Cerevellum hindsight

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
santana007
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Cerevellum hindsight

Postby santana007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 15:49 pm

Not sure where to post this question , so sorry it might be in the wrong section ..

Just picked up my new Cube agree gtc 2012 , first two trips out and i can see a need for a rear view camera .. i can only find the owl and the Cerevellum hindsight .. And finding them for sale in this country seems imposible .. Does anyone know of any others or where i can buy either of these ..

cheers

Rog

User avatar
MountainMonster
Posts: 7286
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 18:04 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby MountainMonster » Mon Dec 24, 2012 15:54 pm

Why would you need a rear view camera?

NewTTer
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby NewTTer » Mon Dec 24, 2012 15:55 pm

Try turning your head, works wonders!

santana007
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby santana007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:07 pm

Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:

NewTTer
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby NewTTer » Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:14 pm

Post deleted

User avatar
declan1
Posts: 2389
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 20:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby declan1 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:15 pm

santana007 wrote:Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:


You can get helmet-mounted rear-view mirrors which may help.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bla ... r-ec006158

or this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cyc ... r-ec034027

Road - Dolan Preffisio
MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.

santana007
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby santana007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:16 pm

Found one after asking on a helpful forum

What is BikeEye?

Do you feel the need for better rear vision on your motorcycle? Ever wondered if there is anything in your blind spot? The BikeEye ™ rear view camera solves these problems by enabling you to see what or who is behind you via mini cam technology.

The BikeEye™ rear view bike camera system is a wireless safety camera device which improves visibility at the back of your motorcycle. Using the wireless rearview camera is a handy way of cutting out your blind spot and it could save you money on your insurance premiums too! The cameras are also a great 'trick' piece of kit for impressing friends.



How does it work?

The system is wireless and easy to install, simply take a 12v feed from your rear lights to power the camera and another from the front to power the monitor. For a full specification visit our website.

santana007
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby santana007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:25 pm

NewTTer wrote:LMFAO
I have NEVER seen a bicycle on the roads fitted with a rear view camera, stop trying to be all pompous and righteous, what you are proposing is just pathetic, so you had an accident what do you want sympathy? Its a bicycle you can turn your shoulders aswell as your head that will over come your issue!


The point is company's make them , i am not after sympathy , i was after an answer to the problem i have , and that is limited movment , so have a blind spot , if you can't offer help then don't provide an answer that isn't helpful .. Simply don't comment .. Why is a bike cam pathetic , is a helmet or hi viz jacket pathetic !! Anything that adds to road safty can only be a good thing ..

Trikeman
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 16:58 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby Trikeman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:27 pm

Hi, got one of these on my commuter - it's excellent, just don't have to look behind as often, but I always know what's coming up from behind - hope it helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BICYCLE-CYCLE ... 1e71d0dcb1

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:
With a huff and a puff the old man gets to the top - eventually ;o

After one enormous 'cull' this is all that's left.
Sabbath September Ti.
Specialized Stumpjumper Pro FSR.

santana007
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby santana007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:29 pm

declan1 wrote:
santana007 wrote:Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:


You can get helmet-mounted rear-view mirrors which may help.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bla ... r-ec006158

or this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cyc ... r-ec034027



Cheers m8 .. i will take a look , just heard about camera's .. and thought it a good option as it would give a good rear view of what is behind at all times .. Thanks for a helpful post .. Have a great xmas :)

User avatar
declan1
Posts: 2389
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 20:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby declan1 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:30 pm

santana007 wrote:
declan1 wrote:
santana007 wrote:Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:


You can get helmet-mounted rear-view mirrors which may help.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bla ... r-ec006158

or this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cyc ... r-ec034027



Cheers m8 .. i will take a look , just heard about camera's .. and thought it a good option as it would give a good rear view of what is behind at all times .. Thanks for a helpful post .. Have a great xmas :)


You too :)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.

santana007
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby santana007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 16:31 pm

Trikeman wrote:Hi, got one of these on my commuter - it's excellent, just don't have to look behind as often, but I always know what's coming up from behind - hope it helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BICYCLE-CYCLE ... 1e71d0dcb1

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:


Cheers Trikeman .. Happy cycling .. :)

User avatar
MountainMonster
Posts: 7286
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 18:04 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby MountainMonster » Mon Dec 24, 2012 17:23 pm

santana007 wrote:Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:


How was I trying to be clever, I asked why you want one? Hardly being clever, it is just a abnormal question so I wondered why. Might want to thicken your skin a little if that warrants a reply like that.

santana007
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby santana007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 21:53 pm

MountainMonster wrote:
santana007 wrote:Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:


How was I trying to be clever, I asked why you want one? Hardly being clever, it is just a abnormal question so I wondered why. Might want to thicken your skin a little if that warrants a reply like that.



So why would i want a rear view camera .. Hmmm ... maybe think before you ask why !! rather than offering help of some kind , I want to see in to the past with it .. I run a photography forum , we offer help on there .. If someone said i want a canon 70-200mm lens .. My reply would be here is a link and the mk2 is the best to go for .. Not why do you want one .. So yes you were being , sorry trying to be clever , You failed !!!!!

cougie
Posts: 19016
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 22:34 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby cougie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 22:11 pm

Blimey Santana - you do seem a bit grumpy.
Good luck finding your 12v power output on your bike anyway.

If you'd explained your reasons to begin with we'd not have got off to the wrong start.

If you do need to see behind then a mirror is a far better bet than a camera. Motorbikes seem to cope well with them.

I've been cycling 30 years. I've seen a handful of bike with mirrors. I've never seen a bike with rear view cameras and a monitor.
Last edited by cougie on Tue Dec 25, 2012 00:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MountainMonster
Posts: 7286
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 18:04 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby MountainMonster » Mon Dec 24, 2012 22:26 pm

santana007 wrote:
MountainMonster wrote:
santana007 wrote:Had an accident years ago and limited to 80% over my right shoulder ,So i have a slight blind spot, Try offering advice instead of trying to be clever , it also works wonders .. Why if they arn't needed are companys making them .. Poople like you two get members backs up ..I'll ask elsewhere , unless someone can try and be helpful , thanks for taking the time to be sarcastic :roll:


How was I trying to be clever, I asked why you want one? Hardly being clever, it is just a abnormal question so I wondered why. Might want to thicken your skin a little if that warrants a reply like that.



So why would i want a rear view camera .. Hmmm ... maybe think before you ask why !! rather than offering help of some kind , I want to see in to the past with it .. I run a photography forum , we offer help on there .. If someone said i want a canon 70-200mm lens .. My reply would be here is a link and the mk2 is the best to go for .. Not why do you want one .. So yes you were being , sorry trying to be clever , You failed !!!!!


LOL something serious is going on with you. Sorry I asked why you felt the need for a rear view camera. :roll:

I bet you don't get people asking on your camera forum what bike is best for taking pictures with....

NewTTer
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby NewTTer » Mon Dec 24, 2012 23:52 pm

Quite, seems like another idiot in the ranks. Rearview camera on a bicycle whatever next

SmoggySteve
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 20:10 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby SmoggySteve » Wed Dec 26, 2012 19:03 pm

Why so much negativity? The guy asks a question and he's ridiculed for it. He could be asking what shade of pink he should have his handlebar tassels. Its his bike let him do what he wants. And if you can't just give advice, butt out and leave the guy alone. There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there is such thing as a stupid answer.

tiredofwhiners
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 15:38 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby tiredofwhiners » Wed Dec 26, 2012 19:41 pm

SmoggySteve wrote:There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there is such thing as a stupid answer.


And there's an incomplete question, lacking in pertinent information, which will almost certainly get you the wrong answer.

The OP asks a question, someone asks why, and the response is the required details followed by a snarky response from the OP suggesting that simply asking the question is out of order. The OP therefore got the same level of response as they first dealt out.

Perhaps the reason that the OP is having trouble finding the technical solution he/she required is that it is a ridiculous overkill and nobody in their right mind considers it a particularly good one either technically or financially, especially since the low power, high availability, high performance version called a mirror has been available for a few centuries.

All they really need then is an IP wireless camera, a large battery, a large ruggedised case for the camera, an a custom App written for their smartphone. Obviously something in high demand to fit on a bike ;)

YIMan
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 18:14 pm

Re: Cerevellum hindsight

Postby YIMan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 15:19 pm

GoPro using a smartphone as the viewfinder is an expensive possibility?


Return to “Road General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests