My new ride Stumpy 11 Elite with tweaks

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)
jimtorch

Re: My new ride Stumpy 11 Elite with tweaks

Postby jimtorch » Mon Nov 05, 2012 14:37 pm

Super Dee wrote:Great looking bike.

The flux is a decent saddle, a bit like the Charge Spoon but just a tad more forgiving (my dad has one on his KHS).

I am a right Spesh fan so am well impressed by your bike.

Cheers Super Dee, to be honest, I wasn't sure about the bike for initially for some reason maybe something to do with me normally liking more stealthy looking black bikes (you can see it ain't exactly stealthy!) but the more i ride it and look at the spec of it the more i realise how good and capable it is. i've just gone down to a 70mm stem seemed to have just got the cockpit properly set up nicely.
I bought it for £1600 from a bloke who'd got it on the bike to work scheme and then got bored. I think it was a reasonable price although i've probably spent another £400 on bits and bobs for it including a new dropper post (awesome) so i've still managed to blow a couple of grand in total which really wasn't the plan!

In fairness, its probably more bike than i can ever out ride so i just need to enjoy it now :D
bird, bird, bird, birds the word

Super Dee

Postby Super Dee » Mon Nov 05, 2012 14:41 pm

I know what you mean, my Camber Expert is red and white and not the colour scheme I'd have chosen (I liked the black and green Elite tbh) but the price was way to good to ignore!

I am thinking of getting a Spesh Command post actually as I am finding it hard to think of stuff to do as the Camber suits my riding so well. BUT, I have haven't ever left an MTB stock since my first one back in '86!

I love the stickers btw, I had some done for my road bike too.

BTW, you aren't the only overbiked person out there so don't worry!

jimtorch

Re: My Stumpjumper Elite a few new pics

Postby jimtorch » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Just some updated photos with the KS dropper post, Carbon rock guard and a bit of mudguard prototypage! :D

Still can't help thinking it'd look nicer in black though..which is a problem and also thinking of changing the Haven bars to some Renthal Fatbar Lites, any info??
It'll probably stay as it is for the time being (spent too much cash over Chrimbo!) but its ready for our little Welsh jolly at the end of the month, Friday Llandegla then over night stay and hitting CyB on the Saturday morning then back all in time to wake up in my own bed on Sunday morning. Can't be bad eh?

bird, bird, bird, birds the word

funkybaj

Postby funkybaj » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 am

Nice bike :)

I've a 2011 Stumpy Comp, also considering some Fatbar Lite's so will be interested to hear how you get on.
Transition Bandit

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”