Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
Eddie72
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 08:01 am

Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby Eddie72 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:14 pm

According to Cyclismas, Wiggins had an interesting reaction to Rapha's concerns over how he conducts himself:


"A second email from Wiggins himself contained his comments to the Team Sky marketing staffer, who in turn forwarded them on to Rapha. “Would it make you c**ts happy if I whipped off my kit at press conferences first, stood f**king naked, and then fired off a couple of blue word bombs? Are you f**king kidding me? I’m a g**damned knight-in-waiting you stupid c**ts,” stated a more colorful section of the email."

tremayne
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 16:40 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby tremayne » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:19 pm

I'm sure that 99% are aware - but for the benfit of the remaining 1% (Eddie - I'm not saying its you) - please be aware that the Cyclismas content is pure fiction. Good fiction but still that.

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:22 pm

[quote="tremayne "]I'm sure that 99% are aware - but for the benfit of the remaining 1% (Eddie - I'm not saying its you) - please be aware that the Cyclismas content is pure fiction. Good fiction but still that.[/quote]


Debatable. Infantile and puerile are two alternative adjectives for it. Guess they've never got over Wiggins calling them amongst others 'anonymous w£^kers'...

Still, we all have different senses of humour.

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17355
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby ddraver » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:35 pm

Oh Eddie...Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.....

:D
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Rick Chasey
Lives Here
Posts: 28521
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 15:34 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:40 pm

Another one bites the dust.

lostboysaint
Posts: 3224
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:59 am

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby lostboysaint » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:41 pm

Am I really the only person that wishes it were true :)
Trail fun - Transition Bandit
Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur
Allround - Cotic Solaris

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:44 pm

Now he's a knight of the realm, there'll be no more of that rude language

Erm.... :lol:

tremayne
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 16:40 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby tremayne » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:44 pm

I'm pretty much with you to be honest. Very childish - but some of can be amusing. Their recent rant at Adam Hansen for bringing too much humour to his twitterings etc was amusing.

And yes, they have serious Wiggo issues. I see two reasons;

1/. They are americans and not all can understand british humour and irony, of which he has in abundance.
2/. He is currently the main man - which makes him a target

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:47 pm

tremayne wrote:I'm pretty much with you to be honest. Very childish - but some of can be amusing. Their recent rant at Adam Hansen for bringing too much humour to his twitterings etc was amusing.

And yes, they have serious Wiggo issues. I see two reasons;

1/. They are americans and not all can understand british humour and irony, of which he has in abundance.
2/. He is currently the main man - which makes him a target



And as I said he was including them in his diatribe during the Tour - as they are indeed amongst the characters who are at the heart of the doping accusations. You think if Ryder had won the Tour instead of the Giro he'd be the target? Nope. Cos they lurve Vaughters.

tremayne
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 16:40 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby tremayne » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:57 pm

Again, I agree. Would probably be a lot more gentle with the slipstreamers.

However, big Wig is a top ranked cyclist and as such is going to have to deal with this kind of rubbish as best he can - and hopefully not lose the plot too much! No way is it going away.

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:25 pm

tremayne wrote:Again, I agree. Would probably be a lot more gentle with the slipstreamers.

However, big Wig is a top ranked cyclist and as such is going to have to deal with this kind of rubbish as best he can - and hopefully not lose the plot too much! No way is it going away.



He and Sky are big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves, fer shure. The nastiness of the underlying tone just puts me off.

mroli
Posts: 3443
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 15:09 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby mroli » Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:50 pm

Richmond Racer wrote: You think if Ryder had won the Tour instead of the Giro he'd be the target? Nope. Cos they lurve Vaughters.

Oh yes. He's Canadian. If there's one thing the Americans LOVE, its having a pop at their Northern cousins...

Eddie72
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 08:01 am

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby Eddie72 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:44 pm

tremayne wrote:I'm sure that 99% are aware - but for the benfit of the remaining 1% (Eddie - I'm not saying its you) - please be aware that the Cyclismas content is pure fiction. Good fiction but still that.


Well I'd love to claim that of course I knew this was fiction but alas no :oops: I'll put it down to a prolonged New Year hangover

Thanks for putting me straight, I'll get my coat...

tremayne
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 16:40 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby tremayne » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:50 pm

10/10 for honesty!

User avatar
LeicesterLad
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 21:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby LeicesterLad » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:51 pm

Eddie72 wrote:
tremayne wrote:I'm sure that 99% are aware - but for the benfit of the remaining 1% (Eddie - I'm not saying its you) - please be aware that the Cyclismas content is pure fiction. Good fiction but still that.


Well I'd love to claim that of course I knew this was fiction but alas no :oops: I'll put it down to a prolonged New Year hangover

Thanks for putting me straight, I'll get my coat...


Very well admitted sir, bravo! :wink:

User avatar
mfin
Posts: 5080
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 21:46 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby mfin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 16:36 pm

If only the last person who made a mistake like this back in 'Cyclismasgate' was such a good sport eh :)
.

Richmond Racer
Posts: 8475
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:11 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby Richmond Racer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 17:17 pm

mfin wrote:If only the last person who made a mistake like this back in 'Cyclismasgate' was such a good sport eh :)



Was it a person of, um, French persuasion...?

User avatar
ddraver
Posts: 17355
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 15:57 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby ddraver » Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:28 pm

+1 well played Edward! Can't say that I ve not ever done the exact same thing with a different site :oops:
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

User avatar
mfin
Posts: 5080
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 21:46 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby mfin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 18:34 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:
mfin wrote:If only the last person who made a mistake like this back in 'Cyclismasgate' was such a good sport eh :)



Was it a person of, um, French persuasion...?


Yep, and the toys were thrown out of the Perambulator and I was ever so honored to receive a little lecture :)
.

Simon E
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 20:24 pm

Re: Wiggins' reaction to Rapha deal

Postby Simon E » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:Infantile and puerile are two alternative adjectives for it. Guess they've never got over Wiggins calling them amongst others 'anonymous w£^kers'...

I guessed Wiggo's outburst was aimed at the cyclismas in-crowd with their supposition and mud-slinging. They probably liked the recognition :roll:

There is enough interesting and sometimes insightful writing on the web so I don't see the point in bothering with stuff that looks like vanity publishing. Or perhaps it's just not my cup of tea...
Aspire not to have more, but to be more.


Return to “Pro Race”