Raleigh? Yeah, Raleigh!!

Show off your bikes here...
ethanhayes

Re: Raleigh? Yeah, Raleigh!!

Postby ethanhayes » Tue Feb 19, 2013 18:37 pm

fujisst wrote:LOL! Glad to be a source of motivation for you guys. That I have my saddle tilted a particular way; that I have my bars tilted a particular - twists peoples' underwear into a bunch. Or is it that I won't capitulate to your pressure? I'll go with the latter.

This has been a most humorous study of human (some) nature.
The world is populated with so many of you - that find it impossible to not appreciate differences, nor can you accept that someone is finding success in a manner you can not. Totally amazing the attitudes the anonymity of the web facilitates. Y'all take a break from the seriousness of yourselves and go for a pleasant and relaxing bike ride...Peace. :-)

This thread (more specifically this post) is golden.

ethanhayes

Postby ethanhayes » Tue Feb 19, 2013 18:42 pm

Jesus christ! How many times am I going to do done this forum wrong!

Anyone offering internet lessons?

rsands

Postby rsands » Tue Feb 19, 2013 19:28 pm

fujisst wrote:LOL! Glad to be a source of motivation for you guys. That I have my saddle tilted a particular way; that I have my bars tilted a particular - twists peoples' underwear into a bunch. Or is it that I won't capitulate to your pressure? I'll go with the latter.

This has been a most humorous study of human (some) nature.
The world is populated with so many of you - that find it impossible to not appreciate differences, nor can you accept that someone is finding success in a manner you can not. Totally amazing the attitudes the anonymity of the web facilitates. Y'all take a break from the seriousness of yourselves and go for a pleasant and relaxing bike ride...Peace. :-)

I am still keen to hear your views or reasoning for that setup. Seems you dont want to share this new though that breaks every rule known to fitters.

On your latest post..which again avoids a kind and pleasent explanation of your setup which i am keen to hear (incase i am missing the boat on something big here...)
- Don't worry your not twisting my underwear into a bunch...more than likely the stomach muscles
- "Attitudes of anonymity" - dont be stupid...if I was standing beside you I would ask you the same questions.
- Appreciating differences - im all open for appreciating something if you would care to detail your thoughts on why the tilt makes it comfy.

Garry H

Postby Garry H » Tue Feb 19, 2013 19:52 pm

Looks like it's been cobbled together by someone that knows nowt about road bikes. Even the bar tape looks all wrong.

Garry H

Postby Garry H » Tue Feb 19, 2013 19:53 pm

ethanhayes wrote:Jesus christ! How many times am I going to do done this forum wrong!

Just hit "submit" once. That should do it. Deallt? :wink:

fujisst

Postby fujisst » Tue Feb 19, 2013 20:12 pm

Hmmmm - ADD, while not contagious, can be hereditary and thus leads me to believe... :lol:

Anyway, I don't owe, nor is anyone entitled to an explanation as to why I ride with my saddle or bars in their current positions. Suffice to say how I orient them is the most comfortable for me - and that's all that really matters, folks. For your own sanity, try accepting that.

This dialogue has been fun and amusing, but the novelty and intrigue has worn off. I might post some additional photos if/when I can get around to it. Don't hold your breath though... :wink:

rsands

Postby rsands » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 pm

intoxicated with the exuberance of your own verbosity rings a bell with your posts.

mate chill your head...a friendly bit of info was all we are after. want to be a stuck up cyclist that thinks he has something over other forums users...grow up would ya

limoneboy

Postby limoneboy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:42 pm

To be fair this is much worse , i mean 7k and set up like this the bar are higher than the seat ! and all those extras , it must be holding its head in shame i a shed somewhere :shock:

last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1

ethanhayes

Postby ethanhayes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 19:54 pm

Garry H wrote:
ethanhayes wrote:Jesus christ! How many times am I going to do done this forum wrong!

You mean you you don't have to do the ritual of shouting, swearing and hitting submit as many times as you can when posing on bikeradar? :(

Safe to say dwi teimlo fel a right idiot :lol:

upperoilcan

Postby upperoilcan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 08:18 am

limoneboy wrote:To be fair this is much worse , i mean 7k and set up like this the bar are higher than the seat ! and all those extras , it must be holding its head in shame i a shed somewhere :shock:

Lol agreed, Tis a waste of a great bike. :D
Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.

Garry H

Postby Garry H » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:41 am

ethanhayes wrote:
Garry H wrote:

You mean you you don't have to do the ritual of shouting, swearing and hitting submit as many times as you can when posing on bikeradar? :(

Safe to say dwi teimlo fel a right idiot :lol:

Nah, you're thinking of work.

Garry H

Postby Garry H » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 am

limoneboy wrote:To be fair this is much worse , i mean 7k and set up like this the bar are higher than the seat ! and all those extras , it must be holding its head in shame i a shed somewhere :shock:

Who's is that?

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 pm

You can't actually know that there is anything wrong with this bike (except maybe the blob on the stem and the pump) without seeing the owner. All it needs is someone with very short legs and a long torso and the bar position could quite possibly generate a racy riding position. The point is that, however unlikely, it is possible for someone with a fairly conventional skeleton to sit on that bike as it is and do it justice.

Whereas it is hard to believe that anyone with a normal skeleton could be optimised on the OPs setup.......
Faster than a tent.......

norwichdanny

Postby norwichdanny » Sun Mar 17, 2013 03:39 am

Ha ha ha my favorite thread by far!!

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Sun Mar 17, 2013 06:58 am

Love the colours. Colnago do a black and green model don't they?

Slowandsteady

Postby Slowandsteady » Sun Mar 17, 2013 16:00 pm

I don't see many extras on the bianchi.

Lights- good idea
Saddle bag - good idea
Pump - good idea
Drink holder - good idea

Where's he went wrong?
Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Sun Mar 17, 2013 21:01 pm

Slowandsteady wrote:I don't see many extras on the bianchi.

Lights- good idea
Saddle bag - good idea
Pump - good idea
Drink holder - good idea

Where's he went wrong?

Lack of mudguards

Slowandsteady

Postby Slowandsteady » Sun Mar 17, 2013 21:10 pm

Yellow Peril wrote:

Lights- good idea
Saddle bag - good idea
Pump - good idea
Drink holder - good idea

Where's he went wrong?

Lack of mudguards

Ah, you're coming at it from a different angle than the others? You think there should be more. You could have a point. Doubt it's a commuter though.
Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Sun Mar 17, 2013 21:24 pm

Slowandsteady wrote:
Yellow Peril wrote:

Lights- good idea
Saddle bag - good idea
Pump - good idea
Drink holder - good idea

Where's he went wrong?

Lack of mudguards

Ah, you're coming at it from a different angle than the others? You think there should be more. You could have a point. Doubt it's a commuter though.

Oh I don't know. Squint and I'm sure it looks like a well appointed Brompton.

MountainMonster

Postby MountainMonster » Sun Mar 17, 2013 21:46 pm

This was an interesting read, most certainly. It seems this 'Fuji' person belongs at Cambridge University with the other eccentrics.

Return to “Your Road Bikes”