What I want for Christmas....my cycling mojo back!

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
Teisetrotter

Re: What I want for Christmas....my cycling mojo back!

Postby Teisetrotter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 08:00 am

Ahhhh I have a fix for this .......... I have to keep fit due to a joint issue, doctors orders. The excuses come thick and fast though.

First of all I love my christmas pud/ale/dinners parties; then comes the six nations drinking fest; then comes the spring mayfly and so I'll be on the river fishing as often as I can .......... then the cricket is in full flow. Somehow I have to maintain a job and marriage between all this.

If you are not enjoying it get some distractions so you miss it. Or maybe go to a gym and run on a treadmill for 40 minutes and then 40 minutes on a exercise bike a couple times of a week, that is what I did over this cold snap. I tell you that mindless tedium will drive you back on the bike quicker than anything in the world ....... it's sole destroying. I motivated myself for that by saying I'll reward you with three pints London Pride and a two rides this weekend, otherwise it's home to bed with no supper and a weekend of DIY.

Or lastly book one of these mad winter Audax's with a bunch of mates.
http://www.aukweb.net/events/

#david2012

Re: What I want for Christmas....my cycling mojo back!

Postby #david2012 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 08:43 am

Enter a challenging sportive for next year so u know u have to train & put some miles in !

Return to “Road General”