What turbo sessions ?

When drugs don't work: training and health tips!
mamba80

Re: What turbo sessions ?

Postby mamba80 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 14:50 pm

i like TTR s posts - they r thought provoking and lead to discussion - would be a sad world if we all just towed the line and went yes-siri at everything we r supposed to do.

Repeated hard interval training, whether out on the road or on a turbo is linked to surpressed immune response, isnt it?
IME Semi hardness has an increased risk of poor performance and dented pride - or i ve read :)

Froomes Edgar

Postby Froomes Edgar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 14:56 pm

Nothing a well placed thumb can't remedy

ilovegrace

Postby ilovegrace » Sat Jan 19, 2013 16:48 pm

Well,thanks for that !!
Anyhow great link from herbsman as for the rest of it , way over my head.
thanks again
ILG

Trev The Rev

Postby Trev The Rev » Sat Jan 19, 2013 17:52 pm

mattshrops wrote:
You obv know some dumbass people. OR your brain works like the daily mail. These "people" who do these stupid things are probably immigrants and were responsible for killing lady di, oh and dont forget 18 feet of snow is on the way.
BTW i used to go to the toilet by feel but now i need my powermeter to tell me when to sh@t.

My family are immigrants, we came over in 1066. I read the Times, The Telegraph, Shooting Times and Horse & Hound, so I find your comments offensive. The only people I know who read the Mail are new money types who had to buy their own Purdey, can't control their dogs and don't own a horse.

dgstewart

Postby dgstewart » Sat Jan 19, 2013 21:40 pm

Trev The Rev wrote:Training in an area where children have been in the last 48 hours is almost certainly going to expose you to life threatening disease. Keep any training area clear of these beasts. Also avoid teachers who come into contact with children on a daily basis.

Wife = teacher.
Kids = yes, 2 of the "beasts", aged 3 and 4.
Bad habit = finishing off the kids' yoghurts/rice puddings/etc with their own spoons... :roll:

What chance do I have then... :lol:!? A minor miracle that I get through each year with just 2 or 3 colds!

Trev The Rev

Postby Trev The Rev » Sat Jan 19, 2013 23:50 pm

dgstewart wrote:
Trev The Rev wrote:Training in an area where children have been in the last 48 hours is almost certainly going to expose you to life threatening disease. Keep any training area clear of these beasts. Also avoid teachers who come into contact with children on a daily basis.

Wife = teacher.
Kids = yes, 2 of the "beasts", aged 3 and 4.
Bad habit = finishing off the kids' yoghurts/rice puddings/etc with their own spoons... :roll:

What chance do I have then... :lol:!? A minor miracle that I get through each year with just 2 or 3 colds!

Children should be deprived of puddings, if you must give them yoghurt it should be full fat with no added sugar or flavourings. A world War 2 diet is best for children, if you must give them pudding get the cook to make a proper suet pudding. I take it you will send them off to a proper school soon. In the mean time get the nanny to make them eat everything off the plate so you don't get tempted to eat their left overs.

Return to “Training, Fitness and Health”