Why was anti cycling article blocked?

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
Mikey23

Why was anti cycling article blocked?

Postby Mikey23 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 20:12 pm

Not wishing to be controversial here but curious. Seemed to be from today's press, relevant and an interesting basis for discussion but was 'locked' immediately... Why?

TheFD

Re: Why was anti cycling article blocked?

Postby TheFD » Fri Nov 23, 2012 20:22 pm

Mikey23 wrote:Not wishing to be controversial here but curious. Seemed to be from today's press, relevant and an interesting basis for discussion but was 'locked' immediately... Why?

Because it was posted multiple times...... :?
2013 - R872
2010 - Spesh Tarmac

nicklouse
Lives Here

Postby nicklouse » Fri Nov 23, 2012 20:39 pm

Mikey23 wrote:Not wishing to be controversial here but curious. Seemed to be from today's press, relevant and an interesting basis for discussion but was 'locked' immediately... Why?

Today's! press the date of the artical is the Sunday November 11,2012 and it has been done to death and if Trev the Rev was really interested in it why did he take 12 days to post it?

nothing to do with the artical. but the poster.
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

NewTTer

Postby NewTTer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 22:10 pm

nicklouse wrote:

Today's! press the date of the artical is the Sunday November 11,2012 and it has been done to death and if Trev the Rev was really interested in it why did he take 12 days to post it?

Surely proof enough as to what trev the revs agenda is so ban the bugger, he is making these boards miserable now.

Mikey23

Postby Mikey23 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 09:42 am

ok, point taken... i had misread the date of the article from the date on the left hand side which was not yesterday but 11th. It was the first time i had seen it, so where has it been done to death then? So a thread can be toasted according to who started it? interesting...

Charlie Potatoes

Postby Charlie Potatoes » Sat Nov 24, 2012 09:50 am

Mikey23 wrote: So a thread can be toasted according to who started it? interesting...

The thread was started by someone who has been trolling the forum a fair bit lately IMO

IMO this was another attempt at trolling.

From wikipedia
In Internet slang, a troll ( /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

ETA The quote from the original post.
Think this might wind a few people up on here.
"You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul

Trev The Rev

Postby Trev The Rev » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:55 am

nicklouse wrote:

Nocklous,

I first saw the article posted yesterday on timetrialling forum. I had no idea it had been on here before. For what it is worth I thought it a daft little article, but the interesting point is the way cyclists get so wound up by this sort of article.

You or other mods have also removed several of my posts.

Many abusive posts aimed at me have not been removed.

I have no wish to stay on a forum which censors my posts.

Too many people on here, including the mods, are unable to take a joke and take themselves far too seriously.

Trev.

jezzpalmer

Postby jezzpalmer » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:02 am

Bye then. :)

Beatmaker

Postby Beatmaker » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:58 am

Trev The Rev wrote:
nicklouse wrote:

Nocklous,

I first saw the article posted yesterday on timetrialling forum. I had no idea it had been on here before. For what it is worth I thought it a daft little article, but the interesting point is the way cyclists get so wound up by this sort of article.

You or other mods have also removed several of my posts.

Many abusive posts aimed at me have not been removed.

I have no wish to stay on a forum which censors my posts.

Too many people on here, including the mods, are unable to take a joke and take themselves far too seriously.

Trev.

You have to admit, you have amassed an impressive amount of nonsensical and provacative posts in a very short period of time. The mods have to think of the wider Bike Radar community, and the fact members may be turned off by your tiresome and ill researched input.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:04 pm

oh.......bye, we ll miss you so so much!

For future reference the Communters always beat us to articles like this, so it's always worth looking there first.
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

Mikey23

Postby Mikey23 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 17:28 pm

so my question remains - where else was this posted?
i dont wish to play devils advocate here and i certainly dont want to offend but i do find this a little bizarre. a person links an article and invites comment and the thread is immediately blocked on the basis that this is a probable troll from a known trouble maker. If i'm honest i find this quite troubling and more damaging to the members than the OP

right ive said my piece and now i will shut up ...

jezzpalmer

Postby jezzpalmer » Sat Nov 24, 2012 17:34 pm

Charlie Potatoes

Postby Charlie Potatoes » Sat Nov 24, 2012 17:44 pm

Mikey23 wrote:i dont wish to play devils advocate here and i certainly dont want to offend but i do find this a little bizarre. a person links an article and invites comment and the thread is immediately blocked on the basis that this is a probable troll from a known trouble maker. If i'm honest i find this quite troubling and more damaging to the members than the OP

Valid opinion Mikey. The trouble is it is subjective as to whether a post is trolling or not.
FWIW I find a little trolling on a forum can be entertaining but I have seen other forums descend into chaos when the moderators don't keep a lid on it.
"You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul

T.M.H.N.E.T

Postby T.M.H.N.E.T » Sat Nov 24, 2012 17:52 pm

Bye Trev

Mikey23

Postby Mikey23 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 18:47 pm

aaah... so it was in mountainbike the crudcatcher. silly of me not to look in there. might have had summat to do with the fact that i dont have a mountainbike. so eighteen posts and all so hardly done to death was it ...

jezzpalmer

Postby jezzpalmer » Sat Nov 24, 2012 18:48 pm

Could be elsewhere, I just searched for express.

Phil Fouracre

Postby Phil Fouracre » Sun Nov 25, 2012 18:21 pm

I'm new to all this, only been riding for forty years! sounds a little bit thin skinned to me - read the article, wee-wee poor journalism and in the Express, c'mon got to laugh

racingcondor

Postby racingcondor » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Bad journalism and the Express. Who knew! :lol:

Seriously I can't understand why anyone reads the Mail, Express or any of the 'official' red tops (with the possible exception of football results).

Re Trev the Rev. Just do what I did. Go into your settings and block his posts, he can't Troll a forum if no-one replys.

Return to “Road General”