Santini 365 Leg Warmers

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
GavH

Santini 365 Leg Warmers

Postby GavH » Wed Jan 02, 2013 15:32 pm

Got Adair of these in the Wiggle sale for a mere £15. Tried them on and they feel too long but also far too tight around the top. If I send them back to get a larger size, they will presumably belonged still, whereas if I get a smaller size which may be a more appropriate length, they will almost certainly not get over my thighs. I've not used Leg Warmers before so have no frame of sizing reference to go on.

Does anyone know what the optimum 'point' of the thigh is where the top of a pair of LWs should sit?

Balaclavas

Re: Santini 365 Leg Warmers

Postby Balaclavas » Wed Jan 02, 2013 16:10 pm

They should sit as high as you can physically get them. If you are only putting them part way up your thigh, that might be the problem.

GavH

Postby GavH » Wed Jan 02, 2013 16:16 pm

Thanks. I presume also that they should be as snug around the top grip as comfort allows? I'm also concerned that the elastic on them is practically maxed out and hence will affect comfort in the immediate term and longevity of the garment beyond that.

smidsy

Postby smidsy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 16:24 pm

Mine seem to be happy about 50mm short of my inseam, which leave a slight gap between them and the crease of my shorts.

They should be snug but not constrictive, if that makes sense.
Yellow is the new Black.

calmx5

Postby calmx5 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 17:37 pm

The 365's have a problem which I found when ordering, that the leg tube is not contoured to the leg, (i.e wider at the thighs) therefore the man with a decent set of thighs will struggle to get them on. They are just a straight tube :)
It's a shame as it's a great deal from wiggle.

That is, the problems with the product, not you, as you can see from the wiggle reviews.

mallorcajeff

Postby mallorcajeff » Wed Jan 02, 2013 18:41 pm

maybe they sent you arm warmers.

Mine are a tad too long but i can get them round my thighs and I bet mine are bigger than yours (for all the wrong reasons) I think I took a large for reference.

GavH

Postby GavH » Thu Jan 03, 2013 16:13 pm

Took the plunge and wore them today on a 2 hr ride. It smashed down with rain less than 30 mins in and didn't stop until I was past the hour mark. To be frank, these Santini legwarmers performed VERY well indeed. :D

I could only comfortably get them about half way up my thighs and wearing a pair of bib shorts, they stayed in place perfectly throughout. The length can be sorted by turning them down a bit at the bottom. Whilst I still remain to be convinced about the longevity of the elastic at the top given how stretched it feels, at £15, if I get the year out of them I can always 'upgrade' this time next year.

Highly recommended whilst they are £15 but glad I did not pay £25-30 for them personally.

Return to “Road Buying Advice”