"Change Cycling Now"

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
iainf72

Re: "Change Cycling Now"

Postby iainf72 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 19:29 pm

Having read their manifesto, I sure hope the Fuller guy hasn't sunk too much money into this.

Kenny is spot on - Having an anonymous twitter person in their midst meant they became irrelevant from the outset.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

LangerDan

Postby LangerDan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 19:56 pm

As long as there is a ready supply of people to believe in his magic socks, Fuller won't go broke. Perhaps they can have a line of "CCN-Strong" compression products?
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Gazzetta67

Postby Gazzetta67 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 20:47 pm

Is there any video footage of the change cycling now press conference ??

inkyfingers

Postby inkyfingers » Mon Dec 03, 2012 21:30 pm

According to the ticker on their website, today there are fewer people "believe in cycling and want a change today" than there were yesterday.

Either that or the counter is broken.
"I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)

jerry3571

Postby jerry3571 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 22:14 pm

Just thought this might have already been said but...how the hell are they going to have a clean sport when dope tests are so many years behind the drugs which are being used by riders?
It's a bit like catching a criminal before the crime; not possible. Dodgy Drug Companies will always be one step ahead of the Testers. Simples!

Jerry

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Mon Dec 03, 2012 22:30 pm

jerry3571 wrote:Just thought this might have already been said but...how the hell are they going to have a clean sport when dope tests are so many years behind the drugs which are being used by riders?
It's a bit like catching a criminal before the crime; not possible. Dodgy Drug Companies will always be one step ahead of the Testers. Simples!

Jerry

Make it criminal and get interpol involved.

Most of the big busts in recent times have come from police action. Festina, Puerto. Even Armstrong stuff was precipitated originally by FBI involvement. Millar'd never been caught unless there were police.

No tA Doctor

Postby No tA Doctor » Mon Dec 03, 2012 22:38 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:
jerry3571 wrote:Just thought this might have already been said but...how the hell are they going to have a clean sport when dope tests are so many years behind the drugs which are being used by riders?

Jerry

It's probably criminal already. Interpol probably have more pressing priorities than nabbing a few cyclists with some artificial blood and a bottle of designer hormones though.

Testing should be about watching the physiological parameters that riders are trying to change, rather than trying to find the specific agent they change them with - that's what the passport is about. It may well soon be possible to implement other varieties of passport.

Meanwhile, the only real way to clean up cycling is to ensure a change in culture so that cyclists a) don't want to dope, b) aren't around a lot of people that can help them dope and c) don't think doping is what everyone else is doing, just the norm.
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

Steve Abraham's attempt at the year record

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Mon Dec 03, 2012 22:43 pm

No tA Doctor wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:

Jerry

It's probably criminal already. Interpol probably have more pressing priorities than nabbing a few cyclists with some artificial blood and a bottle of designer hormones though.

Testing should be about watching the physiological parameters that riders are trying to change, rather than trying to find the specific agent they change them with - that's what the passport is about. It may well soon be possible to implement other varieties of passport.

Meanwhile, the only real way to clean up cycling is to ensure a change in culture so that cyclists a) don't want to dope, b) aren't around a lot of people that can help them dope and c) don't think doping is what everyone else is doing, just the norm.

Interpol should have an interest in illegally supplied drugs.

We've even heard of the mafia in italy getting involved on EPO supply, for example.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Hold up, fellas, Tinki says everythings fine and its all just an exaggeration
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tinkov- ... xaggerated

Though my fave Tinki quote has got to be: ' I can't even remember the names of whoever Argos-Shimano have in their squad'

:)

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:52 pm

and the UCI have posted this today:

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDe ... Id=MTUyMTQ

- globalisation
- anti-doping
- riders
- sports calendar

Giving a deadline of next Monday for people they've contacted to send in their comments, is a bit bleeding rich, considering.

Beatmaker

Postby Beatmaker » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:01 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:Hold up, fellas, Tinki says everythings fine and its all just an exaggeration

Though my fave Tinki quote has got to be: ' I can't even remember the names of whoever Argos-Shimano have in their squad'

I think we should ballot for Oleg to stand against Greg Lemond for the UCI presidency. Can you imagine the reaction from the Twitter Taliban.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:07 pm

Beatmaker wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:Hold up, fellas, Tinki says everythings fine and its all just an exaggeration

I think we should ballot for Oleg to stand against Greg Lemond for the UCI presidency. Can you imagine the reaction from the Twitter Taliban.

:lol: :lol:

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:19 pm

Dude, apparently that nobend cat 3 bloke that got popped for drug use at a sportive is involved somehow?!?!

W T actual F?

(according to t speed metal cycling pod)
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:23 pm

They appear to be digging in and saying that if you're not on the CCN team, you're for Bruyneel or whoever else is evil.

It makes me sad that people I respect a lot, like Lemond and Ashenden have got themselves involved with this clown-fest.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:25 pm

ddraver wrote:Dude, apparently that nobend cat 3 bloke that got popped for drug use at a sportive is involved somehow?!?!

W T actual F?

(according to t speed metal cycling pod)

Ask him if its the dude who's connected to/part of NYVelocity
http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/ ... s-positive
Last edited by Richmond Racer on Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:36 pm

Is he????

To be honest I did nt pay him much mind. I like what they were saying about it starting with a Power Meter, Then you get a cervelo...then the wind tunnel...then...

They were more "outraged" about a Cat 3 paying for time in a wind tunnel than the drugs :lol:
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

Nick Fitt

Postby Nick Fitt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:40 pm

The actual facts of the Lance Armstrong scam are just being spun into one massive PR opportunity. The UCI should be shot for the limp handed, slimey arsed, sweaty skin behind the eared, chapped lipped, fungal eyed manner that they have dealt with the Armstrong 'affair' and these dimwitted fuckwits with small penises that are Change Cycling Now should all just fark off and seek opportunities to expose their brands and little willys in other sports or sections of life. You watch, next summer will be a huge Skins advertising campaign.

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:47 pm

Nick Fitt wrote:The actual facts of the Lance Armstrong scam are just being spun into one massive PR opportunity. The UCI should be shot for the limp handed, slimey arsed, sweaty skin behind the eared, chapped lipped, fungal eyed manner that they have dealt with the Armstrong 'affair' and these dimwitted fuckwits with small penises that are Change Cycling Now should all just fark off and seek opportunities to expose their brands and little willys in other sports or sections of life. You watch, next summer will be a huge Skins advertising campaign.

Maybe there will be a Skins advertising campaign, but it might be wasted on cycling. The UCI have banned the use of their type of compression clothing in competition.

Of course, that couldn't possibly be what's actually motivating Jaimie 'with two I's' Fuller.
Twitter: @RichN95

Nick Fitt

Postby Nick Fitt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:52 pm

RichN95 wrote:
Nick Fitt wrote:The actual facts of the Lance Armstrong scam are just being spun into one massive PR opportunity. The UCI should be shot for the limp handed, slimey arsed, sweaty skin behind the eared, chapped lipped, fungal eyed manner that they have dealt with the Armstrong 'affair' and these dimwitted fuckwits with small penises that are Change Cycling Now should all just fark off and seek opportunities to expose their brands and little willys in other sports or sections of life. You watch, next summer will be a huge Skins advertising campaign.

Maybe there will be a Skins advertising campaigned, but it might be wasted on cycling. The UCI have banned the use of compression clothing in competition.

Of course, that couldn't possibly be what's actually motivating Jaimie 'with two I's' Fuller.

Maybe they intend on getting their textiles into cycling clothing. This whole period of cycle sport post USADA which should really be an opportunity to get it sorted out once and for all has deteriorated into a huge PR opportunity for anyone and everyone.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 13:53 pm

RichN95 wrote:

Maybe there will be a Skins advertising campaign, but it might be wasted on cycling. The UCI have banned the use of their type of compression clothing in competition.

No conflict of interest. No. None at all. Whatsoever.

Return to “Pro Race”