Portable Bike Washer

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
durhamwasp

Portable Bike Washer

Postby durhamwasp » Wed Jan 09, 2013 23:46 pm

Seen a few people at cross races with there, any recommendations of good ones?

Seem quite cheap on ebay from £10 for a straight forward one to £17 for a similar one with brushes and other add-ons.
http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....

Peat

Re: Portable Bike Washer

Postby Peat » Thu Jan 10, 2013 08:44 am

I recently got one of the £15 yellow 8L hand-pumped ones off amazon.

I went out on the MTB last night and had it set-up just inside the door (Live in a flat) in anticipation of a muddy bike. Sure enough it was. But, within 15mins of arriving home, i was carrying a clean and wiped dry bike back indoors.

Very pleased with it, i bought it after seeing a friend with one that he brought on a ride (in his car). It's not extraordinarily powerful, but enough to knock fresh/wet mud straight off so you don't have to get your car/house filthy. Will do well for a CX bike and a doddle for a roadbike covered in fresh road-goop.

It comes with a nozzle which i took off, but it emptied the 8L rather too quickly. Will try with the nozzle attachment next time as said friend reckons you can clean two bikes with the 8L.

Would recommend

durhamwasp

Re: Portable Bike Washer

Postby durhamwasp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 09:54 am

thanks! thats the one ive been looking at for around £16, sounds good!
http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....

Return to “Road Buying Advice”