Lance Armstrong gets life ban,loses 7 TDF,confesses he doped

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 15:07 pm

ddraver wrote:Until you ve turned your cod psychology onto Armstrong so we can see how good you are next week I don't think you should make any assertions about what we think or don't think.


I don't really care about LA. You guys are the people who interest me. LA doesn't talk to me, communicate with me, or even know I exist. You guys, on the other hand, DO those things. I'm interested in people I can talk to. Sure it gets contentious at times but at least it's somewhat honest between us. Just how honest do you think it will be between LA and Oprah? :?

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17380
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby ddraver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 15:41 pm

So prove you psychic ability then dennis! Or can you not?

Sounds like you re, making excuses already...

You have no idea what we think so you re interest is based on as much fiction as your interest in Armstrong. I really would have thought it would have been easier just to admit you made a mistake really but hey ho.
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 16:09 pm

ddraver wrote:
Sounds like you re, making excuses already...

You have no idea what we think so you re interest is based on as much fiction as your interest in Armstrong. I really would have thought it would have been easier just to admit you made a mistake really but hey ho.


Excuses for what, or is it for whom? Who could possibly care if I even had an excuse for LA?

Mistakes? I make them all the time. If you're saying that I have made a mistake or two or three or .... about LA then you're right on the money. Right along with the rest of you I've pondered, wondered, put thoughts out there, asked questions, posted my theories, called people names, and claimed I knew what had happened or, worse, what was going to happen. Mistakes? You bet. I look upon myself as having made more mistakes in life than correct decisions. I think that's fairly normal for most people. In any case if you're not making mistakes you're obviously not doing anything.

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17380
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby ddraver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 16:12 pm

So do you accept that you know naff all about what we think or how we feel then?
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 16:25 pm

ddraver wrote:So do you accept that you know naff all about what we think or how we feel then?


Absolutely. I don't think I ever intended it to be more than speculation or theory. Just like all your ideas about what LA thinks and feels. Or what I think and feel. Like I mentioned before, I have a friend(of 55 years) whom I'm still not sure about his thought processes. :? :?

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17380
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby ddraver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 16:28 pm

Good, fine - can you stop trying to tell us what we think all the time then?

Thanks, good man!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
No tA Doctor
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 am
Contact:

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby No tA Doctor » Sat Jan 12, 2013 16:36 pm

dennisn wrote:
ddraver wrote:So do you accept that you know naff all about what we think or how we feel then?


Absolutely. I don't think I ever intended it to be more than speculation or theory.


That's not how it came across to me.

Firstly it was fairly offensive to be lumped into a single group, defined only by some sort of vague attitude to Armstrong, despite that being an extremely narrow common ground between some hugely disparate personalities.

Secondly, you never seemed to listen when we told you your theories were inaccurate, or when we went to the trouble of communicating how we actually felt and why.

It was contentious, annoying, ignorant and arrogant and deserves a better response than "I was just speculating".
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

Steve Abraham's attempt at the year record

User avatar
Nick Fitt
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 09:38 am

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby Nick Fitt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 17:11 pm

Did I miss something?


"An investigation currently is underway in Europe to explore Armstrong's relationship with the International Cycling Union (UCI), and how UCI might have enabled or aided Armstrong's doping ring. If Armstrong provided assistance to that investigation, it likely would be considered in reducing his ban."

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby Richmond Racer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 17:26 pm

Nick Fitt wrote:Did I miss something?


"An investigation currently is underway in Europe to explore Armstrong's relationship with the International Cycling Union (UCI), and how UCI might have enabled or aided Armstrong's doping ring. If Armstrong provided assistance to that investigation, it likely would be considered in reducing his ban."



Its the Independent Commission with Tanni G-T innit

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 17:53 pm

ddraver wrote:Good, fine - can you stop trying to tell us what we think all the time then?



Sure can. The same time everyone else stops telling me what LA or myself thinks. Fair enough???? :wink:
Question. Are "what if's", "ridiculous ideas", and "conspiracy theories" still allowed?

Got to warn you though, it could get awfully boring here.

Think I've said this before too. Little do you see that your thoughts of me are my savior(paraphrasing Willie Nelson).
Last edited by dennisn on Sat Jan 12, 2013 18:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jerry3571
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 20:38 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby jerry3571 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 17:55 pm

Global Cycling Network interview with David Walsh-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-HVzkBTzA0

Jerry

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby Richmond Racer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 18:08 pm

---

Deleted - double post in 'Lance to admit' thread
Last edited by Richmond Racer on Sat Jan 12, 2013 19:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philbar72
Posts: 1247
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 21:34 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby philbar72 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 18:19 pm

is it your intention to return the prize money you "earned".... how on earth does that work... if he doped (i know, I know), then he did not earn it!!!!.

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17380
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby ddraver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 18:20 pm

dennisn wrote:
ddraver wrote:Good, fine - can you stop trying to tell us what we think all the time then?



Sure can. The same time everyone else stops telling me what LA or myself thinks. Fair enough???? :wink:
Question. Are "what if's", "ridiculous ideas", and "conspiracy theories" still allowed?

Got to warn you though, it could get awfully boring here.

Think I've said this before too. Little do you see that your thoughts of me are my savior(paraphrasing Willie Nelson).


Don't recall anyone suggesting what LA thinks. What he might do maybe...not the same thing though is it

Whereas you give us detailed insights into our own thoughts..

Prove it or stop it
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
jerry3571
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 20:38 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby jerry3571 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 18:32 pm

Question to Lance- Did your first Wife leave you as she got fed up with having the EPO vials next to the Milk in the fridge?

That would get me annoyed too!

Article below-

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087 ... 67250.html

Jerry

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 18:33 pm

ddraver wrote:
dennisn wrote:
ddraver wrote:Good, fine - can you stop trying to tell us what we think all the time then?



Sure can. The same time everyone else stops telling me what LA or myself thinks. Fair enough???? :wink:
Question. Are "what if's", "ridiculous ideas", and "conspiracy theories" still allowed?

Got to warn you though, it could get awfully boring here.

Think I've said this before too. Little do you see that your thoughts of me are my savior(paraphrasing Willie Nelson).


Don't recall anyone suggesting what LA thinks.


I'm at a complete loss for words with your statement.
Think I'll browse a few of the previous posts on this subject and see IF I can come up with a few quotes from people claiming to know what LA thinks. Is it just me or do I recall seemingly hundreds of posts about LA's "state of mind", if you will?

User avatar
iainf72
Posts: 15162
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby iainf72 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 18:37 pm

jerry3571 wrote:Question to Lance- Did your first Wife leave you as she got fed up with having the EPO vials next to the Milk in the fridge?

That would get me annoyed too!

Article below-

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087 ... 67250.html

Jerry


You obviously missed the part where she dished out dope to the riders so I doubt she would've minded.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17380
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby ddraver » Sat Jan 12, 2013 18:40 pm

dennisn wrote:
ddraver wrote:
dennisn wrote:
ddraver wrote:Good, fine - can you stop trying to tell us what we think all the time then?



Sure can. The same time everyone else stops telling me what LA or myself thinks. Fair enough???? :wink:
Question. Are "what if's", "ridiculous ideas", and "conspiracy theories" still allowed?

Got to warn you though, it could get awfully boring here.

Think I've said this before too. Little do you see that your thoughts of me are my savior(paraphrasing Willie Nelson).


Don't recall anyone suggesting what LA thinks.


I'm at a complete loss for words with your statement.
Think I'll browse a few of the previous posts on this subject and see IF I can come up with a few quotes from people claiming to know what LA thinks. Is it just me or do I recall seemingly hundreds of posts about LA's "state of mind", if you will?


God only knows what you recall - you don't appear to recall years of posting your LA fanboi-isms on here (or at least you expect that we ve forgotten).
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
jerry3571
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 20:38 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby jerry3571 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 18:45 pm

iainf72 wrote:
jerry3571 wrote:Question to Lance- Did your first Wife leave you as she got fed up with having the EPO vials next to the Milk in the fridge?

That would get me annoyed too!

Article below-

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087 ... 67250.html

Jerry


You obviously missed the part where she dished out dope to the riders so I doubt she would've minded.


Just makes making a cup of Tea rather hazardous. Also, I'm sure his kids like a cup of milk from time to time.
"Sh1t, was that Milk or hardcore drugs on your Cheerios Max??" :lol:

Jerry

User avatar
dennisn
Posts: 10104
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 20:46 pm

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 TDF wins,gets lifetime ba

Postby dennisn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 19:50 pm

ddraver wrote:Don't recall anyone suggesting what LA thinks.


Dug up a few items that would seem to say that the author knows what LA thinks and how his mind works.

Lance is fundamentally selfish. - frenchfighter
He really, really doesn't give a damn what people think of him. - Chrisonabike
Lance cares only about himself. - bakunin
If he admits it, it will only be to benefit himself. - iain72

There are more but the above would suggest that more than a few people are "suggesting what LA thinks".


Return to “Pro Race”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kajjal and 4 guests