Cannondale Rize , work in progress (WIP) update few pic

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)
Tintin rize

Re: Cannondale Rize , work in progress (WIP) new decals

Postby Tintin rize » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:56 am

lawman wrote:May I ask why on earth you think you need 140mm travel to ride round a park? It seems you could do your riding on a hardtail or even a CX bike?

Because its a rize 140 ie the forks came with the frame ! I don't wanna start going into geometric on the bike :D
I ride around the (park) !! with the dog ! I don't take him around the main area on SPTA as that would be too dangerous for him ! I.m happy with the front travel ! A carbon lefty 120mm is in sight but depends on fund and if the the geometric is ok with it !! I dunno
Last edited by Tintin rize on Sun Jan 06, 2013 08:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378

pilch

Re: Cannondale Rize , work in progress (WIP) update few pic

Postby pilch » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 am

Nice bike mate, as long you are happy with it... that's all that matters
A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer

Tintin rize

Postby Tintin rize » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:10 am

pilch wrote:Nice bike mate, as long you are happy with it... that's all that matters

Cheers buddy , I do love it lol

Dick Scruttock

Postby Dick Scruttock » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 am

Tintin rize wrote:A carbon lefty 120mm is in sight but depends on fund and if the the geometric is ok with it !! I dunno

That would probably make it very steep and not something I would advise. Also have you seen the reviews of them?

Tintin rize

Postby Tintin rize » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:30 am

Rick Draper wrote:
Tintin rize wrote:A carbon lefty 120mm is in sight but depends on fund and if the the geometric is ok with it !! I dunno

That would probably make it very steep and not something I would advise. Also have you seen the reviews of them?

Yeah I been looking around mate some good and some bad ! Also been looking at lefty max 140 but the review aren't that great either !

lawman

Postby lawman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Tintin rize wrote:
lawman wrote:May I ask why on earth you think you need 140mm travel to ride round a park? It seems you could do your riding on a hardtail or even a CX bike?

Because its a rize 140 ie the forks came with the frame ! I don't wanna start going into geometric on the bike :D
I ride around the (park) !! with the dog ! I don't take him around the main area on SPTA as that would be too dangerous for him ! I.m happy with the front travel ! A carbon lefty 120mm is in sight but depends on fund and if the the geometric is ok with it !! I dunno

Buy why buy a 140mm frame in the first place? Your riding doesn't seem to warrant it, you're looking at shorter forks, so why not buy another that's more suitable for your less vigorous needs rather than bling up this one, which is clearly too much bike for you?

Tintin rize

Postby Tintin rize » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:45 pm

lawman wrote:
Tintin rize wrote:

Buy why buy a 140mm frame in the first place? Your riding doesn't seem to warrant it, you're looking at shorter forks, so why not buy another that's more suitable for your less vigorous needs rather than bling up this one, which is clearly too much bike for you?

Now I know who white van is out side my house spying on me :shock: lol look like you been following me around on SPTA 8)

My mate sold the bike very cheap to me at the time and I was and even now I.m not bother about 20mm diffrent because my so call riding style lol

It's all good and I love it ! If its was 160mm I would under stand your comment , this is how I ride ! Around the park :lol:

Tintin rize

Postby Tintin rize » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:42 am

Dirty !!! Not good ! This is after a 50k SPAM RACE verious terrain ! Awesome day ! :D
Got some new grips now will wack them on after the clean up
Foam light weight lock on ! £8 can go wrong ! :D
Last edited by Tintin rize on Tue Jan 01, 2013 14:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanDax1990

Postby DanDax1990 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:38 pm

So because he's taken pictures in a park... That must mean he only ever rides it in the park?

Some proper tw@ts on here!

Maybe he only takes pictures in the park whilst walking his dog because during his proper riding he's too busy.

The Northern Monkey

Postby The Northern Monkey » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Nice bike!!
Husky is lush too!

lawman

Postby lawman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 13:18 pm

DanDax1990 wrote:So because he's taken pictures in a park... That must mean he only ever rides it in the park?

Maybe he only takes pictures in the park whilst walking his dog because during his proper riding he's too busy.

Salisbury plain is hardly proper riding if you ask me, and given his interpretation of "dirty" I'm guessing his proper riding would warrant a bike with less travel. Just seems odd to be looking for shorter forks and light weight on a bike designed to be given a thrashing? The op may be very happy with it, forums are for people to share and give opinions, if you don't like someone's opinion, fine, just don't go insulting them if you think differently. Simply giving my thoughts, nothing more and fair play to the OP if he enjoys the bike, just seems and odd choice to me :lol:

DanDax1990

Postby DanDax1990 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 13:40 pm

lawman wrote:
DanDax1990 wrote:So because he's taken pictures in a park... That must mean he only ever rides it in the park?

Salisbury plain is hardly proper riding if you ask me, and given his interpretation of "dirty" I'm guessing his proper riding would warrant a bike with less travel. Just seems odd to be looking for shorter forks and light weight on a bike designed to be given a thrashing? The op may be very happy with it, forums are for people to share and give opinions, if you don't like someone's opinion, fine, just don't go insulting them if you think differently. Simply giving my thoughts, nothing more and fair play to the OP if he enjoys the bike, just seems and odd choice to me :lol:

The majority of people on here probably don't ride their bikes hard enough or use them to their full extent.

What makes you think Salisbury plain is the only place he rides? The amount of dirt on your bike means feck all.

"My bikes dirtier than yours so I ride it harder and I'm better than you"

Blah.

lawman

Postby lawman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 13:59 pm

DanDax1990 wrote:
lawman wrote:

The majority of people on here probably don't ride their bikes hard enough or use them to their full extent.

What makes you think Salisbury plain is the only place he rides? The amount of dirt on your bike means feck all.

Blah.

I'm not saying I do ride mine to its full potential, I agree few on here probably do, I just asked the OP why he felt the need for such a bike on the assumption that as the majority of his pictures are on tame terrain, it forms the majority of his riding, as he claims the pictures are from his rides. Basic assumptions, they may be wrong, ask the OP, but thats my reading from this thread.

Tintin rize

Postby Tintin rize » Tue Jan 01, 2013 14:28 pm

lawman wrote:
DanDax1990 wrote:
lawman wrote:

Blah.

I'm not saying I do ride mine to its full potential, I agree few on here probably do, I just asked the OP why he felt the need for such a bike on the assumption that as the majority of his pictures are on tame terrain, it forms the majority of his riding, as he claims the pictures are from his rides. Basic assumptions, they may be wrong, ask the OP, but thats my reading from this thread.

Dan dax thanks for the comment buddy you have got a fair point, and lawman ! this is a thread of my bike as what I have and will do to it and not a bout my RIDING style yes I got PIC of so called park ! I don't take my dog racing with me as i sed before or any further on to the SPTA as its too dangerous ! As I got a duty of care for him ! Have you ever been on SPTA ? If not then don't bother to comment ! Also I don't comment on your bike saying oh nice frames and carbon top end bikes however only XT crank ?If you looking for ligth weigh ! And I don't see any action shots on your bike threads !
Last edited by Tintin rize on Tue Jan 01, 2013 14:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tintin rize

Postby Tintin rize » Tue Jan 01, 2013 14:28 pm

The Northern Monkey wrote:Nice bike!!
Husky is lush too!

Cheers buddy

lawman

Postby lawman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 15:21 pm

Tintin rize wrote:
lawman wrote:
DanDax1990 wrote:
lawman wrote:

Blah.

Dan dax thanks for the comment buddy you have got a fair point, and lawman ! this is a thread of my bike as what I have and will do to it and not a bout my RIDING style yes I got PIC of so called park ! I don't take my dog racing with me as i sed before or any further on to the SPTA as its too dangerous ! As I got a duty of care for him ! Have you ever been on SPTA ? If not then don't bother to comment ! Also I don't comment on your bike saying oh nice frames and carbon top end bikes however only XT crank ?If you looking for ligth weigh ! And I don't see any action shots on your bike threads !

I was asking about your bike, as in why you chose it, as it seemed a touch odd, just curious and apologies if my choice of words offended you. It's a very nice bike, and I just happen to be a huge husky fan, Christ if I was in a position to own one I would do, actually quite jealous you can take your dog on a ride, where ever it maybe. I apologise for making an assumption, presumably it was wrong, but this forum has a history of people with too much money and not really an idea of what they're doing, so I'm sorry if I have wrongly mistaken you for such a person. Your English and grammar is quite poor though, don't let the grammar squad get you! :lol:

I don't take a camera with me when I ride, too busy riding :wink: enjoy the bike and the dog, sorry if you and dan got the wrong end of the stick, I really was just curious as to why you chose the rz140, curiosity really did kill the cat it would seem! :lol:

Tintin rize

Postby Tintin rize » Tue Jan 01, 2013 15:42 pm

lawman wrote:
Tintin rize wrote:
lawman wrote:
DanDax1990 wrote:
lawman wrote:

Blah.

I was asking about your bike, as in why you chose it, as it seemed a touch odd, just curious and apologies if my choice of words offended you. It's a very nice bike, and I just happen to be a huge husky fan, Christ if I was in a position to own one I would do, actually quite jealous you can take your dog on a ride, where ever it maybe. I apologise for making an assumption, presumably it was wrong, but this forum has a history of people with too much money and not really an idea of what they're doing, so I'm sorry if I have wrongly mistaken you for such a person. Your English and grammar is quite poor though, don't let the grammar squad get you! :lol:

I don't take a camera with me when I ride, too busy riding :wink: enjoy the bike and the dog, sorry if you and dan got the wrong end of the stick, I really was just curious as to why you chose the rz140, curiosity really did kill the cat it would seem! :lol:

As a squddie I don't care about my gramma and spelling ,unless I'm writing a letter to the Queen :D and having an iPad doesn't help me either ! You did came across the wrong way however let forget and apology accepted

Tintin rize

Postby Tintin rize » Sun Jan 06, 2013 08:58 am

New decals for the fork, the old once did look tired so I fresh them up a little :D

raceface gt

Postby raceface gt » Sun Jan 06, 2013 15:50 pm

Must be a decal day as I've put fresh on mine as well.
Looking better than the grey.

njee20

Postby njee20 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 17:11 pm

Don't you find those pedals a bit hairy? I'd have thought SPDs or proper flats would be better.

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”