Most cost effective way to add Powertap Hub to wheel

When drugs don't work: training and health tips!
ziglar

Most cost effective way to add Powertap Hub to wheel

Postby ziglar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 19:21 pm

I've just bought a wired Powertap Hub (32h) and was wondering what the most cost effective way would be to get this on to my bike?

I have Fulcrum 5's on it at the moment and really only want to change the rear. Should I buy a hub and spokes or buy a full wheel?

What is the typical cost of fitting the hub to an existing wheel?

Maybe someone has a half decent, spare 32h rear wheel they are looking to shift on.

Thanks

Froomes Edgar

Re: Most cost effective way to add Powertap Hub to wheel

Postby Froomes Edgar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 19:26 pm

Buy new rim and spokes. You'll need new spokes regardless, so all you'd be saving is the cost of the rim - I'd rather have a spare wheel.

Bigpikle

Re: Most cost effective way to add Powertap Hub to wheel

Postby Bigpikle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 21:36 pm

assuming yo will be training on this PT wheel, I'd suggest getting a pro wheelbuilder to simply build you a new wheel using a quality training rim and spokes - something that will take a lot of miles and a bit of abuse, and that will be fairly cheap.

You could also look at the upgrade to get the hub converted to a wireless unit, although from memory its not cheap, but might be worth it dependin on what you paid. You might need to send it for a rebuild and new bearings etc anyway if its been used a fair bit, and get the upgrade and everything done at the same time by Paligap?
Your Past is Not Your Potential...

Return to “Training, Fitness and Health”