The new Team Sky Rapha kit...

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
thegreatdivide

The new Team Sky Rapha kit...

Postby thegreatdivide » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:14 pm

For those that can't cope with the Pro Race forum :lol: here it is...

http://www.rapha.cc/shop

Well done Rapha. A big two fingers up to the price moaners and I think it looks boss ;-)
"Crevaison sur les paves..."

jordan_217

Re: The new Team Sky Rapha kit...

Postby jordan_217 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:23 pm

I'm coming round to it, TBH. When I seen the initial photos of just the jersey I wasn't that impressed but it looks much nicer as a whole kit and when not being modeled by cyclists who weigh less than my five year old Son.

The Norwegian champs colored jersey looks the dogs but I do prefer the Craft one that EBH and Co were wearing at the WC's. I can't find that online anywhere otherwise, I would snap it up.
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

displacedaussie

Postby displacedaussie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:29 pm

cougie

Postby cougie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:34 pm

The link above broke ?

Try this : http://www.rapha.cc/shop/team-sky

thegreatdivide

Postby thegreatdivide » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:34 pm

Nah - it just crashed because it's so busy. Back again.

ad_snow

Postby ad_snow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:42 pm

I'm impressed by how 'reasonable' the prices are. Could have been a lot higher and people still would have bought it. Can see this selling out and staying sold out for at least a couple of months.

meesterbond

Postby meesterbond » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:43 pm

I'd agree with Jordan above... when I saw the inital pics on New Year's Day I thought it looked awful, but that might have had more to do with the model's (Wiggins) arms (pipe-cleaners) sticking out of what looked like a spray-on XXXS jersey.

Hardly a departure from last year's adidas kit, but I rather like it. I don't tend to wear team kits (other than the club kit) so I won't be buying it, but it's a step above most pro-tour kits out there.

jordan_217

Postby jordan_217 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:46 pm

Does anyone know if they'll be doing the Jerseys withouth the SKY branding? I really like that Norwegian champs jersey but don't like the branding on it.
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

thegreatdivide

Postby thegreatdivide » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:51 pm

jordan_217 wrote:Does anyone know if they'll be doing the Jerseys withouth the SKY branding? I really like that Norwegian champs jersey but don't like the branding on it.

It looks like it's all badged up Pro Team kit - which isn't surprising because it's fantastic technical stuff. The bibs are the same.

The highlight for me is that it looks like I'll be able to get a new pair of black Pro Team mitts come April now that they've put the Sky version up. Best mitts you can buy - fact.

ajb72

Postby ajb72 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:18 pm

Very impressed. The replica jersey seems to be based on the old lightweight jersey, but comes in cheaper. Well done Rapha for at least keeping it reasonable, and I bet the quality is higher than the old addidas replica kit.

Coach H

Postby Coach H » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:37 pm

ajb72 wrote:Very impressed. The replica jersey seems to be based on the old lightweight jersey, but comes in cheaper. Well done Rapha for at least keeping it reasonable, and I bet the quality is higher than the old addidas replica kit.

Not sure how this would be as it is widely accepted that both are actually made by MOA so I bet the quality is going to be pretty much the same :roll:
Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')

ajb72

Postby ajb72 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:47 pm

Coach H wrote:
ajb72 wrote:Very impressed. The replica jersey seems to be based on the old lightweight jersey, but comes in cheaper. Well done Rapha for at least keeping it reasonable, and I bet the quality is higher than the old addidas replica kit.

Not sure how this would be as it is widely accepted that both are actually made by MOA so I bet the quality is going to be pretty much the same :roll:

Doesn't mean the material will be the same though does it? :roll: I owned a Rapha Condor Club jersey which seems to be the same as the new replica jersey, lovely bit of kit and the same as the older lightweight jersey. No scratchy feel which seems to be the niggle with the addidas kit.

Coach H

Postby Coach H » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:55 pm

ajb72 wrote:
Coach H wrote:

Doesn't mean the material will be the same though does it? :roll: I owned a Rapha Condor Club jersey which seems to be the same as the new replica jersey, lovely bit of kit and the same as the older lightweight jersey. No scratchy feel which seems to be the niggle with the addidas kit.

I think we are at cross purposes. When you refered to quality I assumed build (stich?) quality not materials.
Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')

ShutUpLegs

Postby ShutUpLegs » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:57 pm

I quite like it, apart from the Blue bit
And the SKY logo

The 'supporters kit' is utter utter shite
I Like Black Bikes

Gazspurs

Postby Gazspurs » Fri Jan 04, 2013 16:21 pm

Credit to Rapha for making it cost affective to the fans, as many others I thought they would take advantage of the buzz around Team Sky/Cycling and charge an absolute bomb!

Love the T-shirt & polo shirt which I will purchase in Feb when available, again excellently priced at 25 & 30 £

Love the personalised Wiggo replica jersey also but wouldn't wear out of personal preference

I'm sure there will be more to follow, would like to see a training type jersey, just the colouring without SKY blazed all over it.

Unfortunately such sponsorship will bring Rapha to the masses now but that was always gonna happen

A big well done to them though on some nice kit & very reasonable prices.

BenKxK

Postby BenKxK » Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:03 pm

What was wrong with Adidas? :(

Raffles

Postby Raffles » Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:39 pm

thegreatdivide wrote:For those that can't cope with the Pro Race forum :lol: here it is...

Well done Rapha. A big two fingers up to the price moaners and I think it looks boss ;-)

£150 for a short sleeve jersey :shock: , does it come with a "I am a total mug" certificate ?
2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105

MattC59

Postby MattC59 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:55 pm

Raffles wrote:
thegreatdivide wrote:For those that can't cope with the Pro Race forum :lol: here it is...

£150 for a short sleeve jersey :shock: , does it come with a "I am a total mug" certificate ?

Anything to back up your comment ?

I shall be ordering the £75 jersey.
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Bwgan

Postby Bwgan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:57 pm

New to road cycling and I thought that the new kit was still steep (excuse the pun) without wanting to be a price moaner! But then again I had no idea what to expect with regards to the price! Feel like I give Sky enough money as it is!!!

verylonglegs

Postby verylonglegs » Fri Jan 04, 2013 19:09 pm

I'm not keen on team jerseys anyway but even so the issue for me with sky kit is the fact it's mostly black, not who makes it or the cost. Black kit isn't too nice to wear on a hot day..well at least from what I remember, long time since I experienced one :x

Return to “Road General”