Mr Stinks

Want to show off your latest bit of Bling?
Or just want to show of the love of your Life ;)
mrmonkfinger

Re: Mr Stinks

Postby mrmonkfinger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 08:38 am

Just looking at the thru axle for the rear, is it a 150mm hub, or 142/135?

Still think this is an awesome bargain, you lucky so and so...

DCR00

Postby DCR00 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 09:00 am

its a 135 hub, but yeah bolt through (in black now, not gold)

New brakes and springs have been fitted. Getting 27% sag now no problem.

Wed is launch day (will take some pics then)

DCR00

Postby DCR00 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 19:30 pm

First outing today at Stile Cop

TBH this is going to be a pretty boring post as there isnt much i would change about this bike. Its awesome. Maybe switch the rear tyre for another DHF, and change the rear mech as the shifting is insanely tight, but apart from that it rocks. I was hitting jumps i would never have done previously (ok not that high, but high for me), and its so maneuverable. Wasnt that impressed with the first run, but as i started to speed up, the bike came alive.

If it wasn't dark and i wasnt f*cked from pushing the bike back up that blasted hill, i would still be there.

Roll on Friday and Antur

* Edit - the Deore brakes are brilliant. No bleeding needed, epic power straight out of the box.

Thewaylander

Postby Thewaylander » Thu Feb 28, 2013 13:36 pm

Dude,

What size is it out of interest? Looking around i see alot of small 15" for sale, and tryign figure if i can ride them, being that i nomally ride a medium sort 17" bike hmmm

Ps most jealous was thinking of having a punt and i thought it went ;)

DCR00

Postby DCR00 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 13:49 pm

16.5. I would normally ride a 17-18 inch, but this fits fine.

ilovedirt

Postby ilovedirt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 19:23 pm

Glad you're enjoying it, big bikes really do come alive when you start pushing them a bit more! Heavy beasts though those stinkies, but pretty reliable, few mates have them and they're tanks.
Saracen Ariel 151

B'Twin Triban 5

DCR00

Postby DCR00 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 20:53 pm

Spent the day at Antur. Great way to spend a Friday.

No crashing this time, and did the Blue and Red all day (cant decide which i like more, the speed of the blue, or the technical element of the Red).

Things of note

The DHR is going. It was all over the place under heavy braking, and def compromised handling at times.

The forks are pretty good, to a point. Very similar to my Sektors (before i tweaked them) i.e. great until things get dicey, then they start to give up. Repeated hits created quite a harsh ride on the last hit, which i think is a rebound issue. The Comp adjustment works, but the circuit seems more suited to high speed as even when it was "locked out", i was still getting brake dive, and when i loosened it off, it became far more compliant on bigger hits. Will be looking into getting the RCV dampers for them. Also struggled to get full travel, but that's prob more my riding than the forks...

Chain snapped just before lunch (on the links i think) and then skipped for the rest of the day, so chain and cassette are going.

Rear shock is really very good. Was going to replace (since i couldn't service myself), but its actually quite good, so i may suck it up and spend the money to get it serviced.

All in all this is an epic bike. So stable at speed, and even had me doing the jumps at the end (turn right after the bridge). Counting the hours till i can ride it again.

I'm aching all over :D

PashleyRider

Postby PashleyRider » Fri Mar 01, 2013 21:23 pm

Bargain steed, looks good too! Glad you are abusing it. I have had 2 Stinkys in the past, both very capable machines

Pesky Jones

Postby Pesky Jones » Wed Apr 10, 2013 09:33 am

bit off topic, but saw this on Pinkbike, looks like a pretty similar specced bike as yours, but for almost double the price!

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/9324194/

DodgeT

Postby DodgeT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 am

DCR00 wrote:TBH this is going to be a pretty boring post as there isnt much i would change about this bike....

DCR00 wrote:The DHR is going.
Will be looking into getting the RCV dampers for them.
chain and cassette are going.
spend the money to get it serviced.

Welcome to the world of DH bikes :)

Have to let us know when your next over the cop.

DCR00

Postby DCR00 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 20:47 pm

after 6 short months Mr Stinks has gone to a new home

at a profit no less !

Has been sacrificed for a beefier trail frame. Current front runner is an Intense Tracer.

Watch this space

Return to “Your Mountain Bikes”