Boardman Road Mech Hanger

Ask for advice or share your fettling tips
Captain Chaos

Boardman Road Mech Hanger

Postby Captain Chaos » Sat Jan 12, 2013 20:23 pm

Anyone got a direct link to a supplier for a rear mech hanger for a Boardman Road Race, including a part number?

Have done some googling but seem unable to identify the exact correct part. Several sites show a part claimed to be correct but they all seem to have pictures of different parts, and at around £20 I want to get it right

Thanks

Stevie_gee

Re: Boardman Road Mech Hanger

Postby Stevie_gee » Sat Jan 12, 2013 21:01 pm

When I bent my mech hanger on my bman road team I tried to buy a new one, apparently there's over 160 types and two 'identical' boardman frames might actually have different types!!!

Your local bike shop may be able to bend it back into shape (mine did, fine now) or they can just take it off, match the shape up on a big chart with all of the different types and order you the correct one. I would definitely recommend consulting your LBS, I would not like to try and track down the correct part online!

sungod

Postby sungod » Sun Jan 13, 2013 08:16 am

see hanger 49 here...

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk ... ERIC+ORDER

but it does depend what year the frame is, contact them if you want one for a different year

or you can contact boardman customer service 08450 579 000 (run by halfords) and ask

aside from allowing alignment by slight beding, a hanger is often a sacrificial component, intended to fail before the frame is damaged

a badly bent hanger may be weakened, it's better to replace than straighten
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Captain Chaos

Postby Captain Chaos » Sun Jan 13, 2013 16:36 pm

sungod & Stevie_Gee

Thanks both - will investigate mountainbikecomponents and try the Halfords No

Thanks

R0M

Postby R0M » Mon Jan 14, 2013 20:31 pm

Any luck with this ? After a nasty accident my Boardman needs one (among other things!)

richiebones

Postby richiebones » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 pm

take the bits to your LBS, they should have draws full of mech hangers......saves alot of time trawling through the internet hoping youve found the right one only to find out they posted the wrong picture on the website.....voice of experience

Captain Chaos

Postby Captain Chaos » Tue Jan 15, 2013 20:04 pm

R0M wrote:Any luck with this ? After a nasty accident my Boardman needs one (among other things!)

No not yet. It's actually my sons bike which is currently in Exeter. Its not badly bent but I need to sort him out a spare. Thus the LBS Route is not really an option - he's not a mechanical expert - he could change it but I would not be confident he'd get the right part. Hanger 49 from the mountain bike site above looks the most promising

Return to “Workshop”