Bont vaypor shoes

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
vespario

Bont vaypor shoes

Postby vespario » Thu Jan 10, 2013 18:40 pm

Tried on some today. Were a great fit for my wide feet but very stiff and hard under my feet arches. I understand they are mouldable. Did anyone have this issue and resolve it through the moulding process?

Thanks

antooony

Re: Bont vaypor shoes

Postby antooony » Thu Jan 10, 2013 19:05 pm

I thought the same but they felt totally different when I sat on the bike and clipped in. They are so comfy on the bike yet feel hard under the arches as you say. I suffer from collapsed arches and have tried 3 different makes of shoe over the past 5 years and have never been totally comfortable, suffering from really bad cramp but only in my left foot. I purchased a pair of Bonts Vaypors, whacked them in the oven for 20 mins, molded them to my feet, fitted my cleats and have peddled over 250 miles in just over a week in them and no sign of the cramp or any uncomfortable areas on either foot.

I went for the A3's as they were the cheapest in the range with a view to upgrading to the A1's for the summer if the A3's were any good but tbh I doubt I'll bother as I am more than happy with the A3's. A brilliant cycling shoe at a brilliant price.

on-yer-bike

Postby on-yer-bike » Thu Jan 10, 2013 21:09 pm

Yes I had this issue and no I didnt resolve it. Like riding in clogs.
Pegoretti
Colnago
Campagnolo

vespario

Postby vespario » Fri Jan 11, 2013 18:46 pm

Will give them a miss then. Thanks for the advice!

Return to “Road Buying Advice”