What MTB Jacket for £60??

Discuss the eternal "Which fork/bike/tyres should I buy?" questions.
winter zombie

Re: What MTB Jacket for £60??

Postby winter zombie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 16:40 pm

Well just as a update to what i brought today

i went to evens cycles in nottingham today to go and try on the altura transformer as the sizeing guide for the jacket was telling me i need a xl/xxl

at first seeing the jacket it looked great, but after i picked it up and felt the quality i was quite surprised as it felt thin and cheap. :oops: :? i was fascinated to see the quality differance between this altura and a endura convert softshell jacket as i have seen loads of posts about how good they are and the quality

so after picking one up straight away you can tell its a much better quality jacket and better meterial, this alone almost sold it for me before i even tryed it on :P the endura was more money by £25ish but trying the jacket on it just felt so much better than the altura, so with in 5 mins of having the endura jacket on i was sold. i did spend over my budget but the jacket just seems worth the extra money. i just have to make sure the girlfiend dosent find out how much i spend LoL :mrgreen:

So Thank you to you all for your advise & Thanks to Evens Cycles In Nottingham Today for their help and advise 8)

CB75

Postby CB75 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 22:06 pm

If your looking for a decent softshell dont just look at cycling specific clothing. Have a look at some of the outdoor shops. In particular Go Outdoors website and cotswold outdoors have some excellent softshells on sale just now and you should get something decent for your budget. A lot of these softshells will be suitable for biking. Hope this helps.

CB75

Postby CB75 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 22:12 pm

Forget my last post as i was obviously too late as i see youve got one! But its worthwhile keeping in mind for the future! Time to get out riding now. Have fun.

zanush

Postby zanush » Mon Dec 31, 2012 16:03 pm

Glad you got yourself sorted ;)
Yes you do get what you pay for and it is unfortunate that bike gear is expensive and as CB75 has said don't discount non-bike orientated gear. I was looking in my wardrobe today and forgot i had a couple of softshells bought ages ago (before i got into mtb) that have a decent fit that i can wear.
Boardman Fs Team
Felt F95

Return to “MTB Buying Advice”