Heading to Yorkshire...

Discuss Off road routes, route conditions and the facilities here.
Andy B

Postby Andy B » Tue Jun 05, 2007 23:01 pm

Dalby forest, is very close by, the red route is superb.

map linky

Also look on SingletrAction's forum, they're the local trailbuilders.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><center><font color="green"><i>Official Forum Potty Mouth 2007</i></font id="green"></center></font id="size1"><font size="1"><hr noshade size="1"><center><font color="violet">My Flickr Album, With <b>new</b> updated bike pics</font id="violet">
<font color="green">Me & My Bikes</font id="green"> <font color="orange">Orange Bikes</font id="orange"> <font color="blue">Howies© </font id="blue"><font color="black">moredirt photo gallery</font id="black">
<font color="purple">'05 C2C Pic's, </font id="purple"><font color="red"> Red Bull Soap Box Race </font id="red"><font color="black">&</font id="black"><font color="brown"> Snowboarding Pics</font id="brown"></center></font id="size1">

Seagull

Postby Seagull » Wed Jun 06, 2007 07:28 am

The Cleveland hill have excellent natural biking. Black Hambleton is very good and Guisborough Woods are fantastic if you like technical sections. Have a look in my sig for some routes in the area, if you want more routes mail me and I will e-mail them to you.

my photos NYM biking routes My full Suss My Hardtail

creamsoda

Postby creamsoda » Wed Jun 06, 2007 15:53 pm

I second what Andy B says spent a happy week nearby Dalby Forest and the red route is superb. Also came across this website which might help was going to do one of the routes but the weather cr@pped out. You can also email the guy and he's extremely helpful.
http://www.mtb-routes.co.uk/northyorkmoors/default.aspx

Seagull

Postby Seagull » Wed Jun 06, 2007 17:44 pm

Just remembered the website I used when I first started years ago. www.muddybums.org IMO Dalbys worth a day out, but its very very corregraphed and the other stuff around here is worth doing just because of the scenery if nothing else. The natural stuff in the North Yorks Moors is some of the best in England, and shouldn't be missed. The terrain is steep valleys surrounded by endless undulating moorland tracks. If you can get a guide, then Guisborough Woods is better than Dalby.

my photos NYM biking routes My full Suss My Hardtail

Girth

Postby Girth » Fri Jun 08, 2007 07:49 am

All of the above, and apparently Boltby Woods is good for an exploration. If your in Thirsk its only a few miles away around Sutton Bank and the White Horse. If you just want a few hours riding without having to go far it might be a good option. I have not been myself but a few people have mentioned it to me as somewhere decent to try

pikeymc

Postby pikeymc » Sat Jun 09, 2007 21:51 pm

if you try no other route on the southern area of the moors then I suggest this one [:D], clicky below.

http://www.mtb-routes.co.uk/northyorkmo ... oute2.aspx

the route has some long climbs[:0], some rutty/rocky climbs[:(!] and three of the best downhills off the moors, one fast and hang on[8D], and two seat down/on the brakes/try not to fall down the quarry face type descents[:p].

all in all a great 3 - 5 hour introduction to the NYM.

Return to “Routes”