Ian Bibby, Jimmy Mac, Ian Wilkinson.....

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
ozzzyosborn206

Re: Ian Bibby, Jimmy Mac, Ian Wilkinson.....

Postby ozzzyosborn206 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 18:29 pm

Turfle wrote:Backstedt as of last week still seemed unsure about where he would be riding. He tweeted something about maybe aiming too high.

Bialoblocki is a good signing for UK Youth.

i heard a rumour he was going to Lampre.....possibly what he was referring to with his tweet? he hasn't done a huge amount since his 'comeback' and i think it would have been unfair on a younger up and coming rider if he did get a ride there...

symo

Postby symo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 13:44 pm

Madison Genesis Running TWO MDCC riders; all the other UK teams must be sh*****g it.
Allez the Creme Eggs
+++++++++++++++++++++
we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.

Pross

Postby Pross » Wed Dec 05, 2012 17:32 pm

ozzzyosborn206 wrote:
Turfle wrote:Backstedt as of last week still seemed unsure about where he would be riding. He tweeted something about maybe aiming too high.

i heard a rumour he was going to Lampre.....possibly what he was referring to with his tweet? he hasn't done a huge amount since his 'comeback' and i think it would have been unfair on a younger up and coming rider if he did get a ride there...

I was chatting to him for quite a while last week (top bloke and always around the local cross scene watching his kids and wife). I didn't get the impression he was expecting to ride at that high a level though. He'd be a good DS for Sky I would have thought though.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Wed Dec 05, 2012 18:37 pm

Pross wrote:
ozzzyosborn206 wrote:

I was chatting to him for quite a while last week (top bloke and always around the local cross scene watching his kids and wife). I didn't get the impression he was expecting to ride at that high a level though. He'd be a good DS for Sky I would have thought though.

Whats been the story with him, Pross? His announcement that he wouldnt be staying with UKYouth seemed pretty sudden and abrupt, and his tweets have been pretty downbeat ever since about not being certain re what he's going to be doing next.

As for Sky, ummm...would he be able to meet their zero-tolerance reqs....

Return to “Pro Race”