner Garry Hagger will be singing. I saw him play this "gig" a couple of years ago...what a legend!

See you all there, this is an absolutely fantastic cycle meeting and I would certainly bet on any first timers going back again. The atmosphere is fantastic

risi

Postby risi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 am

Saw him a couple to years ago too, and Eddy Wally. Looks like we are spared the singing on Saturday with the womens omnium taking up the slack time.

This will probably be my 6th time, always look forward to it. If you see someone wearing a faded version of this, say hello.
Specialized Allez

Trek 6500

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Fri Nov 16, 2012 22:47 pm

I'll be looking out for you Risi. Looking forward to a few good days...and nights.

durhamwasp

Postby durhamwasp » Mon Nov 19, 2012 20:34 pm

Detailed schedules for each day are now online, and it looks as if their is no ladies competing? If i understand it correctly their is juniors (Chris Lathem and Samuel Lowe from GB) for the first 1hr15 then its the Mens competition with presentation gaps inbetween?

risi

Postby risi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 13:44 pm

durhamwasp wrote:Detailed schedules for each day are now online, and it looks as if their is no ladies competing?

The women's omnium is still shown on the programme for Saturday. The Live section only shows the day to day regular stuff, not the 'specials' (like the Gilbert/Meersman pursuit too).

durhamwasp wrote:If i understand it correctly their is juniors (Chris Lathem and Samuel Lowe from GB) for the first 1hr15 then its the Mens competition with presentation gaps inbetween?

Yep.
Specialized Allez

Trek 6500

Return to “Track”