Lance Armstrong gets life ban,loses 7 TDF,confesses he doped

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
User avatar
No tA Doctor
Posts: 5487
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 am
Contact:

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby No tA Doctor » Wed Nov 14, 2012 16:02 pm

dennisn wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:
dennisn wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:dennis, why do you bother posting the same thing over and over again?

its repetitive, adds nothing to any exchange, and is exceedingly dull


I post "over and over" to let everyone know that, in my opinion, most of you are just angry because you got owned. Sorry about your ego's being deflated. I know how that goes, but you need to "get over it" as the saying goes. I know it's sort of dull but so is carrying a grudge, for years on end, because you got taken in by a scammer. And I will continue to remind you of this simply because you continue to carry this load of guilt about thinking you've been made a fool of.



Same old, same old. You make these sweeping assumptions and generalisations with fark all to back it up as to how 'we' feel.



So how do you feel then? And don't give me that BS about "we are simply curious". Way too much name calling, finger pointing, looking for dirt on anyone, and accusations galore for all this to be simple curiousity. No. Anger, hate, jealousy, and vengence seem to be the driving factors here.


I don't think it's actually possible to explain to you, as you don't like cycling, so you regard what goes on in it as largely irrelevant. We do, so regard the same things as quite important.

Besides which, I personally, have explained to you on several occasions how I feel about US Postal and Armstrong and you've never taken that into account in your amateur group psychoanalysis.
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

Steve Abraham's attempt at the year record

User avatar
ratsbeyfus
Posts: 2713
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby ratsbeyfus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 19:12 pm

dennisn wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:
dennisn wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:dennis, why do you bother posting the same thing over and over again?

its repetitive, adds nothing to any exchange, and is exceedingly dull


I post "over and over" to let everyone know that, in my opinion, most of you are just angry because you got owned. Sorry about your ego's being deflated. I know how that goes, but you need to "get over it" as the saying goes. I know it's sort of dull but so is carrying a grudge, for years on end, because you got taken in by a scammer. And I will continue to remind you of this simply because you continue to carry this load of guilt about thinking you've been made a fool of.



Same old, same old. You make these sweeping assumptions and generalisations with fark all to back it up as to how 'we' feel.



So how do you feel then? And don't give me that BS about "we are simply curious". Way too much name calling, finger pointing, looking for dirt on anyone, and accusations galore for all this to be simple curiousity. No. Anger, hate, jealousy, and vengence seem to be the driving factors here.


Seem a little worked up over there Dennisn. This whole LA thing really seems to be getting to you. Let it go old fella...
----------------------------------------------------------------

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey

mike6
Posts: 1198
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 19:00 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby mike6 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 19:26 pm

dennisn wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:dennis, why do you bother posting the same thing over and over again?

its repetitive, adds nothing to any exchange, and is exceedingly dull


I post "over and over" to let everyone know that, in my opinion, most of you are just angry because you got owned. Sorry about your ego's being deflated. I know how that goes, but you need to "get over it" as the saying goes. I know it's sort of dull but so is carrying a grudge, for years on end, because you got taken in by a scammer. And I will continue to remind you of this simply because you continue to carry this load of guilt about thinking you've been made a fool of.


Erm.......I did not get taken in by anyone. I never bought into the superhero, cancer survivor rubbish. I am no ones fanboy. I have opinions on Armstrong, how he did what he did and how he was allowed to get away with it, and make them.
My ego, such as it is, is very much intact, thank you.
Guilt??? About what?

User avatar
Lichtblick
Posts: 1365
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 19:35 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby Lichtblick » Wed Nov 14, 2012 20:32 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:...........Here's a surprise for you dennis...many British and Europeans didnt actually 'follow' him. Amaze, I know :roll: Over here across the water, frankly his steam-rolling dominance in the Tour was dull and monotonous - and besides, European racing has always had a lot more to offer than just the Tour, so he really didnt mean very much to many of us. When he finally retired first time, the emotion felt by most split into the one of the two camps of 'meh' and 'good riddance.'

You continually confuse British and European cycling fans with US fans, most of whom did indeed invest a great deal in the Armstrong myth.


FWIW I completely agree, RR. When he retired the first time, it was TGfor that. Good. Now someone else can have a go at winning the Tour. When he came back, it was WTF? and Why?

Also, it seems to me that the adoration which still apparently exists in the US of a SuperHero Athlete who "defied" a (brief and treated) "Terrible Disease", is near-indistinguishable from totally accepting sheep-like blind faith in Jesus.

User avatar
Mikey23
Posts: 5206
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 16:51 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby Mikey23 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 21:16 pm

Patronising and offensive ...

User avatar
Beatmaker
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:24 am

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby Beatmaker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 22:51 pm

Mikey23 wrote:Patronising and offensive ...


What is?

User avatar
mfin
Posts: 5080
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 21:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby mfin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 23:04 pm

Beatmaker wrote:
Mikey23 wrote:Patronising and offensive ...


What is?


Lance
.

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 00:24 am

Lichtblick wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:...........Here's a surprise for you dennis...many British and Europeans didnt actually 'follow' him. Amaze, I know :roll: Over here across the water, frankly his steam-rolling dominance in the Tour was dull and monotonous - and besides, European racing has always had a lot more to offer than just the Tour, so he really didnt mean very much to many of us. When he finally retired first time, the emotion felt by most split into the one of the two camps of 'meh' and 'good riddance.'

You continually confuse British and European cycling fans with US fans, most of whom did indeed invest a great deal in the Armstrong myth.


FWIW I completely agree, RR. When he retired the first time, it was TGfor that. Good. Now someone else can have a go at winning the Tour. When he came back, it was WTF? and Why?

Also, it seems to me that the adoration which still apparently exists in the US of a SuperHero Athlete who "defied" a (brief and treated) "Terrible Disease", is near-indistinguishable from totally accepting sheep-like blind faith in Jesus.


Not sure I follow you wondering why "...he came back...". This is not anything unusual in the sporting world. Plenty of athletes in all manner of pro sports retire only to find that they miss the game, so to speak, and want to give it another shot. I tend to believe that the idea of a comeback is in their minds when they say it's all over and they just need a year or two to recharge the juices.

I also don't find it all that unusual that people get "pulled in", for lack of bettter words, to almost religious like worship of sports heroes, movie stars, charismatic people of all kinds, and, so called, heroes in general. Happens all over the world.
I would venture a guess and say that when "heroes" are involved people either don't want to or can't bring themselves to accept anything negative about the object of their passion. I have my heroes and pretty much would not look with favor upon anyone denouncing them in any way.

User avatar
Dave_1
Posts: 9319
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 16:04 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby Dave_1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 00:26 am

I see Lance has made a smart move and applied for the renaming of livestrong as something different. Drop the yellow colour and name is good business sense..maybe they can survive?

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports

User avatar
OCDuPalais
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 23:10 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby OCDuPalais » Thu Nov 15, 2012 04:35 am

Image

Dennis!

User avatar
Yellow Peril
Posts: 4401
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 08:41 am

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby Yellow Peril » Thu Nov 15, 2012 07:07 am

Dave_1 wrote:I see Lance has made a smart move and applied for the renaming of livestrong as something different. Drop the yellow colour and name is good business sense..maybe they can survive?

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports


Looks like it will be called the Livestrong Foundation. Do you think that will be enough to distance it from Lance? Would it not be better to wind it up and distribute the assets to other cancer charities? Having said that I expect there are people in the charity doing very nicely out of it who will be safeguarding their position. If I'm right it doesn't actually distribute that much in the way of money top cancer victims does it?

The_Special_One
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 19:08 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby The_Special_One » Thu Nov 15, 2012 09:17 am

Yellow Peril wrote:
Dave_1 wrote:I see Lance has made a smart move and applied for the renaming of livestrong as something different. Drop the yellow colour and name is good business sense..maybe they can survive?

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports


Looks like it will be called the Livestrong Foundation. Do you think that will be enough to distance it from Lance? Would it not be better to wind it up and distribute the assets to other cancer charities? Having said that I expect there are people in the charity doing very nicely out of it who will be safeguarding their position. If I'm right it doesn't actually distribute that much in the way of money top cancer victims does it?


I'm under the impression that livestrong uses most of its cash towards cancer awareness programs and not cancer research.

User avatar
andi1363
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby andi1363 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 am

The_Special_One wrote:
Yellow Peril wrote:
Dave_1 wrote:I see Lance has made a smart move and applied for the renaming of livestrong as something different. Drop the yellow colour and name is good business sense..maybe they can survive?

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports


Looks like it will be called the Livestrong Foundation. Do you think that will be enough to distance it from Lance? Would it not be better to wind it up and distribute the assets to other cancer charities? Having said that I expect there are people in the charity doing very nicely out of it who will be safeguarding their position. If I'm right it doesn't actually distribute that much in the way of money top cancer victims does it?


I'm under the impression that livestrong uses most of its cash towards cancer awareness programs and not cancer research.


Yes because those that are unaware suffer so much more than those affected by cancer. Wonder how much finacial aid the unaware receive? I will remind my parter(cancer patient btw) how lucky she is to be aware.

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 pm

OCDuPalais wrote:Image

Dennis!


Good dog good dog

nathancom
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 19:13 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby nathancom » Thu Nov 15, 2012 13:53 pm

should be put down

User avatar
ratsbeyfus
Posts: 2713
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby ratsbeyfus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 14:43 pm

You can't put a good dog down.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey

andrewjoseph
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:56 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby andrewjoseph » Thu Nov 15, 2012 14:57 pm

Peeps,

We need to admit our collective guilt, we need to admit we were taken in by the lance story, we need to wash away our sins before we can think about having an opinion on cycling related matters.

Because, Dennis will know. He sees into our very hearts and the deep black chasms of our minds, and he KNOWS!

You may kid yourself that you have no blame, that you are stain free, but you can't fool the all knowing Dennis.

I'm sorry Dennis, you were right. I still worship lance, I hate myself for it, but I want to have his babies.

Can you ever forgive me?
--
Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17396
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby ddraver » Thu Nov 15, 2012 14:58 pm

So do we think dennis is a good dog or a poor, old, tired mutt that's had a great run but can't walk and sh1t's itself frequently..?
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 15:03 pm

andrewjoseph wrote:Peeps,

We need to admit our collective guilt, we need to admit we were taken in by the lance story, we need to wash away our sins before we can think about having an opinion on cycling related matters.

Because, Dennis will know. He sees into our very hearts and the deep black chasms of our minds, and he KNOWS!

You may kid yourself that you have no blame, that you are stain free, but you can't fool the all knowing Dennis.

I'm sorry Dennis, you were right. I still worship lance, I hate myself for it, but I want to have his babies.

Can you ever forgive me?


Glad that you have finally saw the light.

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 15:07 pm

ddraver wrote:So do we think dennis is a good dog or a poor, old, tired mutt that's had a great run but can't walk and sh1t's itself frequently..?


Anyone who has ever had a dog has had both types AND in the same dog. In the end though, no matter the condition of said dog it's still a good dog.


Return to “Pro Race”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DeVlaeminck and 11 guests