Cleaning out Camelbak Bladders/Tubes

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.
sickinthebin

Postby sickinthebin » Thu May 31, 2007 10:00 am

Hi All,

Sorry to flog a dead horse (or camel) but i've just got myself a new Camelbak too and have been checking the forum for info on cleaning and storing. Lots of votes for storing in the freezer and that sounds sensible to me but i just wanted to double check that you can safely remove the hose from the bladder.

It seems pretty securely attached and i thought i should check that it is designed to be removed before i employ my normal technique of charging straight in like a bull in a china shop (sorry about all the livestock analogies by the way)and ripping it off. Similar with the bite valve, should that be removed?

This thread seems to say you can, but better safe than sorry.

Ticaboy

Postby Ticaboy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:33 am

I bought the full cleaning kit with the drying hanger too. Can't see it wearing out too quickly, and has been designed to do the job in hand. It is a bit expensive for what it is, but keeps your Camelbak nice n clean, and mould-free. It's also cheaper than having to buy new bits for the Camelbak, and is certainly better than swigging a mouthful of mould-tanted fluid without you realising.

GT Expert 06

Return to “MTB General”