It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
User avatar
DonDaddyD
Posts: 12032
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:58 pm

It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby DonDaddyD » Wed Jan 16, 2013 13:40 pm

So it kicked off over in the Bottom Bracket:
Rule 7 is an ar$e
and
Apology from Pinarello001

Not sure what went down but I find myself making a backstory to it. Was anyone there, what went down?

Also what I do find interesting is Pinarello's comments about poaching in Africa - now I know the Chinese Industry has focused its trading onto Africa for a few years now, I am also aware of the Eastern part of the Worlds ability to consume with a level of disregard not shared by the West and Africa's track record of selling off its natural resouces for a quick buck. I'm actually interested in hearing what Pinarello was refering to. So if anyone not banned has any insight or knowledge on this then please share.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

User avatar
Kieran_Burns
Posts: 9834
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 13:14 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Kieran_Burns » Wed Jan 16, 2013 13:46 pm

Oh that.

Two storms one cup.

A thread was started for no other reason than to post drivel which rapidly became a thread to up post counts (hence Rule 7)

The other one was a thread where the aforementioned P001 made some pretty nasty comments about all Chinese based on the actions of a few (folk medicines and how they were procured: baby rhino having its horn removed while it was alive was the graphic one I recall). The Chinese equivalent of saying all black people are criminals - imagine the furore if that was genuinely posted .
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Sewinman
Posts: 1997
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 14:19 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Sewinman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 13:52 pm

Test:

Scottish people are tight fisted.

User avatar
TailWindHome
Posts: 10575
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 08:57 am

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby TailWindHome » Wed Jan 16, 2013 13:56 pm

Kieran_Burns wrote:The Chinese equivalent of saying all black people are criminals - imagine the furore if that was genuinely posted .



I'm not sure that is a fair characterisation of what was posted, but then I can't remember exactly what was posted and the thread has been deleted.
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"

User avatar
rubertoe
Posts: 3965
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 17:14 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby rubertoe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:01 pm

Who cares.

Its the Bottom Bracket for a reason.

Do we need to know about it here?
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Graham.
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 16:06 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Graham. » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:04 pm

Sewinman wrote:Test:

Scottish people are tight fisted.



Unfare test as Scottish people are tightfisted! :twisted:

User avatar
meanredspider
Posts: 9943
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 15:24 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby meanredspider » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:06 pm

Graham. wrote:
Sewinman wrote:Test:

Scottish people are tight fisted.



Unfare test as Scottish people are tightfisted! :twisted:


I'm saying NOTHING. I'm English and it's over 250 miles to the border! :shock: :wink: :D
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

User avatar
TailWindHome
Posts: 10575
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 08:57 am

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby TailWindHome » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:10 pm

Graham. wrote:
Sewinman wrote:Test:

Scottish people are tight fisted.



Unfare test as Scottish people are tightfisted! :twisted:


Test 2

English people can't spell.
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"

User avatar
Kieran_Burns
Posts: 9834
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 13:14 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Kieran_Burns » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:11 pm

meanredspider wrote:
Graham. wrote:
Sewinman wrote:Test:

Scottish people are tight fisted.



Unfare test as Scottish people are tightfisted! :twisted:


I'm saying NOTHING. I'm English, it's over 250 miles to the border and no one will lend me the train fare! :shock: :wink: :D



FTFY.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

User avatar
Kieran_Burns
Posts: 9834
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 13:14 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Kieran_Burns » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:12 pm

TailWindHome wrote:
Kieran_Burns wrote:The Chinese equivalent of saying all black people are criminals - imagine the furore if that was genuinely posted .



I'm not sure that is a fair characterisation of what was posted, but then I can't remember exactly what was posted and the thread has been deleted.


Hyperbole.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

User avatar
Greg66 Tri v2.0
Posts: 6978
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:28 am

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Greg66 Tri v2.0 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:13 pm

I want to know who the new and anonymized "Bikeradar Moderator" is. A total of two posts, both locking threads.

Has Rick treated himself to a second account? I thought that was a BR no-no.
Swim. Bike. Run. Yup, that's definitely what I'm supposed to be doing.

Bike 1
Bike 2
Bike 3

User avatar
Rick Chasey
Lives Here
Posts: 28584
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 15:34 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Rick Chasey » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:19 pm

Whatever it is greg, it's all a big conspiracy. I think the new forum world order are involved.

User avatar
Greg66 Tri v2.0
Posts: 6978
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:28 am

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Greg66 Tri v2.0 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:25 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:Whatever it is greg, it's all a big conspiracy. I think the new forum world order are involved.


You know, I was thinking about those looney tunes this morning. The BBC website has some stills of the heli crash this morning. One was taken from the top of the MI6 building. No doubt taken by the spotter who was guiding the aim of the bloke who brought the heli down with a SAM, obviously...
Swim. Bike. Run. Yup, that's definitely what I'm supposed to be doing.

Bike 1
Bike 2
Bike 3

User avatar
Kieran_Burns
Posts: 9834
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 13:14 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Kieran_Burns » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:26 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that bit.

Everyone hates Rick. Again.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

suzyb
Posts: 3286
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 16:26 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby suzyb » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:38 pm

Sewinman wrote:Test:

Scottish people are tight fisted.

Yes we are. And proud of it.

Kieran_Burns wrote:
meanredspider wrote:
Graham. wrote:
Sewinman wrote:Test:

Scottish people are tight fisted.



Unfare test as Scottish people are tightfisted! :twisted:


I'm saying NOTHING. I'm English, it's over 250 miles to the border and there are no trains this far north! :shock: :wink: :D



FTFY.

FTFFY

User avatar
DonDaddyD
Posts: 12032
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:58 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby DonDaddyD » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:46 pm

Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Whatever it is greg, it's all a big conspiracy. I think the new forum world order are involved.


You know, I was thinking about those looney tunes this morning. The BBC website has some stills of the heli crash this morning. One was taken from the top of the MI6 building. No doubt taken by the spotter who was guiding the aim of the bloke who brought the heli down with a SAM, obviously...
I thought the same thing especially as no company has stepped forward and said "that was our chartered helicopter"....

Also Rich Chasey's new name is 'Kim Jong Richard' lol!
Food Chain number = 4



A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

User avatar
meanredspider
Posts: 9943
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 15:24 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby meanredspider » Wed Jan 16, 2013 14:47 pm

sort of suzyb wrote:I' there are no trains this far north! :shock: :wink: :D


Yes we do - except........

Image
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

User avatar
Rick Chasey
Lives Here
Posts: 28584
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 15:34 pm

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Rick Chasey » Wed Jan 16, 2013 15:36 pm

DonDaddyD wrote:
Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Whatever it is greg, it's all a big conspiracy. I think the new forum world order are involved.


You know, I was thinking about those looney tunes this morning. The BBC website has some stills of the heli crash this morning. One was taken from the top of the MI6 building. No doubt taken by the spotter who was guiding the aim of the bloke who brought the heli down with a SAM, obviously...
I thought the same thing especially as no company has stepped forward and said "that was our chartered helicopter"....

Also Rich Chasey's new name is 'Kim Jong Richard' lol!


I'm so wronrey. ...

User avatar
Greg66 Tri v2.0
Posts: 6978
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:28 am

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby Greg66 Tri v2.0 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 15:46 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:
DonDaddyD wrote:
Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Whatever it is greg, it's all a big conspiracy. I think the new forum world order are involved.


You know, I was thinking about those looney tunes this morning. The BBC website has some stills of the heli crash this morning. One was taken from the top of the MI6 building. No doubt taken by the spotter who was guiding the aim of the bloke who brought the heli down with a SAM, obviously...
I thought the same thing especially as no company has stepped forward and said "that was our chartered helicopter"....

Also Rich Chasey's new name is 'Kim Jong Richard' lol!


I'm so wronrey. ...


*So* racist.
Swim. Bike. Run. Yup, that's definitely what I'm supposed to be doing.

Bike 1
Bike 2
Bike 3

User avatar
TailWindHome
Posts: 10575
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 08:57 am

Re: It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

Postby TailWindHome » Wed Jan 16, 2013 16:08 pm

Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:
DonDaddyD wrote:
Greg66 Tri v2.0 wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Whatever it is greg, it's all a big conspiracy. I think the new forum world order are involved.


You know, I was thinking about those looney tunes this morning. The BBC website has some stills of the heli crash this morning. One was taken from the top of the MI6 building. No doubt taken by the spotter who was guiding the aim of the bloke who brought the heli down with a SAM, obviously...
I thought the same thing especially as no company has stepped forward and said "that was our chartered helicopter"....

Also Rich Chasey's new name is 'Kim Jong Richard' lol!


I'm so wronrey. ...


*So* racist.


For sure.
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"


Return to “Commuting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IC., MrSweary, prowlbass, rower63, sswiss and 10 guests