Which Go-Pro?

Discuss the eternal "Which fork/bike/tyres should I buy?" questions.
RyanWilson

Which Go-Pro?

Postby RyanWilson » Fri Nov 23, 2012 17:43 pm

Hey fellow bikers,
I'm wanting to spend some dosh and get hold of a Go-Pro to record my adventures and make mini films etc.
(I know there are alternatives out there but all ive heard about Go-pro cameras is positive)

I would preferably like a HD version and don't want to be spending more than around £180. (the new HERO 3 is, i believe out of my price range :( )

So the alternatives, HERO 2? ive surfed the web a bit but cant really understand the difference between a lot of them and make out the jump in prices.
Ill be using the go-pro to mount onto my helmet, both for biking and skiing and maybe everyday business.

Thanks guys, marvelous site!

RevellRider

Re: Which Go-Pro?

Postby RevellRider » Fri Nov 23, 2012 19:25 pm

Look at a HD Helmet Hero, they can be picked up quite cheap right now. It'll shoot in 1080p HD and comes with a bunch of mounts. http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/3541 ... -hd-camera

The HD Hero 2 has a faster, more powerful processor. This with a larger sensor means then camera can deal with changes in light faster but as you can understand are more expensive

Don't forget to factor in the price of memory cards

mikewoods

Postby mikewoods » Fri Nov 23, 2012 22:42 pm

GoPro hero 2 can be had around the £200 get a chesty mount rather than helmet mount - much more stable - love mine!

RandG

Postby RandG » Sat Nov 24, 2012 08:39 am

I got a HD Drfit after checking them all out, yes the new hero is probably the best out, but you won't be disappointed with the Drift and can be had for around £150

Return to “MTB Buying Advice”