Oakley Replacement Lenses

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
jefflad

Oakley Replacement Lenses

Postby jefflad » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm looking to get some clear lenses for my Racing Jackets but the cheapest I can find are £36 am I being tight thinking these are expensive? I could understand if they were a technical lenses but they aren't, they're clear plastic for crying out loud :oops:

prawny

Re: Oakley Replacement Lenses

Postby prawny » Sun Jan 06, 2013 16:58 pm

They're special plastic though! ;) bullet proof innit

That's not a bad price to be fair, I think most if the money goes into the material (and marketing) the colours probably don't cost much more. You normally get a little bottle or water repellent stuff too.
Saracen Dirttrax Disc
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015
Voodoo Bizango - 2014

jefflad

Postby jefflad » Sun Jan 06, 2013 17:21 pm

ha ha yes, when I was looking early last year for this pair a young lady in House of Fraser said the lenses are bullet proof, tested with a 12 gauge shotgun according to her!

I just want to use them on my commute so may look on eBay for a cheap second hand pair of glasses with clear lenses or like I feel I should buy the clear lens and make use of my Oakley's instead of only using at the weekends when I cycle in the sunlight :-/

prawny

Postby prawny » Sun Jan 06, 2013 18:07 pm

I use vented clear lenses almost exclusively. I think I used my red lenses maybe 3 times last year.

I'd use your oakleys for commuting too, I'd tried a few different glasses before I finally got my radars, probably could have bought another pair of radars with the money I wasted.

That said, the cheapest endura ones are meant to be pretty good
Saracen Dirttrax Disc
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015
Voodoo Bizango - 2014

Return to “Road Buying Advice”