Lance Armstrong gets life ban,loses 7 TDF,confesses he doped

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
nathancom

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby nathancom » Thu Nov 15, 2012 17:33 pm

And my sh1t comes out wearing a yellow jersey telling me to believe in miracles.

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 18:05 pm

nathancom wrote:And my sh1t comes out wearing a yellow jersey telling me to believe in miracles.

I understand what you're saying. What I don't follow is why listen to people like LA?
Someone(like LA or even me) is always going to be out there trying to get your attention and support for whatever they are doing. You must decide who to believe or not believe. If you find that you've listened to and believed in the wrong ideas or activities then it's time to cut your losses and move on.

nathancom

Postby nathancom » Thu Nov 15, 2012 18:28 pm

dennisn wrote:
nathancom wrote:And my sh1t comes out wearing a yellow jersey telling me to believe in miracles.

I understand what you're saying. What I don't follow is why listen to people like LA?
Someone(like LA or even me) is always going to be out there trying to get your attention and support for whatever they are doing. You must decide who to believe or not believe. If you find that you've listened to and believed in the wrong ideas or activities then it's time to cut your losses and move on.

Ok, thanks for the advice pops.

sherer

Postby sherer » Thu Nov 15, 2012 18:45 pm

so the commercial side of Livestrong still lives on and I assume LA hasn't removed any ties from there yet

mike6

Postby mike6 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 19:13 pm

I have been told the only way to get rid of a troll is to ignore them. Sound advice I think.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Thu Nov 15, 2012 20:07 pm

dennisn wrote:
ddraver wrote:So do we think dennis is a good dog or a poor, old, tired mutt that's had a great run but can't walk and sh1t's itself frequently..?

Anyone who has ever had a dog has had both types AND in the same dog. In the end though, no matter the condition of said dog it's still a good dog.

Yes but there comes a time when you have to spot the suffering and shut the thread...derm...I mean put it down!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 20:26 pm

ddraver wrote:
dennisn wrote:
ddraver wrote:So do we think dennis is a good dog or a poor, old, tired mutt that's had a great run but can't walk and sh1t's itself frequently..?

Anyone who has ever had a dog has had both types AND in the same dog. In the end though, no matter the condition of said dog it's still a good dog.

Yes but there comes a time when you have to spot the suffering and shut the thread...derm...I mean put it down!

I've had bunches of dogs that were my best friends. When the end comes though there isn't a much worse feeling than having to watch them go.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Thu Nov 15, 2012 20:54 pm

I dunno....Whoosh or fox news fact twist?
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 20:58 pm

Yellow Peril wrote:
Dave_1 wrote:I see Lance has made a smart move and applied for the renaming of livestrong as something different. Drop the yellow colour and name is good business sense..maybe they can survive?

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports

Looks like it will be called the Livestrong Foundation. Do you think that will be enough to distance it from Lance?

Well, for what it's worth it was a good name at one time. Now? I think not so much. Way too attached to LA and, at least here in the States, I'm thinking that's gonna hurt.
Used to see all manner of people wearing yellow wristbands. Now? Not so much. It's weird. Seems like none of the cyclists that I know think much about the whole affair one way or another. It's not the big topic of conversation, over here, that you might think. Sort of like everyone is saying "yeah, he sure f*cked up. Wanna go riding tommorrow?" Over here, it doesn't appear to be of the same "crime status", for lack of better words, as it does over there. Maybe the feeling is that he will never again have what he once had and he most likely will be hounded by the authorities, attorneys, and the press, all looking for any hint of bad news. He could even see jail time. People know he's gonna have a very sucky time of it to say the least and maybe that's all that
they need.

jerry3571

Postby jerry3571 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 20:27 pm

Sorry but this has to be seen. Marvellous aint it! :D

Jerry

PS- I still wear my wristband. Think wearing it has something to do with Cancer.

jerry3571

Postby jerry3571 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 22:30 pm

A mate of mine has had her delivery of some new Spinning Bikes. I think there's about a dozen of these shiny new bikes; nice huh??
Jerry

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Fri Nov 16, 2012 22:42 pm

dennisn wrote:
Yellow Peril wrote:
Dave_1 wrote:I see Lance has made a smart move and applied for the renaming of livestrong as something different. Drop the yellow colour and name is good business sense..maybe they can survive?

Looks like it will be called the Livestrong Foundation. Do you think that will be enough to distance it from Lance?

Well, for what it's worth it was a good name at one time. Now? I think not so much. Way too attached to LA and, at least here in the States, I'm thinking that's gonna hurt.
Used to see all manner of people wearing yellow wristbands. Now? Not so much. It's weird. Seems like none of the cyclists that I know think much about the whole affair one way or another. It's not the big topic of conversation, over here, that you might think. Sort of like everyone is saying "yeah, he sure f*cked up. Wanna go riding tommorrow?" Over here, it doesn't appear to be of the same "crime status", for lack of better words, as it does over there. Maybe the feeling is that he will never again have what he once had and he most likely will be hounded by the authorities, attorneys, and the press, all looking for any hint of bad news. He could even see jail time. People know he's gonna have a very sucky time of it to say the least and maybe that's all that
they need.

TBH I think that is pretty much the opinion over here. Most of the guys I know who are committed cyclists don't think that long and hard about it and are more interested in just riding. It's only committed forumites (myself included) who have wondered over the last few years if the whole Armstrong charade would unravel. I'm off to Gent for the 6 day next week with 5 other committed cyclists. We'll talk a lot about cycling but I doubt Lance will get that much of a mention...beer will though.

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Sat Nov 17, 2012 00:07 am

Yellow Peril wrote:
dennisn wrote:
Yellow Peril wrote:

they need.

TBH I think that is pretty much the opinion over here. Most of the guys I know who are committed cyclists don't think that long and hard about it and are more interested in just riding. It's only committed forumites (myself included) who have wondered over the last few years if the whole Armstrong charade would unravel. I'm off to Gent for the 6 day next week with 5 other committed cyclists. We'll talk a lot about cycling but I doubt Lance will get that much of a mention...beer will though.

Ahhh yes, beer. A much more worthwhile subject. Enjoy yourself.

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 16:19 pm

Like I say, if you're a cycling fan it doesn't mean you ride a bike.

How many of those people you see with beer and a fag screeching at the Ronde even own a bike...
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Sat Nov 17, 2012 17:13 pm

jerry3571 wrote:A mate of mine has had her delivery of some new Spinning Bikes. I think there's about a dozen of these shiny new bikes; nice huh??
Jerry

Ya know, for all the hype and advertising that goes on around all those kinds of trainers I'm not really sure they would be any LESS boring than an hour on my old bike that's slapped on a cheapo fluid trainer, down in the basement. I could be wrong though. In any case, that Livestrong thing sure looks like a well put together spinner. I really get a kick out of the ad's for the TDF trainer. Corny as hell. "Just like riding the tour...". Ya, right.

kfinlay

Postby kfinlay » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:55 am

jerry3571 wrote:A mate of mine has had her delivery of some new Spinning Bikes. I think there's about a dozen of these shiny new bikes; nice huh??
Jerry

Hope he got them at a good price as he could always remove the stickers :wink:
They have there uses but I'd rather get out on my bike or if I must stay indoors then use one of my own bikes on a turbo trainer.
Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago EPS
Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum

deejay

Postby deejay » Sun Nov 18, 2012 13:10 pm

iainf72 wrote:Like I say, if you're a cycling fan it doesn't mean you ride a bike.

How many of those people you see with beer and a fag screeching at the Ronde even own a bike...
If your on the continent on a summers evening or weekend you will see many Beer Bellies out with their wives or family.
They on their old racing bikes (like me) and her on a sit up and beg or (as they call them these days) mountain bikes. :roll:

Mikey23

Postby Mikey23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 20:33 pm

Omg ... Nearly slipped off the front page

jerry3571

Postby jerry3571 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 07:48 am

As well as having top US Politicians in the bag it seems the French President was "in" on being freindly towards Armstrong. Not sure what I mean by freindly. Hmmm...?? This is bigger than anything I thought. Thought Hein Verbruggen was as far as it went. Bonkers!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bordry- ... or-my-head

Vino'sGhost

Postby Vino'sGhost » Tue Nov 20, 2012 08:10 am

Its the gift that keeps on giving, this story. Id forgotten half these little tit bits.

Return to “Pro Race”