Dura Ace shifter

Ask for advice or share your fettling tips
Stephenjames

Dura Ace shifter

Postby Stephenjames » Sun Dec 16, 2012 14:43 pm

Hi, can anyone please help me?

I am rebuilding a Litespeed Tuscany with a Dura Ace 10 speed (mechanical) groupset. The front derailleur work fine. When trying to index the rear derailleur, the shiter just jams and will not move. When the cable is released it moves again, (am I missing something obvious?). I have tried adjusting the cable lenght but the shifter will not move the rear derailleur. I think the shifter is on perfect working order. The bike was previously built with 7800 Dura Ace/Ultegra and worked fine. Thanks.

turnerjohn

Re: Dura Ace shifter

Postby turnerjohn » Sun Dec 16, 2012 15:24 pm

I'd replace the cable and check theres nothing jammed in the shifter....the nipple end got bent once in my rear DA shifter and it jammed the shifter up.

Stephenjames

Re: Dura Ace shifter

Postby Stephenjames » Sun Dec 16, 2012 20:45 pm

Hi turnerjohn

Thnx for the reply and advice. I've checked the cable there doesn't seem to be anything wrong there. When the cable is engaged with the rear derailleur the shifter just jams and will not shift at all. It doesn't seem to be able to transfer the power to the read derailleur. Thnx

Return to “Workshop”