Hair removal - How do you go about it?

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
SmoggySteve

Hair removal - How do you go about it?

Postby SmoggySteve » Wed Jan 02, 2013 07:51 am

Now we are into the new year, I'm starting to get back into race mood. So off come the cold weather tights and on go the shorts.

Problem there is I got to start shaving my legs again. What are everyone's preferred method of hair removal? Razor, creams (Veet) or good old wax? Interested to know how masochistic people are.

If anyone says they stay au naturale, please include an address so we can come around and point at the yeti

MTBUK

Re: Hair removal - How do you go about it?

Postby MTBUK » Wed Jan 02, 2013 09:01 am

The joys of being a Roady..... or rather not :S....... lighter fluid and a match?
Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
Orange Crush 650b 2014

Mad_Malx

Postby Mad_Malx » Wed Jan 02, 2013 09:14 am

In my mind Veet will always be linked inexorably with its excellent reviews :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-R ... B000KKNQBK

pb21

Postby pb21 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 09:23 am

At the start the hairless season I normally treat myself with a nice Veet session. After that I normally shave them.

schlepcycling

Postby schlepcycling » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:17 am

pb21 wrote:At the start the hairless season I normally treat myself with a nice Veet session. After that I normally shave them.

+1
'Hello to Jason Isaacs'

Capt Slog

Postby Capt Slog » Wed Jan 02, 2013 13:55 pm

Pleased to say that I'm spared all that mullarkey, my legs grow hardly any hair.

I suppose they came out in sympathy with the top of my head. :roll:
"Dinosaur" "... horrible human being", BR Mod.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Mr Goo

Postby Mr Goo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 14:20 pm

Please explain to me why amateur roadies who don't race and simply put in the miles for enjoyment and challenge feel the need to shave their legs?
I am not Gently Benevolent

Akirasho

Postby Akirasho » Wed Jan 02, 2013 14:33 pm

SNORT!!!!

Here in the States, we're constantly bombarded with TV ads proclaiming an end to baldness via all manner of things from drugs to paint... while at the same time, seeing ads showing how to get rid of the pesky lady 'stache and underarm plague!!!! Peoples is never satisfied.

I don't have hairly legs so that's never been an issue per se... went bald around 30 and what's left is greying... I'm gonna leave well enuff alone.

pb21

Postby pb21 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 14:36 pm

Mr Goo wrote:Please explain to me why amateur roadies who don't race and simply put in the miles for enjoyment and challenge feel the need to shave their legs?

I don’t feel the need, but I do it because I prefer the look and feel, why not do it?

Pross

Postby Pross » Wed Jan 02, 2013 14:53 pm

Bit early in the year to be thinking about it for me as winter doesn't seem to have started yet! I tend to shave, got Veet for men this year but struggle with it to be honest - it takes some patches off really well while refusing to do ther bits. First of the year is usually a run over with hair clippers and then shave. Might try waxing this year though, I think I could pursuade the Mrs to do it for me as it involves causing me pain. I hate body hair in general and would gladly have it all permanently removed as I've hit the stage where it is growing in unwanted places to replace the stuff dropping out of my head :(

Secteur

Postby Secteur » Wed Jan 02, 2013 15:24 pm

Mr Goo wrote:Please explain to me why amateur roadies who don't race and simply put in the miles for enjoyment and challenge feel the need to shave their legs?

Covered ad-infinitum on this fora.

I dont shave my legs, and likely never will, but i think nothing of guys who do. It's fine to want to look "pro" and that's all there is to say about it.

I wear fancy expensive oakley shades in preference to cheap ALDI ones simply because i feel they make me look more "pro" and that gives me enjoyment.

So, i think it's fine if an amateur cyclist wishes to shave his legs, even if he's not a great cyclist.

Frank the tank

Postby Frank the tank » Wed Jan 02, 2013 15:51 pm

Well, the hair on my head is doing a pretty good job of removing itself thanks. :lol:

As for my legs, when I bother it's the trusty razor.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

seanoconn

Postby seanoconn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 15:52 pm

Serious question. Does Veet work/ is it safe to use on your balls? A lady friend has promised to do unspeakable things to me if I lose the hair.
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Mikey23

Postby Mikey23 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 16:26 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK

This might put you off....

I can't stand body hair so have mine waxed at a local beautician every 6 or 7 weeks. She really enjoys doing it!

There is veet for sensitive areas which I have used on my tender bits with no side effects

Missus thinks I'm weird, I think she's right... But it's my body and has nowt to do with cycling

random man

Postby random man » Wed Jan 02, 2013 16:56 pm

I've never bothered shaving my legs but if I did I'd probably start off with a hedge trimmer :D

Akirasho

Postby Akirasho » Wed Jan 02, 2013 17:10 pm

seanoconn wrote:Serious question. Does Veet work/ is it safe to use on your balls? A lady friend has promised to do unspeakable things to me if I lose the hair.

I find it interesting that you found it necessary to mention the gender of your... friend. In reality, I think it's your dog and a jar of peanut butter!!! EWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Frank the tank

Postby Frank the tank » Wed Jan 02, 2013 17:28 pm

seanoconn wrote:Serious question. Does Veet work/ is it safe to use on your balls? A lady friend has promised to do unspeakable things to me if I lose the hair.

Veet does remove hair very effectively, however, it stinks.

Whatever you do don't apply it to your knackerbag. :shock:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

cougie

Postby cougie » Wed Jan 02, 2013 17:38 pm

Its January ? Who's wearing shorts already ? I'd only bother shaving my legs if it looked like its going to get warm and its not for a couple of months yet.

seanoconn

Postby seanoconn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 18:36 pm

Akirasho wrote:

I find it interesting that you found it necessary to mention the gender of your... friend. In reality, I think it's your dog and a jar of peanut butter!!! EWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Erm no :roll:

Nutella works best :D
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Tom Dean

Postby Tom Dean » Wed Jan 02, 2013 19:01 pm

Razor. Maintain standards all year round.

Return to “The Cake Stop”