Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
GiantMike

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby GiantMike » Wed Dec 12, 2012 15:30 pm

metronome wrote:Dining out and discovering there's more than one veggie option on a menu. Furthermore realising it doesn't involve ******* cheese.

Vegetarians f*ck cheese?
my power improvement experiment blog

Rule number 100: It's your bike and your money and your time; do what you like with it and ignore other peoples' rules. Except this one.

Cornerblock

Postby Cornerblock » Wed Dec 12, 2012 15:32 pm

metronome wrote:Dining out and discovering there's more than one veggie option on a menu. Furthermore realising it doesn't involve ******* cheese.

Say it, say it! 'Donkey cheese'. There that's cheered me up no end. :D

metronome

Postby metronome » Wed Dec 12, 2012 19:19 pm

Cornerblock wrote:Say it, say it! 'Donkey cheese'. There that's cheered me up no end. :D

Ass-Cheese?
tick - tick - tick

GiantMike

Postby GiantMike » Sat Aug 31, 2013 18:25 pm

Immitation. Sincerest form of flattery.
my power improvement experiment blog

Rule number 100: It's your bike and your money and your time; do what you like with it and ignore other peoples' rules. Except this one.

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Sat Aug 31, 2013 19:25 pm

This cheered me up:

A twunt in a black Nissan R32 Skyline was heading towards me having gone round a roundabout and then overtook a car without looking. I had to take evasive action and nearly had a head on. I gave him the 3 fingered salute and drove on.
The twunt turned around and followed me. As I got to my destination, I slowed down, he overtook did a Ue and drove towards me. My 'crew' - one Glasweigian of dynamic proportions and another of equal size were in the passenger seats. As soon as he neared, both fellas jumped out ready to tw4t him. He effed and blinded and waved his fist at me and drove off, presumeably not realising I had company.
In case he recognised me on my bike and decided on something silly, I elected to report him to the police. They knew of him and said they 'would have a word'.
Yesterday, the aforementioned Skyline was on the back of a trailer, roof completely caved in. He didn't roll it, he went under a bloody truck. Only minor injuries and I am just waiting for the court files in the local rag to see if they throw the book at him, so maybe more smiles to come.
"It's really tough to make a living, but a man's just gotta try" Disgruntledgoat - who owe's me 10 Goat Bucks

S - The womens Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

Seantheconn: más afeminado que un jamboree de Guías Internacional

mrfpb

Postby mrfpb » Sat Aug 31, 2013 21:56 pm

Crossing the Tyne Bridge after I've been working down south - not until I'm north of the Tyne am I home.

When I lived in the North East, it was the first sight of Penshaw Monument. Now I live in Fleet, it's the sight of Fleet Pond (aka "the biggest muddy puddle in Hampshire") from the train.

Alain Quay

Postby Alain Quay » Sun Sep 01, 2013 22:02 pm

GiantMike wrote:Immitation. Sincerest form of flattery.

Thanks MIke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Tue Sep 03, 2013 14:58 pm

mrfpb wrote:
Crossing the Tyne Bridge after I've been working down south - not until I'm north of the Tyne am I home.

When I lived in the North East, it was the first sight of Penshaw Monument. Now I live in Fleet, it's the sight of Fleet Pond (aka "the biggest muddy puddle in Hampshire") from the train.

..and going in the other direction:

Southbound again, roll accross rolling river Tyne
"It's really tough to make a living, but a man's just gotta try" Disgruntledgoat - who owe's me 10 Goat Bucks

W - Wiggle Honda

arran77

Postby arran77 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 16:06 pm

mrfpb wrote:

I used to like that too when I worked up in town :lol:

BTW it's Hampshire's largest freshwater lake :P
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

mrfpb

Postby mrfpb » Tue Sep 03, 2013 20:51 pm

arran77 wrote:
mrfpb wrote: Now I live in Fleet, it's the sight of Fleet Pond (aka "the biggest muddy puddle in Hampshire") from the train.

That may be what the Visit Hampshire website calls it...

Giraffoto

Postby Giraffoto » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:39 am

When I'm on my way home from anywhere I look out for the first red kite - they tell me I'm getting near.
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
On-One Scandal (fully rigid)

arran77

Postby arran77 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 am

mrfpb wrote:
arran77 wrote:
mrfpb wrote: Now I live in Fleet, it's the sight of Fleet Pond (aka "the biggest muddy puddle in Hampshire") from the train.

:wink:

Wouldn't be a good time to admit I wrote my university dissertation on the place then :lol:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

BONKSTRONG

Postby BONKSTRONG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 17:20 pm

Finally realizing why the word "Caesar" bothers me so much. It's because the 'a' and 'e' look like they're really mad at each other.

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Wed Sep 04, 2013 19:03 pm

BONKSTRONG wrote:Finally realizing why the word "Caesar" bothers me so much. It's because the 'a' and 'e' look like they're really mad at each other.

So what do you think of the place Stranraer?

They all fight each other with the drop of a hat, so maybe that explains things.

W - Wiggle Honda

mrfpb

Postby mrfpb » Wed Sep 04, 2013 19:26 pm

arran77 wrote:
mrfpb wrote:
arran77 wrote:

Wouldn't be a good time to admit I wrote my university dissertation on the place then :lol:

I don't know when you did your dissertation, or what you looked at. The place looks beautiful, sure enough, but the "muddy puddle" nickname is because it was so silted up that ducks appeared to walking on water. They've been dredging it for over a year now and building new islands with the silt.

Another thing that cheers me up is cycling round the pond to the train station on the rare days when I go to London.

arran77

Postby arran77 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 19:46 pm

mrfpb wrote:
arran77 wrote:
mrfpb wrote:
arran77 wrote:

I don't know when you did your dissertation, or what you looked at. The place looks beautiful, sure enough, but the "muddy puddle" nickname is because it was so silted up that ducks appeared to walking on water. They've been dredging it for over a year now and building new islands with the silt.

Another thing that cheers me up is cycling round the pond to the train station on the rare days when I go to London.

I know what you mean, when I was a kid it was far worse, you'd see people get out of boats in the middle and only be a foot or two deep in water :shock:

It all came from two of the streams that flow into the pond and dump silt from the army land and also the towns surface water drainage, probably too much info and a bit geeky that I know that :lol:

Like you say though a stunning place.

On the subject of things making you happy I used to love standing on the station platform when I worked in London and see and hear the geese flying in :D

seanoconn

diamonddog

Postby diamonddog » Thu Sep 05, 2013 13:38 pm

Stavros Flatley :D

willy b

Postby willy b » Thu Sep 05, 2013 14:35 pm

- A really funny joke
- Tailwind
- Fresh bread
- Coffee