Lack Of Christmas Spirit

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Cornerblock

Lack Of Christmas Spirit

Postby Cornerblock » Fri Dec 21, 2012 19:05 pm

In the past couple of days I can't help but notice a real lack of goodwill to our fellow forumites. Whether they've been castigated for driving for an hour before realising that their bikes were no longer attached to the car, or they have been criticised for their driving skills and been told that maybe, just maybe it's them that is the pillock, or they've lost a parcel and are looking to claim compensation and been told that they just need to MTFU. Or maybe they're just Captainlip.

Now I'm not sure what's causing it, maybe it's all the nonsense talk of the world ending, or maybe it's that thread about our partners sharing an interest in cycling, which to me both add up to the same thing!

Whatever! It's time to stop the sniping, the bitching and the ner ner ner attitude and realise it's a time to be decent to each other and wish each other a merry Christmas. Yes even Captainlip.

All the best everybody.

I highly recommend Stoneberg Pinotage Shiraz. It's lovely :wink:

nunowoolmez

Re: Lack Of Christmas Spirit

Postby nunowoolmez » Fri Dec 21, 2012 19:11 pm

Wheres the fun in that?

But seriously, i couldn't agree more. I'm all for having a laugh & a friendly joke but some sh*t on here is vicious. It's easy to be like this on a forum though. Less so in reality.

Merry Christmas to y'all

Frank the tank

Postby Frank the tank » Fri Dec 21, 2012 19:47 pm

Seriously, I'd like to wish all fellow forumites a very merry christmas and best wishes for the future. XXXXXX :D

On the other hand you're all a cunch of bunts. :wink:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Fri Dec 21, 2012 20:04 pm

True indeed. Does depend on how you look at it though. Where is the lack of Christmas spirit re the chap wanting to be compensated for a minor inconvenience? Me for castigating him for trying to profiteer from the deal or him for wanting to give a hard time to some people who work at a Courier company who have just acted in accordance with the agreed contract? The whole compensation culture thing is insidious and unpleasant and it is pretty mean to be trying to push for compensation when you have nothing real to be compensated about.
Faster than a tent.......

Buckled_Rims

Postby Buckled_Rims » Fri Dec 21, 2012 20:11 pm

The kids (trolls :?: ) are off school, posters are now on holiday (well some are), there's more time to be bored already and stay on the forums for mischief :twisted: to happen. Christmas has always been a dangerous time to be on forums :idea:

So, despite being a total atheist, I'll just mention, have a very merry holiday, that some believe is called Christmas.

:-)
CAAD9
Kona Jake the Snake
Merlin Malt 4

Cornerblock

Postby Cornerblock » Fri Dec 21, 2012 20:39 pm

Rolf F wrote:Went on

Rolf this has it's own thread, now take it outside please. :wink:

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Fri Dec 21, 2012 20:40 pm

I think i'll go out and buy some christmas spirit - Vodka, Rum, Whisky and then come back to the forum with a bit of dutch courage.

Before then - Merry Christmas
"It's really tough to make a living, but a man's just gotta try" Disgruntledgoat - who owe's me 10 Goat Bucks

S - The womens Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

Seantheconn: más afeminado que un jamboree de Guías Internacional

team47b

Postby team47b » Fri Dec 21, 2012 20:55 pm

yeah, merry christmas - everyone :D

well done pinarello001, shaky's back! :roll:
my isetta is a 300cc bike

tim wand

Postby tim wand » Fri Dec 21, 2012 20:59 pm

pinarello001 wrote:I think i'll go out and buy some christmas spirit - Vodka, Rum, Whisky and then come back to the forum with a bit of dutch courage.

I got several bottles from Aldi for £40 I was a bit peeved though as there were no quality cycling items.

I also went for a job interview in Bulwell and decided as I was in the locale of Frank the tank I would go and look for Pro bikes in Hucknall, Not much Christmas spirit there either when asking for directions, Great bike shop though.

GiantMike

Postby GiantMike » Fri Dec 21, 2012 21:17 pm

Merry Christmas everybody.
my power improvement experiment blog

Rule number 100: It's your bike and your money and your time; do what you like with it and ignore other peoples' rules. Except this one.

tiredofwhiners

Postby tiredofwhiners » Fri Dec 21, 2012 21:19 pm

Christmas doesn't actually start until the 25th December so its all fair comment until then - especially those who cycle without being able to see, and those who cannot tell when 200lb of bikes comes off the back of their car for an hour.

For those, perhaps Santa will being them some new spectacles and securing cables.;)

dmclite-3.0

Postby dmclite-3.0 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 01:30 am

Merry christmas everyone. I'm going to be a more understanding forumite in the new year, I feel a mellow vibe in the air.

Apart from Frank who thinks we're all bunts. Fargin' icehole. :D

Keep it real, homies.
I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...

Frank the tank

Postby Frank the tank » Sat Dec 22, 2012 15:31 pm

dmclite-3.0 wrote:Merry christmas everyone. I'm going to be a more understanding forumite in the new year, I feel a mellow vibe in the air.

Apart from Frank who thinks we're all bunts. Fargin' icehole. :D

Keep it real, homies.

I like you fella.

In a cyberpal way of course. :D
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Arthur Scrimshaw

Postby Arthur Scrimshaw » Sat Dec 22, 2012 15:41 pm

ok I'll try

really, really hard :(

ChrisAOnABike

Postby ChrisAOnABike » Sat Dec 22, 2012 15:51 pm

Merry Christmas all. My thanks to all those that have put up with all my n00b questions and answered them so patiently. I've learned a lot in two and a half short months (and 762 miles) of cycling, largely thanks to you lot.

I've also had some great entertainment from some of the flame war threads, so thanks and Merry Christmas too to the usual suspects.
Is the gorilla tired yet?

tim wand

Postby tim wand » Sat Dec 22, 2012 16:32 pm

tim wand wrote:
pinarello001 wrote:I think i'll go out and buy some christmas spirit - Vodka, Rum, Whisky and then come back to the forum with a bit of dutch courage.

I got several bottles from Aldi for £40 I was a bit peeved though as there were no quality cycling items.

I also went for a job interview in Bulwell and decided as I was in the locale of Frank the tank I would go and look for Pro bikes in Hucknall, Not much Christmas spirit there either when asking for directions, Great bike shop though.

Dont want people getting the wrong Idea and appreciate that could read wrong. Scott at Pro bikes in Huckall and Pro bikes itself was 100% spot on

It was the miserable sod who I asked for directions in the sports shop on Watnall road , who pointed out "He didnt sell bikes , who needed some Christmas cheer"

Sorry for any confusion caused.

DrKJM

Postby DrKJM » Mon Dec 24, 2012 00:24 am

tim wand wrote:
tim wand wrote:

Dont want people getting the wrong Idea and appreciate that could read wrong. Scott at Pro bikes in Huckall and Pro bikes itself was 100% spot on

It was the miserable sod who I asked for directions in the sports shop on Watnall road , who pointed out "He didnt sell bikes , who needed some Christmas cheer"

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Only been in there a couple of times when working in Annesley. It looked great. Glad to hear it lives up to appearances. Merry Christmas one and all.

NapoleonD

Postby NapoleonD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 00:41 am

I don't want to big christmas up as it'll get referred to as hyperbole.
Twitter - @NapD
Strava - Dense Voigt

verylonglegs

Postby verylonglegs » Mon Dec 24, 2012 09:24 am

I feel I should extend seasons greetings to not only this forums regulars but also the woman I overheard in the supermarket saying she is cooking for 25 tomorrow :shock: ...good luck love, you are either brave or foolish, I'm just not sure which!

Courage Monsieur

Postby Courage Monsieur » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 pm

This place can be bad at times but some of the stuff I've seen on the Lonely Planet forum or my local neighbourhood hangout or, worst of all, the national newspaper comments, is far nastier.

The web's full of it now isn't it. A phenomenon called 'snark'. Quite interesting, but sad.

Anyway, I'm nice on this forum all year round, and for many a year, so no need for "Christmas", I hate it. :wink:

Return to “The Cake Stop”