Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
User avatar
meanredspider
Posts: 9943
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 15:24 pm

Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby meanredspider » Tue Dec 11, 2012 16:57 pm

Do we have one already? I know, it's not as much fun as buying random stuff that you don't need just because it's cheap (since fitting Rubino Pros, I've not had a flat and I have more inner tubes than I can possibly ever need)

So I wondered if there's a place for a thread that helps you hunt the bargain you are looking for....

What's kicked this off is my need for a pair of Assos 607 Bib SHORTS (the warm winter ones in XL) as, with leg warmers. I arrive with nice warm legs but my veg takes some coaxing to re-appear :shock:

Best deals are all around £150 but I'd much rather pay nearer £120. Chain Reaction send out a discount code but their 607s are over £170!!!

Anybody spotted any?

As for the thread (if it doesn't already exist) What you're after, what price you've found & what you're hoping to pay
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

markchalmers
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 14:21 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby markchalmers » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm looking for a good set of overshoes on the cheap if any-one knows of any?

TGOTB
Posts: 3409
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:16 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby TGOTB » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Looking for a SRAM Red rear mech at a price that won't make my eyes water.
Pannier, 120rpm.

User avatar
gabriel959
Posts: 3678
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 13:44 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby gabriel959 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:47 pm

TGOTB wrote:Looking for a SRAM Red rear mech at a price that won't make my eyes water.


Cheapest brand new is Merlin Cycles

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/r ... +Rear+Road

£134 or thereabouts after Quidco.
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Giant SCR 2 - FCN 2
All-City Macho Man Disc - FCN 2
Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra - FCN 2

User avatar
mudcow007
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 18:06 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby mudcow007 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Di2 groupset

anything around £40 would be nice

although i will go up too £50, but not a penny more
Keeping it classy since '83

User avatar
TheStone
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:50 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby TheStone » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm

mudcow007 wrote:Di2 groupset

anything around £40 would be nice

although i will go up too £50, but not a penny more


I was about to post something very similar.

If the Dura Ace Di2 upgrade kit was going for a reasonable price*, I'd consider it.
* a good bit under a k.

User avatar
meanredspider
Posts: 9943
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 15:24 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby meanredspider » Wed Dec 12, 2012 13:01 pm

mudcow007 wrote:Di2 groupset

anything around £40 would be nice

although i will go up too £50, but not a penny more


Discountbikes.de normally have it around Euro900 - I think the exchange rate is currently Euro20 to the £ :wink: :wink:
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

User avatar
Greer_
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 15:31 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby Greer_ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 14:02 pm

markchalmers wrote:I'm looking for a good set of overshoes on the cheap if any-one knows of any?


Check out Plant-X's own brand ones

User avatar
redvee
Posts: 11681
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 22:03 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby redvee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 23:51 pm

Greer_ wrote:
markchalmers wrote:I'm looking for a good set of overshoes on the cheap if any-one knows of any?


Check out Plant-X's own brand ones


Much better value to buy this:
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLH ... mas_hamper

Planet X Neoprene Overshoes
Planet X Winter Cycling Gloves / Black
SKull LED Bicycle Light / White LED / White Body
SKull LED Bicycle Light / Red LED / Red Body
Planet X Cotton Cycling Cap / One Size / Black
On-One Thicky Merino Socks / Grey with Red and White Stripes
On-One Thinny Merino Socks / Black with White Logo
On-One Thinny Coolmax Socks / Black with Grey Logo

£20 and free postage(?)

User avatar
Sketchley
Posts: 4125
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 13:59 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby Sketchley » Thu Dec 13, 2012 06:52 am

Need a batch of conti race28 60mm inner tubes or similar (must be able to handle a gp4 season 28mm tyre)
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

User avatar
rubertoe
Posts: 3965
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 17:14 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby rubertoe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 09:12 am

I want a Garmin,

Not overly fussed about HR and Cadence but want something better than a cheapo Aldi computer. Something that I can upload stats to the interweb so a Edge 200 is what I am thinking. I dont really want to pay more than £80 for it - but the cheaper the better (unless someone can find me a stonking deal on a 800).
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

User avatar
woodnut
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 20:42 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby woodnut » Thu Dec 13, 2012 09:37 am

Rubertoe,
http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do?method=view&n=3315&g=320447&p=320470&c=215&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=GPS%20And%20Navigation are supposed to be good,

Can anyone help me, looking for 700c wheels up to about £180, I like baaaargains :)

User avatar
Veronese68
Lives Here
Posts: 13578
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 15:48 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby Veronese68 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:26 am

rubertoe wrote:I want a Garmin,

Not overly fussed about HR and Cadence but want something better than a cheapo Aldi computer. Something that I can upload stats to the interweb so a Edge 200 is what I am thinking. I dont really want to pay more than £80 for it - but the cheaper the better (unless someone can find me a stonking deal on a 800).

I got a Holux jobby. Software is a bit clunky but you can upload to Strava. Quite a bit cheaper than a Garmin.

User avatar
Rolf F
Posts: 13571
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 09:29 am

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby Rolf F » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:57 am

rubertoe wrote:I want a Garmin,

Not overly fussed about HR and Cadence but want something better than a cheapo Aldi computer. Something that I can upload stats to the interweb so a Edge 200 is what I am thinking. I dont really want to pay more than £80 for it - but the cheaper the better (unless someone can find me a stonking deal on a 800).


Bryton 20 - lovely little computer. Much nicer than a 200. No breadcrumb trail navigation but does have the HR and Cadence functionality if you ever change your mind. I think Wiggle do them for £80.
Faster than a tent.......


pitchshifter
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 13:51 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby pitchshifter » Thu Dec 13, 2012 13:48 pm

spasypaddy wrote:
woodnut wrote:Can anyone help me, looking for 700c wheels up to about £180, I like baaaargains :)

wheels
http://www.probikekit.com/uk/new-shiman ... elset.html
http://www.probikekit.com/uk/components ... elset.html


http://www.probikekit.com/uk/components ... undle.html

Even better in my opinion.

pitchshifter
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 13:51 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby pitchshifter » Thu Dec 13, 2012 13:49 pm

pitchshifter wrote:
spasypaddy wrote:
woodnut wrote:Can anyone help me, looking for 700c wheels up to about £180, I like baaaargains :)

wheels
http://www.probikekit.com/uk/new-shiman ... elset.html
http://www.probikekit.com/uk/components ... elset.html


http://www.probikekit.com/uk/components ... undle.html

Even better in my opinion.


With another £15 off as well. Bargain!

spasypaddy
Posts: 5129
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 23:21 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby spasypaddy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 14:13 pm

pitchshifter wrote:
pitchshifter wrote:
spasypaddy wrote:
woodnut wrote:Can anyone help me, looking for 700c wheels up to about £180, I like baaaargains :)

wheels
http://www.probikekit.com/uk/new-shiman ... elset.html
http://www.probikekit.com/uk/components ... elset.html


http://www.probikekit.com/uk/components ... undle.html

Even better in my opinion.


With another £15 off as well. Bargain!

didnt see those as i was just going off the deal tab.

but yes i'd agree get those.

User avatar
gabriel959
Posts: 3678
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 13:44 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby gabriel959 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 14:58 pm

plus 3% quidco! :)
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Giant SCR 2 - FCN 2
All-City Macho Man Disc - FCN 2
Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra - FCN 2

ads2k
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 20:41 pm

Re: Thread to Tell Everyone About the Bargains You Need

Postby ads2k » Thu Dec 13, 2012 15:04 pm

Can't use the deal of another £15 off, just tried :cry:


Return to “Commuting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests