Postby apriliarider » Mon Dec 10, 2012 20:29 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/cycl ... 23244.html

Doper in at the expense of Rodriguez :evil:

No no no !!!

ThomThom

Re: Katusha - WTF !!!!

Postby ThomThom » Mon Dec 10, 2012 20:36 pm

In expense?

Katusha is, together with BMC, OPQS and ASTANA, the team with most links to doping...

And has just been mentioned in the Ferreri case.
Last edited by ThomThom on Mon Dec 10, 2012 20:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apriliarider

Postby apriliarider » Mon Dec 10, 2012 20:38 pm

Point taken but still think its a pity that a convicted doper is in and Rodriguez is out

Will / can he move teams ???

Not to mention Team Evils' (Saxo) record / personnel :D

Bit harsh I think :?

Bakunin

Postby Bakunin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 02:35 am

apriliarider wrote:Point taken but still think its a pity that a convicted doper is in and Rodriguez is out

And which convicted doper would that be...the Garmin cheats, the Green Bullet, klodi...so many to pick.

Yellow Peril

Postby Yellow Peril » Tue Dec 11, 2012 07:25 am

Contador is a huge draw in cycling. WE actually need BOTH of them in to get the exciting racing we saw last year.

hstiles

Postby hstiles » Tue Dec 11, 2012 07:45 am

Can you imagine the FA unilaterally deciding to relegate Chelsea from the premiership, accompanied by a press release that states 'they have been relegated, they don't know why, we haven't told them, but we'll let them know in a few days. They can still apply for the championship.'

dougzz

Postby dougzz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 07:56 am

hstiles wrote:Can you imagine the FA unilaterally deciding to relegate Chelsea from the premiership, accompanied by a press release that states 'they have been relegated, they don't know why, we haven't told them, but we'll let them know in a few days. They can still apply for the championship.'

It's like my favourite dream

No tA Doctor

Postby No tA Doctor » Tue Dec 11, 2012 08:05 am

dougzz wrote:
hstiles wrote:Can you imagine the FA unilaterally deciding to relegate Chelsea from the premiership, accompanied by a press release that states 'they have been relegated, they don't know why, we haven't told them, but we'll let them know in a few days. They can still apply for the championship.'

It's like my favourite dream

:-) +1
“Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

Steve Abraham's attempt at the year record

LeicesterLad

Postby LeicesterLad » Tue Dec 11, 2012 08:07 am

Bakunin wrote:
apriliarider wrote:Point taken but still think its a pity that a convicted doper is in and Rodriguez is out

And which convicted doper would that be...the Garmin cheats, the Green Bullet, klodi...so many to pick.

^this

Whats the big deal about 'just' Contador. Nobody moaning that licences were dished out to Radioshack, Ivan Basso, Michele Scarponi and lampre et al, Valverde and the rest of Movistar, David Millar and his Garmin buddies...the list goes on and on and on. I also wouldn't be stupid enough to put money on Rodriguez being squeaky clean either.

ddraver

Postby ddraver » Tue Dec 11, 2012 09:02 am

Pretty meh about either team really.....
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

MrTapir

Postby MrTapir » Tue Dec 11, 2012 09:23 am

Have Tinkoff and Makarov got a bit of beef with each other? Does this mean Argos are in as well? I thought the last spot was out of Argos and Saxo...

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 09:39 am

MrTapir wrote:Have Tinkoff and Makarov got a bit of beef with each other? Does this mean Argos are in as well? I thought the last spot was out of Argos and Saxo...

Makarov reportedly a threat to Fat Pat for the presidency...Tinkoff and Makarov with any history?...does Riis have photos of FP doing something unmentionable with an Alpine goat and a bar of toblerone?

The plot thickens...

And yes, Argos are in. Everyone assumed Kathusha were getting the licence so it would be a question of 4 teams going for 3 spots. Then the UCI pulled the rug and booked Katusha.

RichN95

Postby RichN95 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 09:42 am

A bit like what the Scots did to Rangers you mean?
Twitter: @RichN95

moonshine

Postby moonshine » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 am

RichN95 wrote:

not quite a good example. Rangers know exactly why they are where they are now. (but whether they like it is another matter completely)
Rangers didn't pay the tax man PAYE or NI, and went bancrupt as a result. Rules (sanctions) for this required Rangers to start as a new club and work from the botton up.

Financial maladministration was at the core of the matter.

lostboysaint

Postby lostboysaint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:14 am

RichN95 wrote:

As has been said, that's not a good example.

Now if Chelsea were relegated because of their complete and utter failure to control their fans or players but no-one told them..............
Trail fun - Transition Bandit
Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur
Allround - Cotic Solaris

derbygrimpeur

Postby derbygrimpeur » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:20 am

Would love to see Chelsea relegated.

Back on topic, OP - are you sure Rodriguez is clean though? I'm not convinced. Dodgy team. Some rather "Not Normal" performances, hmmmm.

I'm not really bothered that much either way with Saxo. Not keen on Contador because I don't trust he's clean, but not much we can do that until one of his teammates blows the whistle in 10 years time...

ThomThom

Postby ThomThom » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 pm

Bu.. But his nickname is 'Purito'..!

nathancom

Postby nathancom » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 pm

UCI proves that it has no clue how to run a professional sport. Sure there are plenty of questions for Katusha to answer but how can a sport be run by such arbitrary decisions. This just encourages corruption. Hopefully a better professional structure will be brought in as a result of this...

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Galimzyanov's postive this year, Kolobnev's positive last year, same rider's selling of L-B-L to Vino, the unholy trinity of the conveyor belt of Tchmil-Holczer-Ekimov as manager in the last 4 years, Ekimov as Rider 11 in the USADA report, several riders implicated in the Padua investigation....

God knows I hate Riis and Tinkoff and distrust Bertie...but at some point there really is just taking the mickey

morstar

Postby morstar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:50 pm

nathancom wrote:UCI proves that it has no clue how to run a professional sport. Sure there are plenty of questions for Katusha to answer but how can a sport be run by such arbitrary decisions. This just encourages corruption. Hopefully a better professional structure will be brought in as a result of this...

This^

Thousands of reasons to boot any team you decide you don't like on any given morning. Governing a sport is supposed to be slightly more structured though.

Return to “Pro Race”