Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
LutherB

Re: Puerto trial

Postby LutherB » Fri Feb 08, 2013 16:29 pm

Hehehe, and my cat is now called Classicomano

chrisday

Postby chrisday » Fri Feb 08, 2013 16:50 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:The way most people are so quick to condemn and almost avaricious in 'hunting someone down' (I'm not specifically talking about BR, its all over the place). It shows one of the less pleasant aspects of the human character, almost revelling in the more sordid side of our sport. And to dress this up as 'only wanting the truth so that the sport can start to heal?' Nah. Dont try to paint it up as altruisism, or try to put lipstick on it. For many its something else altogether, almost a 'gotcha! bagged another!' level of glee

^ This +1,000,000. RR, please award yourself some form of prize - this is the whole thing, in a nutshell, eloquently put.

Well done - please take the rest of the day off :)

BigMat

Postby BigMat » Fri Feb 08, 2013 17:00 pm

LutherB wrote:
He explained that it is better not to go into the details and make bigger stories when asked if he would say to the critics, “I’m clean.”

“To go into the details will make bigger stories, because then there’s more and more and it starts the avalanche. It affects me, it affects the team, it affects the sponsors,” said Cancellara. “I heard from Tim [Vanderjeugd] our press officer yesterday. He said, ‘Hey, it’s just a weird world now.’”

You'd almost think that it would be easier to just answer "no" to that question? :?

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 17:01 pm

TailWindHome wrote:Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters

Ok, I didn't want to tell anyone, but I named my dog Luigi. Which is odd for a female Wheaten Terrier, but there you have it. Luigi.

Is this some sort of a joke?
Contador is the Greatest

No tA Doctor

Postby No tA Doctor » Fri Feb 08, 2013 17:10 pm

frenchfighter wrote:
TailWindHome wrote:Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters

Ok, I didn't want to tell anyone, but I named my dog Luigi. Which is odd for a female Wheaten Terrier, but there you have it. Luigi.

Is this some sort of a joke?

Given the prevalence of dog names in Puerto it probably is. Perhaps Vaughters was displaying cargo-cult rationality - mistaking the symbol for the result with no understanding of the mechanism between?
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

Steve Abraham's attempt at the year record

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 17:23 pm

If so that is poor taste but I wouldn't expect much more from that joker.
Contador is the Greatest

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 17:31 pm

Have there been any codenames linked to a cat named Pongo, because I'd really like to be provisionally suspended from hockey so I don't have to go to Aberystwyth next week.
Twitter: @RichN95

johnboy183

Postby johnboy183 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 17:37 pm

^^ would you deny it first? Come out fighting your accusers? Or just meekly accept the findings and come clean to years of dodgy practices?

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 17:40 pm

johnboy183 wrote:^^ would you deny it first? Come out fighting your accusers? Or just meekly accept the findings and come clean to years of dodgy practices?

I'll do a 'Mancebo' and announce my retirement - with the possibility of changing my mind later.

(Booking a trip to Vienna last week just adds to my guilt if you ask me)

mididoctors

Postby mididoctors » Fri Feb 08, 2013 18:01 pm

ddraver wrote:Canc is one of the riders on a list of whom if they were revealed as dopers, Id find it very difficult to continue watching this sport...

hmmm bit naive me thinks ...I suspect you are in for disappointment there
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

jerry3571

Postby jerry3571 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 18:32 pm

Just a side issue; I did hear an article on the radio where a Racehorse from the USA was tracked down to a Meat Factory in Europe. Racehorses are suppose to be full of naughties so could we be apologising to Mr Contador for not eating Steak but instead eating his favourite brand of Beef Lasangne from his local Supermarcado?? :lol:

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 18:42 pm

jerry3571 wrote:Just a side issue; I did hear an article on the radio where a Racehorse from the USA was tracked down to a Meat Factory in Europe. Racehorses are suppose to be full of naughties so could we be apologising to Mr Contador for not eating Steak but instead eating his favourite brand of Beef Lasangne from his local Supermarcado?? :lol:

Was it a famous racehorse? Because I'd pay a decent amount of money to eat some of the horses I've lost money on at Cheltenham over the years.
I imagine it will be seen as bad taste if I wear a Findus jacket to the Gold Cup this year.

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 18:45 pm

If you're of a certain age, you might have read Eddy B's training manual for cyclists.

He recommended eating horse.

And not going to nightclubs because people smoked a lot.

That's all I can remember
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

No tA Doctor

Postby No tA Doctor » Fri Feb 08, 2013 19:08 pm

Rich - on fire tonight. :lol:
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

Steve Abraham's attempt at the year record

jerry3571

Postby jerry3571 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 19:24 pm

RichN95 wrote:
jerry3571 wrote:Just a side issue; I did hear an article on the radio where a Racehorse from the USA was tracked down to a Meat Factory in Europe. Racehorses are suppose to be full of naughties so could we be apologising to Mr Contador for not eating Steak but instead eating his favourite brand of Beef Lasangne from his local Supermarcado?? :lol:

Was it a famous racehorse? Because I'd pay a decent amount of money to eat some of the horses I've lost money on at Cheltenham over the years.
I imagine it will be seen as bad taste if I wear a Findus jacket to the Gold Cup this year.

I think this Racehorse was clocked at an amazing at 56mph!!! That was in the back of Tescos Lorry on the M6. :wink:

Jerry

Here's the link just in case anyone thinks I made it up; I think it's this programme about the American Racehorse (warning the woman on here is the poshest woman on Radio and the programme is a bit boring and about food which is boring too. :) ).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... r_scandal/

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Fri Feb 08, 2013 23:13 pm

After all the shenanigans on here the past few days I have to give Mr Stokes some credit for this (on the Canc subject):-

Shane Stokes ‏@SSbike
@inrng I haven't written anything on it as it's simply rumour...so no trial here. My suggestion was simply speaking practically

Good to see! Well played Shane!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Fri Feb 08, 2013 23:54 pm

Gazzetta della Sporto is going to be uncomfortable reading for Cipolini tomorrow it would appear!

Daniel Friebe ‏@friebos
Gazzetta's front page pic.twitter.com/vrhOClvT: "In Cipollini's magic 2002, Fuentes prescribed him EPO, transfusions and hormones."
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

LutherB

Postby LutherB » Sat Feb 09, 2013 08:01 am

That and his other crimes

Blazing Saddles

Postby Blazing Saddles » Sat Feb 09, 2013 08:34 am

ddraver wrote:Gazzetta della Sporto is going to be uncomfortable reading for Cipolini tomorrow it would appear!

Daniel Friebe ‏@friebos
Gazzetta's front page pic.twitter.com/vrhOClvT: "In Cipollini's magic 2002, Fuentes prescribed him EPO, transfusions and hormones."

Unfortunately in Italian, not on their English bit:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/09-02-2 ... 4063.shtml

Put super into Mario, not unleaded.
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Dave_1

Postby Dave_1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 09:38 am

Yet another icon of the sport shown as a doper. Never much liked him. I believe McEwen was clean and should get the world title reassigned to him and medal + jersey

Return to “Pro Race”