KHS XCT-556 ---- Jan 2013 Pg. 5

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)
maxspeed76

Re: '11' KHS XCT-556 ---- Couple New Parts 18/5

Postby maxspeed76 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:29 am

Hi m8 noticed you were from walsall and just wondered where that is you are riding on in above video(the videos on page 1 of this thread)?

Cheers m8.

P.s, By the way nice bike!!

sanchez89

Re: '11' KHS XCT-556 ---- Couple New Parts 18/5

Postby sanchez89 » Tue May 22, 2012 22:16 pm

maxspeed76 wrote:Hi m8 noticed you were from walsall and just wondered where that is you are riding on in above video(the videos on page 1 of this thread)?

Cheers m8.

P.s, By the way nice bike!!

cheers matey. those 2 videos were filmed on a cheeky trail that is blatently obvious and well used over on the Monkey trail at Cannock Chase.
2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
Clank wrote:M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.

sanchez89

Couple of photo's

Postby sanchez89 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 16:12 pm

Seeing as it was my b'day yesterday and the weather had been pretty decent for the past few days i thought it would be worth a little ride out over Cannock.

Went off-piste for a nice little change and rode a few trails id never done before. for those of you that know your way over cannock's natural side, how nice is Alex's trail!!!!

Once i was finished with that, especially after i found the FC had been p*ssing about with my branches all over my fav stuff.
I went over towards Tackeroo, and thought it was worth retracing the route of the XC race i did back in March, i couldnt believe the difference.

Conditions couldnt have been worse back in March, with rain, sleet, hail and a bit of snow for good measure, the trail was like a bog. Yesterday was basically dry, a few puddles in odd places but still great fun. Not worrying about people overtaking also made me appreciate just how good a route it actually was.

got a couple of pictures of the bike and a bit of singletrack that just made me stop and look.

Blackberry camera doesnt do it justice but better than nothing. its narrower than it looks, real good fun.

Clank wrote:M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.

sanchez89

C-Guide Fitted and Ready

Postby sanchez89 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:28 am

Due to Rd4 of Gravity Enduro next month at Eastridge i thought i should get some form of chain retension system.

Due to not having any ISCG mounts or any spacers between BB cups and frame i was limited in my choices, the fact i run a double up front means the guide needs to be the type that allows the chain to move through the full range of gears.

after doing research i found the perfect solution, Bionicon C-Guide.

Quite expensive for what it is but after fitting and riding over an extremly wet and muddy Cannock Chase i can say it works superbly. I cant feel any extra resistance from the guide and it is completely silent, even with a grotty chain running through it. It has basically removed all chain slap and made running fast over rough ground much more confident.

Plyphon

Re: KHS XCT-556 ---- C-Guide fitted!

Postby Plyphon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:20 am

where did you buy yours? I really want one !

Briggo

Postby Briggo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 14:28 pm

Plyphon wrote:where did you buy yours? I really want one !

Google is your friend

sanchez89 wrote:Bionicon C-Guide.

Plyphon

Postby Plyphon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 16:48 pm

Briggo wrote:

Google is your friend

Yes but I'm not sure if you are aware but there are many shops in the world, some more reputable than others.

on top of this, Bionicon stock in the UK is sometimes hard to source, and that has been especially true with the V2 C-Guide.

A lot of shops list stock, but don't actually have physical stock in their warehouse.

The purpose of asking where he got it from is to find out who has stock the easier way.

I mean.... if that's okay? Google can only tell me so much.

sanchez89

Postby sanchez89 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 am

Plyphon wrote:
Briggo wrote:

Google is your friend

Yes but I'm not sure if you are aware but there are many shops in the world, some more reputable than others.

on top of this, Bionicon stock in the UK is sometimes hard to source, and that has been especially true with the V2 C-Guide.

A lot of shops list stock, but don't actually have physical stock in their warehouse.

The purpose of asking where he got it from is to find out who has stock the easier way.

got mine from http://www.walkerscycling.co.uk i phoned them up before ordering to check they had stock, said they had just that minute received a fresh shipment.

Plyphon

Postby Plyphon » Tue Jul 17, 2012 15:41 pm

sanchez89 wrote:
Plyphon wrote:
Briggo wrote:

Google is your friend

got mine from http://www.walkerscycling.co.uk i phoned them up before ordering to check they had stock, said they had just that minute received a fresh shipment.

Thank you :)

Cat With No Tail

Postby Cat With No Tail » Tue Jul 17, 2012 17:38 pm

I got my old Edison from Walkers too. An absolute pleasure to deal with they are.

You can also buy them direct from Bionicon UK if you email them off their webby.

I've had mine on for a few months now and I'm surprised at how long the polymer thing lasts.

maxspeed76

Re: Couple of photo's

Postby maxspeed76 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 08:34 am

Where have the SPD's gone buddy have you reverted back to flat's?
sanchez89 wrote:Seeing as it was my b'day yesterday and the weather had been pretty decent for the past few days i thought it would be worth a little ride out over Cannock.

Went off-piste for a nice little change and rode a few trails id never done before. for those of you that know your way over cannock's natural side, how nice is Alex's trail!!!!

Once i was finished with that, especially after i found the FC had been p*ssing about with my branches all over my fav stuff.
I went over towards Tackeroo, and thought it was worth retracing the route of the XC race i did back in March, i couldnt believe the difference.

Conditions couldnt have been worse back in March, with rain, sleet, hail and a bit of snow for good measure, the trail was like a bog. Yesterday was basically dry, a few puddles in odd places but still great fun. Not worrying about people overtaking also made me appreciate just how good a route it actually was.

got a couple of pictures of the bike and a bit of singletrack that just made me stop and look.

Blackberry camera doesnt do it justice but better than nothing. its narrower than it looks, real good fun.

sanchez89

Re: Couple of photo's

Postby sanchez89 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 18:17 pm

maxspeed76 wrote:Where have the SPD's gone buddy have you reverted back to flat's?

due to the sh!tty weather we were having i had gone to flats for then.

iv been back on the spd's over the past 3 weeks to try and get confident on them, but i just cant seem to get 'into' them. never feel as good as flats, and riding in slippy slidey tight muddy singletrack was a joke.

my shoes arent brilliant so that may not be helping, but i no flats are a pretty safe bet, and they will be defo going on for the Garvity Enduro in the next few weeks.

sanchez89

Re: KHS XCT-556

Postby sanchez89 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 am

haven't updated this in a while, and quite a bit has happened since July aswell.

After a seatpost out too far incident i ended up snapping the top of the seat tube off, that had to be re-welded back on but it was pretty out of shape so its quite hard to slide a seat post up and down now. good job iv got a dropper post then!

KS Lev really is a game changer, no more getting off and dropping post for descents or trying to climb in a less than ideal position. I think everyone should have 1.

Gone is the Schwalbe rubber, which were pants, and on with some Black Chili Conti's. Rubber Queen on the front and an X King on the back. loads more grips in virtually every condition iv ridden in. (virtually everything expect snow)

also when i serviced the Rev i managed to rip one of the foam rings so had to replace them and while i was at it i took out the air piston to see if there was an all-travel spacer present. and there was!

so now im running at 150mm on the front. looks a bit slacker and from the little pedal round i had it feels different too.

as im currently building the 29er this bike will now become my 'gravity assited' bike, so the 50mm stem will go back on and it will be used for some DH and maybe a few enduro's again this year.

will put some pics up soon to show the bike as it stands now.

sanchez89

Picture time

Postby sanchez89 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 16:53 pm

Ok just been out and got a few pics before it gets really dark.

as you can see the Lev remote fits in nicely as it replaces one of the inner ODI lock on collars. working superbly so far, it has seen its fair share of mud and grit and nothing has given it a problem yet.

the forks probably don't look massively different on the picture but stood next to it you can see how much bigger they look.

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”