London Calling

Organising a ride? Looking for riding buddies? Arrange your rides here.
deadkenny

Re: London Calling

Postby deadkenny » Mon Dec 31, 2012 18:50 pm

Likewise will see how it goes. Beers first. Just a chance it might not be actually raining. That the conditions are boggier than a boggy bog like thing is another matter.

There was a vague hint of maybe the guys on MTBB getting out, but seems apathetic there too.

If no one does anything I may end up round Surrey Hills later. Or I'll be eating bacon and watching TV. Would be nice to get a ride in before going back to work.

deadkenny

Postby deadkenny » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:14 am

A slog through the mud after lunch. Swinley perhaps, 1pm-ish?

Edit: That's my plan anyway. 1pm meet at the gate by Go Ape. Muck about for a couple of hours, probably not fast and no real plan. Check out what's been going on so far and tell people off who are riding the new stuff.

milko9000

Postby milko9000 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 17:42 pm

I still feel hungover. Oof.

cooldad

Postby cooldad » Tue Jan 01, 2013 19:02 pm

Missed out on a decent ride - bit soggy, but blue skies. Nice.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

milko9000

Postby milko9000 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:36 am

I still feel hungover.

Blind Danny Johnson

Postby Blind Danny Johnson » Wed Jan 02, 2013 20:52 pm

milko9000 wrote:I still feel hungover.

Ha ha! Means it was a good night!

Deadkenny how's Surrey Hills running at the moment? I haven't ridden there in ages and am keen to take my big bike out around the steeper and jumpier trails but can't be arsed if it's a mudfest. What do you reckon? Do you fancy joining me? I'm thinking of parking at the car park by Wedgie and riding those for a bit then heading up to the drops further up from there and riding the trails, Northern Moneky etc around that area. Then maybe trying to find the flytipper run which I believe is a little further on from Northern Monkey. Does that sound about right DK? Oh and to finish I want to do some Stravaing on BKB... Anyone else like the sound of that?

milko9000

Postby milko9000 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 00:03 am

I might be up for some of that this weekend if the weather manages not to be too sh!tty. I've stopped feeling hungover, and replaced it with a cold.

Blind Danny Johnson

Postby Blind Danny Johnson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 pm

milko9000 wrote:I might be up for some of that this weekend if the weather manages not to be too sh!tty. I've stopped feeling hungover, and replaced it with a cold.

Cool, I'm thinking Sunday if weather permits. Will check back Friday afternoon when there's a better idea of the weather and conditions.

deadkenny

Postby deadkenny » Thu Jan 03, 2013 19:57 pm

Haven't been Surrey Hilling for several weeks now, but I'd assume it's very sloppy. Still, will have been mostly dry for a few days, maybe even a week(!!!) by Sunday.

All depends how much the trails are getting ridden. Seems to get busier the more winter muddy it gets strangely. What happened to fair weather riders? !

Anyway, probably up for it. Not fussed about parking up the top as I can climb up, then back down via fun stuff and do BKB or whatever later.

Doubt I can do much on the Pitch DHills other than make it down without crashing, if they're not a crazy mud slide. The gaps and drops are beyond me there especially when it gets that steep. Northern Monkey is fine though the jumps are way too big for me. Can go over to flytipper maybe via Charlie Bronson. There's a bit of climbing back from Winterfold but can push on the steep bits if you're on the Status.

Blind Danny Johnson

Postby Blind Danny Johnson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 21:06 pm

I'll defo be on the Status as that's the only bike I have at the moment. Think I'll bank this as a plan for Sunday and check back Sat eve to see if a) the weather has made it pointless and b) who wants to join. Maybe we can meet at some point around the Northern Monkey area if you and others want to do some other stuff first while I fart around on the wedgie stuff. By the way what hill are the wedgie runs on? Pitch?

deadkenny

Postby deadkenny » Thu Jan 03, 2013 21:12 pm

Wedgie is Pitch along with the switchback one left of it, the other stuff further left by the bench and apparently there's one more further still. No idea on the names but they've got big gaps and stuff. Then the stuff to the right that I have no idea of the names either. In fact Wedgie is just what I was told when first shown it and I bet it's known as something else.

Anyway, yeah will see who's up for what.

deadkenny

Postby deadkenny » Thu Jan 03, 2013 21:32 pm

Oh, and it's dig day Sunday on Yoghurt Pots (so that will be closed obviously) - http://hurtwoodtrails.co.uk/693/2013-dig-day-dates/

I keep saying I'll do one of these. I did express an interest in volunteering but it's always on ride days. I should get involved to give something back really. Though I do donate to the 'friends'. Suspect for this one you'd need waders as the 'pots' will be waist full of water!

Blind Danny Johnson

Postby Blind Danny Johnson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 22:30 pm

deadkenny wrote:Wedgie is Pitch along with the switchback one left of it, the other stuff further left by the bench and apparently there's one more further still. No idea on the names but they've got big gaps and stuff. Then the stuff to the right that I have no idea of the names either. In fact Wedgie is just what I was told when first shown it and I bet it's known as something else.

Anyway, yeah will see who's up for what.

Not bothered about wedgie to be honest but the one to the left and also the one with the gaps are what I want to ride. Hopefully it'll be worth it on Sunday. Might try it out anyway just because I'm bored of Swinley. This winter has been shite!

arigold

Postby arigold » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 am

I'm up for Surrey Hills and helping out on Sunday...not sure if I will be useful though :p

Blind Danny Johnson

Postby Blind Danny Johnson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:45 pm

arigold wrote:I'm up for Surrey Hills and helping out on Sunday...not sure if I will be useful though :p

Sweet. Looks like there'll be a few of us :)

cooldad

Postby cooldad » Fri Jan 04, 2013 17:31 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
And mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I don't do smileys.

Parktools

Blind Danny Johnson

Postby Blind Danny Johnson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 19:00 pm

Just to clarify I'll be Surrey Hillsing on Sunday but starting at whatever the car park half way up Pitch by the wedgie runs is called and doing runs on whichever fun tracks I can find, ending probably on BKB, but pushing up each time. So basically no big riding loops and if a track is running nicely, doing it a few times over. Would be good to ride with whoever wants to join i.e. Milko9000, Arigold and Deadkenny (maybe Cooldad) so far.

However if you guys want to do a loop and get some miles under your belts then maybe we could meet up at some point anyway and session something fun ie Northern Monkey or whatever. Anyway guys let me know what you think and I'll PM you my number.

deadkenny

Postby deadkenny » Fri Jan 04, 2013 19:19 pm

The dig stuff is unlikely as that's a whole morning and a bit taken up. If they did it tomorrow then would be much better, but they keep picking the day people are up for riding.

Tomorrow, may or may not be out, and/or some possible minor fettling I might or might not do. Maybe.

cooldad

Postby cooldad » Fri Jan 04, 2013 19:44 pm

Have to be at the airport earlier than the crack of sodding dawn tomorrow, so might just veg when I get home. Sunday sounds OK as long as it's not hosing down.
What sort of time are you planning BDJ?
I don't do smileys.

Parktools

milko9000

Postby milko9000 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 20:00 pm

I hear Will's heading for the Hills on Saturday if anyone's keener on that option. My sniffle appears increasingly to be manflu which might put me off doing either day at this rate. But I wanna ride I wanna I wanna! Haven't been on the bike since mid-December, it's driving me mad.

Return to “MTB Rides”