Cyclists don't matter?

Serious discussion of cycling issues
mrbubbaman
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 18:08 pm

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby mrbubbaman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 09:36 am

mybreakfastconsisted wrote:
mrbubbaman wrote:
Zingzang wrote:
mrbubbaman wrote:I've dealt with quite a few accident's involving cyclists, some fatal and on most occasions it's been the cyclists fault.
Cyclists do matter, but some of them don't do themselves any favors

Your experience doesn't reflect the bigger picture; in fact quite the reverse (http://road.cc/content/news/12065-repor ... cent-cases). Prejudice is blind, though, after all.

I can only go on my experience, which covers a period of 5 years


Which cases? What were the incidents, where in most cases you are claiming the cyclist was at fault?



All jobs that I have attended at work. They involve cyclists going too fast , not watching, or taking a risk. Some have been fatal, but most just minor injury.
My experience may not reflect the bigger picture, I'm just saying what I have seen.

mybreakfastconsisted
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 18:01 pm

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby mybreakfastconsisted » Wed Mar 06, 2013 13:02 pm

I know, you said that, I wondered if you could cite the incidents and name the cyclists, link to a report of what happened, because your claims are wildly at odds with all the published evidence?

mrbubbaman
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 18:08 pm

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby mrbubbaman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 14:35 pm

mybreakfastconsisted wrote:I know, you said that, I wondered if you could cite the incidents and name the cyclists, link to a report of what happened, because your claims are wildly at odds with all the published evidence?

of course I can't, I'd lose my job and my claims aren't wildly at odds at all (I haven't attended every single cyclist accident, nor have I claimed to)
if there are 10 accidents and I attended the 5 where the cyclist was at fault and you attended the 5 where they weren't, our experiences would both differ wouldn't they?

mybreakfastconsisted
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 18:01 pm

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby mybreakfastconsisted » Wed Mar 06, 2013 21:25 pm

You wouldn't lose your job if you posted a link to a newspaper report. It's interesting that you're now claiming blame between cyclists and drivers after a collision is now 50/50. It isn't. Take a look at the link posted upthread:

Report in to DfT casualty stats says cyclists not to blame in 93 per cent of cases


So you are claiming special knowledge that refutes published evidence. But you can't show any of it.

mrbubbaman
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 18:08 pm

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby mrbubbaman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:10 am

I give up! I can't post any reports and I don't have access to any news articles, I was just posting about what I have experienced, I don't need to back it up here.
A news article won't give you the facts about what happened any way.

I've not said it's 50 50, are you just trying to be thick?

I'm not going to post anymore on this, you are free to carry on as you are.

User avatar
natrix
Posts: 1629
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 09:46 am

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby natrix » Fri Mar 08, 2013 16:11 pm

Goodbye Mr Bubbaman :D

It's not just cyclist who don't matter, if a copper kills a motorcyclist whilst on her mobile phone, they don't even get prosecuted :evil: :evil:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/1 ... le/?ref=nt

User avatar
Pross
Posts: 15204
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby Pross » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:10 am

mrbubbaman wrote:I give up! I can't post any reports and I don't have access to any news articles, I was just posting about what I have experienced, I don't need to back it up here.
A news article won't give you the facts about what happened any way.

I've not said it's 50 50, are you just trying to be thick?

I'm not going to post anymore on this, you are free to carry on as you are.


It's a shame you won't post again as I would really like to know how you assessed blame in these circumstances. If you are a police officer then I would assume your investigations would filter down onto the STATS19 forms which would be interesting as that is a key factor used in producing the DfT report. If this isn't the case then I am at a loss to work out what inside knowledge your job could give you that an investigating officer would not have access to.

User avatar
litwardle
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 15:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby litwardle » Thu Mar 14, 2013 15:17 pm

Why is everyone giving Mr Bubberman a hard time! If he does work for an emergency service then of course he can't discuss individual incidents. Nor can he post links to articles as that is the same thing! He didn't say the research was wrong did he? He just comment on his own personal experiences adding to the grown up conversation that was going on.

Citing POLCACC's where an officer is at fault is very much witch hunting btw!

Danlikesbikes
Posts: 3871
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 22:10 pm

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby Danlikesbikes » Thu Mar 14, 2013 17:07 pm

doublem_1 wrote:Did the guy get anything for having his front windows tinted? It's illegal. Bet he didn't.


He didn't have his front windows tinted, he had the side ones tinted - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/mo ... 99206.html

Being pedantic I know & not trying to cause and argument but your point is still valid as the law states must let through 75% of light to the front windows & 70% side to the side - https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

As you can see the penalties are pretty low though :(
Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.

User avatar
Pross
Posts: 15204
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Cyclists don't matter?

Postby Pross » Fri Mar 15, 2013 21:00 pm

litwardle wrote:Why is everyone giving Mr Bubberman a hard time! If he does work for an emergency service then of course he can't discuss individual incidents. Nor can he post links to articles as that is the same thing! He didn't say the research was wrong did he? He just comment on his own personal experiences adding to the grown up conversation that was going on.

Citing POLCACC's where an officer is at fault is very much witch hunting btw!


That makes no sense though. If he is a paramedic or fire fighter who attends accident scenes then he is in no position to ascertain fault whilst if he is in the police and actively involved in investigating cause he would feed that back into the very data that was used for the source of the report so he must work in some sort of rare hotspot where cyclists are more at fault in accidents.


Return to “Campaign”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests