Thermal Jersey Fleece..worth getting it?

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
ricky1980

Thermal Jersey Fleece..worth getting it?

Postby ricky1980 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 22:33 pm

I have a fairly decent base layer and i wear a normal short sleeved jersey and then the Gore wind proof softshell over the top of that. I am just wondering if i need a thermal fleece to replace the jersey. I don't feel cold right now, but i expect the temperature to drop by another 10 degrees then it might be a different story.

Never had a thermal fleece jersey, as i always use to wear my normal baggy fleece on the outside which didn't really offer decent wind proof but kept me warm enough. But i am going down the route of wearing as tight fit (belly allowing) clothing so shall i get it? I suppose I can wait till it gets intolerably cold and then buy it if needed. But the problem is I want to get those jerseys from Cycling Monton and they seem to have a 21 day delivery regardless what you pay for the courier price. So i will probably be frozen by then :|

Oh, I commute about 20miles return trip a day and usually around 7:30-8:00 am in london so it's not in the highlands with Arctic condition. Weekend i do longer runs but start at the same time as I have issues getting enough sleep :wink:

any suggestions or advice?
Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg

Sprool

Re: Thermal Jersey Fleece..worth getting it?

Postby Sprool » Mon Nov 12, 2012 23:47 pm

treat yourself to a monton, they are surprisingly good quality for very little money.

smidsy

Re: Thermal Jersey Fleece..worth getting it?

Postby smidsy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 06:32 am

In winter you would probably benefit from a long sleeve base layer, long sleeve mid layer and then your long sleeve soft shell on top. This layering can then also be suplemented with a rain cape (packs up really small and sits in your back pocket), for those 'hard to judge' or changeable days.
Yellow is the new Black.

Return to “Road Buying Advice”