Lance Armstrong gets life ban,loses 7 TDF,confesses he doped

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
iainf72

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby iainf72 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 15:08 pm

Oh dear, it sounds like Lance's lawyers have quit
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 16:04 pm

Dave_1 wrote:all done. Move on folks. Joke of a sport

All done. Move on. - Couldn't agree more. Still as true today as when you first said it.

Joke of a sport. - Can't agree, at all, with that. Because some people cheat at a sport doesn't make the sport itself bad. C'mon, it's bike racing. What's wrong with racing bicycles? :? I just don't see how you can put forth the idea that, because someone cheated at a sport, that that somehow taints the idea of the sport itself. The sport is not responsible for people cheating, people are responsible for people cheating. People cheat at Monopoly but that doesn't make Monopoly an evil thing.

deejay

Postby deejay » Fri Jan 11, 2013 16:11 pm

dennisn wrote:
deejay wrote:Not like some on this forum who still love their fanboy.
From Texas Monthly wrote:And then, the inevitable crash of reality. The string of rumors that stuck to his cycling cleats eventually pulled the fabric of his legend apart and we were left with nothing more than what appeared to be a just another greedy, lying,intimidating bully who didn’t care what or who stood in the way of him getting his. Truly heartbreaking for those who wanted to believe that he could be a clean champion in a dark age of doping.

I don't read much fanboy into the Texas Monthly thing. Sounds more like a realistic view. Or did I take your intent wrongly?

It was meant for the digestion of the fanboys who still need their Hearts broken.
A realistic comment coming from a Texas magazine that might just about penetrate their thick skulls. (especially the scottish nit)

Bakunin

Postby Bakunin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 16:28 pm

dennisn wrote:

All done. Move on. - Couldn't agree more. Still as true today as when you first said it.

Joke of a sport. - Can't agree, at all, with that. Because some people cheat at a sport doesn't make the sport itself bad. C'mon, it's bike racing. What's wrong with racing bicycles? :? I just don't see how you can put forth the idea that, because someone cheated at a sport, that that somehow taints the idea of the sport itself. The sport is not responsible for people cheating, people are responsible for people cheating. People cheat at Monopoly but that doesn't make Monopoly an evil thing.

The people who have cheated have made it a joke. It is professional wrestling on wheels. It has no credibility at all. It is something to laugh at, it is very hard to take seriously. Shame.

I want my kids to ride bikes, I'd rather they race something else.

rockmount

Postby rockmount » Fri Jan 11, 2013 16:50 pm

Dave_1 wrote: Tygart alluded to having met Lance Armstrong and WADA said there is precedent to reopen cases. In my opinion the banned for life thing will be undone ....

Anything's possible .. Saint David to run WADA, Bertie to do the treble, and Vino to defend his Olympic title .. who knows ?
.. who said that, internet forum people ?

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 16:51 pm

Bakunin wrote:
dennisn wrote:

The people who have cheated have made it a joke. It is professional wrestling on wheels. It has no credibility at all. It is something to laugh at, it is very hard to take seriously. Shame.

I want my kids to ride bikes, I'd rather they race something else.

Cheating is in all sports and games. Because Marion Jones or Ben Johnson cheated at track and field you don't want your kids to compete in anything like that? Using that kind of thinking doesn't sound very encouraging for your kids in sports.

sherer

Postby sherer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 18:50 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:Brian Cookson worried that Armstrong's going to try to justify himself by claiming that its impossible to win the Tour clean, and thereby tainting Bradders

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ak-silence

He's going to say that all pros dope, isnt he..

Apparently LA rang up Lemond and said the same to him that he couldn't have won the tour clean as that wasn't possible. Lemond eventually told him he didn't know what he was talking about and hung up. Says a lot about LA and his views on drugs which rumour has his entire career has been based on

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 21:08 pm

sherer wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:Brian Cookson worried that Armstrong's going to try to justify himself by claiming that its impossible to win the Tour clean, and thereby tainting Bradders

Apparently LA rang up Lemond and said the same to him that he couldn't have won the tour clean as that wasn't possible. Lemond eventually told him he didn't know what he was talking about and hung up.

If true, do you really think that Lemond, or anyone, is so stupid as to not know what someone is talking about? Especially about drugs?

You call me and tell me you can't compete without drugs and I answer "huh, I don't understand what your saying". Please, I think Greg might take offence at you basically calling him an idiot.

rob churchill

Postby rob churchill » Fri Jan 11, 2013 21:12 pm

dennisn wrote:
sherer wrote:

Apparently LA rang up Lemond and said the same to him that he couldn't have won the tour clean as that wasn't possible. Lemond eventually told him he didn't know what he was talking about and hung up.

If true, do you really think that Lemond, or anyone, is so stupid as to not know what someone is talking about? Especially about drugs?

You call me and tell me you can't compete without drugs and I answer "huh, I don't understand what your saying". Please, I think Greg might take offence at you basically calling him an idiot.

"I don't know what you're talking about" can have the sense of "you're talking nonsense", at least this side of the Atlantic. But I suspect what was meant was that Lemond said to Armstrong "You don't know what you're talking about".
Last edited by rob churchill on Fri Jan 11, 2013 21:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.

sherer

Postby sherer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 21:14 pm

dennisn wrote:
sherer wrote:

Once again you totally see the wrong side of what someone was saying. Lemond called LA an idiot for not understanding that the tour can be won clean as that is what Lemond did

pomtarr

Postby pomtarr » Fri Jan 11, 2013 23:46 pm

Gazzetta67 wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/news/15264/8387620/

Millar thinks the Oprah thing will be "Stage Managed"

Armstrong's 1st answer along the lines of ..... A BIG boy made me do it and ran away 8)

Where were Millar's comments from? I saw them repeated on the BBC, Guardian and Sky Sports websites, but no source...
"Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Fri Jan 11, 2013 23:50 pm

definitely didnt just almost fall for a cyclismas thing.... :oops:
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

dougzz

Postby dougzz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 06:00 am

No tA Doctor

Postby No tA Doctor » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:19 am

iainf72 wrote:Oh dear, it sounds like Lance's lawyers have quit

Come on Iain, don't leave us dangling. Flesh this one out a bit.
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

Steve Abraham's attempt at the year record

dennisn

Postby dennisn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 13:51 pm

dougzz wrote:They think he will admit the doping
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cy ... w/1828311/

Everyone on this forum seems to want him to confess but if he does and is forgiven(of sorts), by the various doping organizations, doesn't that mean that he could still participate in various events? And isn't that exactly what ALL OF YOU don't want? Maybe I was right when I said "Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it". :? :?

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 14:16 pm

Until you ve turned your cod psychology onto Armstrong so we can see how good you are next week I don't think you should make any assertions about what we think or don't think.
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

OCDuPalais

Postby OCDuPalais » Sat Jan 12, 2013 14:17 pm

Hey Greased - I'm sensing Dennis is getting mighty het up and is nicely poised for a massive handbag*... with bells on. Have you a suitable one lined up?

*I reckon the Oprah show could be the tipping point...

Dave_1

Postby Dave_1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 14:19 pm

dougzz wrote:They think he will admit the doping
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cy ... w/1828311/

he will admit doping his whole career. Will be light on detail but will throw 3 or 4 under the bus. Will be back in tri in 2 years when detailed it all to Travis. My prediction.

greasedscotsman

Postby greasedscotsman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 14:31 pm

OCDuPalais wrote:Hey Greased - I'm sensing Dennis is getting mighty het up and is nicely poised for a massive handbag*... with bells on. Have you a suitable one lined up?

Hmm, not really. Haven't really been following this thread too much as I'm not so interested in the whole thing anymore (and I'm sure people won't believe me). I'll have to see what I can come up with, although I'm not sure Dennis will understand it, being a 'Merican.

OCDuPalais

Postby OCDuPalais » Sat Jan 12, 2013 14:59 pm

greasedscotsman wrote:
OCDuPalais wrote:Hey Greased - I'm sensing Dennis is getting mighty het up and is nicely poised for a massive handbag*... with bells on. Have you a suitable one lined up?

Hmm, not really. Haven't really been following this thread too much as I'm not so interested in the whole thing anymore (and I'm sure people won't believe me). I'll have to see what I can come up with, although I'm not sure Dennis will understand it, being a 'Merican.

Perhaps you're right.
Recommending viewing the entire work of Vic and Bob would help explain, but probably throw up too many further complications. On the other hand, this gives an opportunity for a gratuitous reminder of still possibly one of the finest ever bits of Photoshopping in an attempt to partially explain...

Return to “Pro Race”